Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 134 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

The deal takes out a great chunk - if not a fatal chunk - out of SNP's incessant whining about how Brexit would ruin Scottish industry, farming and foodstuffs.

what will they rant about now?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate of mine in Dover just told me the Port and town are gridlocked. P&O are running ferries on Christmas Day (never known that before so someone must have seriously greased some palms), one of those big ships can carry about 180 lorries or so, and the tunnel is back in operation. Therefore, with 2,000 of them, the backlog shouldn't take too long to clear.

This assumes no further lorries continue to pile in of course. Which they will. So, I reckon it'll be a few days yet.

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Does that mean we can now officially tell Macron to f@@k off? 

Probably.

I reckon when the details come out of the final stages it will be as predicted months (years) ago ie, Merkel, told by German industry to sort it, spoke to Von Der Leyen and told her to sort it, then her and Boris did so, over the heads of Barnier and Macron.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
7 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Mate of mine in Dover just told me the Port and town are gridlocked. P&O are running ferries on Christmas Day (never known that before so someone must have seriously greased some palms), one of those big ships can carry about 180 lorries or so, and the tunnel is back in operation. Therefore, with 2,000 of them, the backlog shouldn't take too long to clear.

This assumes no further lorries continue to pile in of course. Which they will. So, I reckon it'll be a few days yet.

I have just spoken to a mate of mine in Watford who runs a high end car servicing operation and he reckons you're talking bollocks 🙂 

45 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Drakeford also now showing his true colours, an out and out Welsh Nationalist hiding behind the Welsh Labour Party 

Every time I see him spouting his usual drivel & looking like he's just crawled in after a heavy night's drinking I feel ashamed to be Welsh 😪

Cheers,

John W

Just opened a lovely bottle of Chapel Down Bacchus wine to celebrate the deal being done. One of the few good things to come out of Kent! lol...

Will go lovely with British Mussels and white wine sauce, and 30 year old starter toasted sour dough, for my tea tonight!

Who actually needs the EU anyway.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

30 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Poland, Greece, Romania, Portugal, Hungary, Bulgaria, Belgium and a few more🙄

And Italy, Ireland, Croatia, Chech Republic, Spain & Portugal to name a few 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cheers,

John W

21 hours ago, rallyesax said:

I might hide for a moment, bullets are coming strong over here. 😉

Sorry you feel you need to hide. The bullets are coming from a tiny minority and I am afraid the most vocal members of the forum, probably your typical school yard bully in there time. I do feel sorry for our European friends and members of this forum the abuse they have to read and digest. Some more positive news today with a Brexit deal. Me for one can not wait to travel and see our friends in the EU and see and experience some amazing cultures. The usually suspects on this thread will be will have there say they always do.

• Like 1

Get over yourself or did you miss his "wink"!  We have also made it perfectly clear that any ire is directed at the politicians.

Anyhow, seasons greetings.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

The general dislike of the EU elite politicians id suspect is shared by many within the EU who’s cultural identity has been fully eroded by this experiment 

• Like 1

Only here once

3 hours ago, SFO said:

The deal takes out a great chunk - if not a fatal chunk - out of SNP's incessant whining about how Brexit would ruin Scottish industry, farming and foodstuffs.

what will they rant about now?

They will rant about BoJo giving away too much Scottish fish to the EU

19 minutes ago, 100th_Idiot said:

They will rant about BoJo giving away too much Scottish fish to the EU

Actually they can't rant about that as the Scots nolw have access to more fish and what BoJo has actually done is given the Scots more fish!  Will be interesting to see how Sturgeon spins that one but in reality it has already started as who knew but the entire Scottish economy was actually based on the seed potato and that bastard BoJo has not secured a deal for that...  What a muppet eh?

The small print.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

IGet over yourself or did you miss his "wink"!  We have also made it perfectly clear that any ire is directed at the politicians.

Anyhow, seasons greetings.

Like I said the usual suspects and sincere greetings to you and to all the lotus family from every corner of the globe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Actually they can't rant about that as the Scots nolw have access to more fish and what BoJo has actually done is given the Scots more fish!  Will be interesting to see how Sturgeon spins that one but in reality it has already started as who knew but the entire Scottish economy was actually based on the seed potato and that bastard BoJo has not secured a deal for that...  What a muppet eh?

Hmm. Yes. I am aware of that. It was a joke about the illogicality of leaving the UK to go under the yolk of the EU.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Actually they can't rant about that as the Scots now have access to more fish and what BoJo has actually done is given the Scots more fish!  Will be interesting to see how Sturgeon spins that one.......

Apparently, BJ's 'deal' is a total betrayal of the Scottish fishing industry - that's the industry that will be protected under the new Fisheries Bill (now an Act) that the SNP voted against last month and the industry that they were fully prepared to (and had behind the scenes already offered to) hand back to the EU upon Scotland being admitted as an independent European country. 😠

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds!

• Love 1

6 hours ago, jonwat said:

Every time I see him spouting his usual drivel & looking like he's just crawled in after a heavy night's drinking I feel ashamed to be Welsh 😪

Drakeford looks, sounds and acts like a reject from Lord of the Rings puppet collection 

EU document showing comparison of pros/cons of deal