Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 105 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

She has been "told" that her deal will ONLY be acceptable if she steps down

What has that got to do with integrity? Immediately after the referendum, those same MPs crowned her as their leader to take them through to deliver Brexit. They didn't say "You do all the hard work to at least ensure we're out, then one of us will take over". She should tell them to sod off. I don't think there's been any integrity shown on any side in Westminster since Cameron fell for his Euro-sceptics dare of putting the referendum in his manifesto.

Anyway, we still don't know what's happening!

• Like 1

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

What has that got to do with integrity? Immediately after the referendum, those same MPs crowned her as their leader to take them through to deliver Brexit. They didn't say "You do all the hard work to at least ensure we're out, then one of us will take over". She should tell them to sod off. I don't think there's been any integrity shown on any side in Westminster since Cameron fell for his Euro-sceptics dare of putting the referendum in his manifesto.

Anyway, we still don't know what's happening!

Hang on, aren't you confusing HER INTEGRITY to do the right thing to get what she believes (whether anyone else believes or not is not the issue here) is right for the UK done, with that of the those same MPs who crowned her?  And Cameron and integrity in the same sentence. Blimey that's like putting Blair and saint in the same sentence, or Balls and intelligent, or Gove and trustworthy, or Milliband and Grommit....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

20 hours ago, PAR said:

OK, i promise I won’t post anymore.

You have as much right to post your thoughts be it data or your personal views of the whole process as anyone else in the forum, if you think you are being bullied into submission, I don’t think that was the intention, well I hope not.

Looks as though we are facing a GE.

If this is the case the first thing that should happen is that every current MP should be fired by their constituents & replaced since they have demonstrated complete ineptitude during the Brexit process. Corbyn will get his wish (the GE) but should not be allowed to be around to win any GE since his approach all along has been just to try to kybosh any Tory deal, because that’s what he does best, react against the establishment of the day. (With SNP not far behind)

We won’t even go down the thought process of whether his past should allow him to stand for Parliament let alone PM

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Seems you may be overlooking a “brexit Party” option. This would completely muller both Tory and Labour 

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Seems you may be overlooking a “brexit Party” option. This would completely muller both Tory and Labour 

And then chap where would we be. I am genuinely worried about Corbyn and I promise you this is not going to be good for you or me. 

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Looks as though we are facing a GE.

If this is the case the first thing that should happen is that every current MP should be fired by their constituents & replaced since they have demonstrated complete ineptitude during the Brexit process. Corbyn will get his wish (the GE) but should not be allowed to be around to win any GE since his approach all along has been just to try to kybosh any Tory deal, because that’s what he does best, react against the establishment of the day. (With SNP not far behind)

We won’t even go down the thought process of whether his past should allow him to stand for Parliament let alone PM

Really though, May failed. That then made Parliament look to fail, when there could be no consensus, since no consensus had been sought. 

It's all May's and her party's fault. And there is a question over whether conservatives should ever be trusted again. On the other hand a Corbyn administration is a very scary prospect. 

Edited by JG220
  • Like 1

It is not right to Simply blame May because she couldn’t secure a deal despite all the other deals being suggested also were voted against. She couldn’t deliver the impossible.

She pushed her preference, everyone else pushed theirs. No one willing to compromise and Corbyn being a complete twat throughout.

The whole bloody lot of them are equally at fault, for not being prepared to put aside own self interest and compromise to find the least disagreeable result for the country.

Frankly whatever happened 2/3rds of the population won’t be happy with the result. So broadly 3 camps. Hard Brexit. Softer Brexit and Remain, you’ll therefore never get complete consensus. 

Regardless, if we end up with Corbyn we’re all screwed and I agree with @Dan E this would the the absolute worst result. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Dan E said:

And then chap where would we be. I am genuinely worried about Corbyn and I promise you this is not going to be good for you or me. 

He’s unelectable - he is a massive hypocrite and everyone knows this. There will be a party come from the ashes which will promise a hard brexit. That I would suspect would absolutely collapse the vote count for the major parties.

back to basics - we voted leave - deal was never on offer and let’s jot forget by voting this way we were promised higher interest rates, a huge recession, mass unemployment and plagues of locusts.

even if comrade Corbyn got in - frankly it’ll be just fine. I’ll sit back and restructure my life and business to suit

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
7 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

even if comrade Corbyn got in - frankly it’ll be just fine. I’ll sit back and restructure my life and business to suit

How much of your electrical work is in Europe mine is 50%

17 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

back to basics - we voted leave - deal was never on offer

Part of the problem. It was leave or stay. Stay was defined, leave wasn’t, so no-one really knew what the result would be if voting leave. Hard or soft? Made it very difficult for people in the middle (like myself) to decide which way to vote.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

The government propaganda leaflet delivered to every household in the uk was pretty clear on the issue.

what we currently have is hundreds of MPs spinning this scenario to meet their own ends. They are not considering the answer to the clear question based on that brochure which pleaded with us to vote remain.

19 minutes ago, Dan E said:

How much of your electrical work is in Europe mine is 50%

100% of it

Only here once

7 minutes ago, CHANGES said:

Sorry the definition of leave is 

leave

1. 1.
    go away from.
    synonyms:

depart from, go away from, go from, withdraw from, retire from, take oneself off from, exit from, take one's leave of, pull out of, quit, be gone from, decamp from, disappear from, abandon, vacate, absent oneself from, evacuate; More      

When i voted leave, That is what i voted for..   So to say no one knew what the result would be by voting leave is wrong.   Saying the outcome of leave was an unknown would  have been more apt.  But most people who voted leave were very passionate about what they were voting for ,' getting out from under the EU rule' .  It would be correct to say the outcome would require transition period into a new beginning,  but more of the same EU degradation  in to a federal state of Europe  was not democratic or acceptable.  So we voted out REGARDLESS.. 

I am aware of the dictionary definition of leave, accept that unknown may be more apt than undefined. You have described the 2 extremes on here, and I think made my point that there is a large proportion who had to choose between 2 extremes. So will have gone one way or another, or not voted as each were equally distasteful. 

So please don’t assume that every leave voter is at the extreme end. If everyone was in one of the extreme camps then we’d have made a decision. Because there are broadly 3 camps we can’t get to 50%+ agreement.

Europe don’t want us to leave, so they were never going to make it easy. 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

We triggered article 50 - and in uk law the end date that was passed by our law makers was 29/03/19.

now its been extended - as our laws are overruled by the EU. 

THAT single fact is enough for me to vote leave no matter what

Only here once

19 minutes ago, Colin P said:

So please don’t assume that every leave voter is at the extreme end. If everyone was in one of the extreme camps then we’d have made a decision. Because there are broadly 3 camps we can’t get to 50%+ agreement.

Never did assume that,  But if you voted leave then you would be under no misapprehension you were voting to leave and visa versa , how strong your feeling are on the matter is irrelevant, you vote one way or the other ....    Not sure I understand what the third camp is you refer to ,,  Stay... Leave.... ???? 

19 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Europe don’t want us to leave, so they were never going to make it easy. 

Well maybe they should have considered how public opinion was, then made it more attractive or us to stay..   But I suppose none elected leaders  do not care about public opinion because they can not be voted out...       So it must have really piss them off when one of their major financial contributors decided to leave , because of a public democratic vote..  

58 minutes ago, CHANGES said:

Well maybe they should have considered how public opinion was, then made it more attractive or us to stay..   

Its actually worse than this. Juncker knew since his appointment that the UK was against further integration and federalism but continually advocated these at every opportunity just to taunt the UK.

• Like 1