IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to the UK voters.

Now, I am pro for working together and having a level of fairtrade etc.

But I will never vote for an institution which resembles a one World government, thich is undemocatic and way above the humans.

Problems to come? well, yes, in any case. Let's take it nice and easy now.

Would I like to see a vote here in Denmark? yes.

Cheers,

Jacques.

• Like 2

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Cameron has just announced he is standing down.

I thought that was a fine speech.

Right - off to work!

• Gold FFM

So, will this be another election or simply a reshuffle with the party. I recon as mentioned it's a stalling tactic prior to signing article 50. It will give them time to select what they think is best for the UK. With the emphasis on, they think

Am I the only one who thinks they will stall on Article 50, kick the can down the road and pour millions into a new propaganda campaign to convince the populace to vote "the right way" ahead of a new referendum? 

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Farage has just been questioned on the news. He now says the 350 million will not go to the NHS and the previous promise was a mistake. He has been asked if there were anymore mistakes made in their pre vote promises. He cant answer. MORE BLOODY LIES BY POLITICIANS.

The best thing that can happen now is Farage disappearing quietly from politics - somehow I doubt it (bad penny springs to mind). ANyway I don't see that he is in any position to make promises about UK spending - he's not even an MP.

Wow.

So no £350 million per week for the NHS after all.  Who would have thought it.

And £350 BILLION lost from the UK economy, equivalent to 40 years of EU membership.

Well done England.

Is anyone really surprised at this? The last time we asked the Great British Public to vote on anything we ended up with "Boaty McBoatface".

This decision is equally non-sensical. I genuinely fear for my kids' future in this now isolated and xenophobic country. 

14 minutes ago, franjipane said:

And £350 BILLION lost from the UK economy, equivalent to 40 years of EU membership.

Well done England.

Oh come on - The current situation is a knee jerk reaction by the markets that will correct itself over the coming weeks to some degree or other. Before we start making any statements like this we need matters to settle down a bit (not saying it will fully recover in the immediate future, just don't know), Stirling is already recovering to some degree or other. At the moment it is a matter of keeping heads down and trying not to talk ourselves into a recession or such like.

• Like 2

Hope you're right March, but with Scotland likely to go independent, possibly followed by the Irish, more control handed to the right, and high-earners and more manufacturing moving to more attractive economies it is a bit of a concern.

I say this from the perspective of someone who does a fair bit of work for clients abroad, and right now that makes me a cheaper alternative.

Not just trade Kimbers, but peace too! Don't forget that was the primary reason for the EU!  (not that i'm implying ww3 or anything!)

Kimbers - totally agree - they all get the 'get out of jail free' card as the UK will now and forever get the blame for the break up of the EU.

Long term, I think a 1970s ish trading 'league' may emerge without all the attached unelected bureaucracy and cost. It won't be easy!

Although the vote was reasonably close, I wonder just how many 'remain' voters, like me, only voted remain to keep things stable and didn't want to rock the boat.

Now we have been given an opportunity to take on the 'EU machine', we could be in for interesting times.

• Like 2

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Kimbers, some of the EU could (if it wished) exit the EU about as easily as we are about to (when I refer to easy, I'm thinking along the lines of how easy it is to remove an Esprit heater matrix whilst wearing boxing gloves), but others will find it much more difficult as they are part of the common currency, so they'd have a double-exit to achieve.

MarcH

I think my view of Nigel is fairly obvious by a previous post (if not, then lets just say, it's about time he took a selfie while at the top of the cliffs of Dover, in the dark...) and so agree about him disappearing from politics but there is a quote that he goes quite some way to prove correct, so he has a purpose:- In politics, stupidity is not a handicap

• Like 2

What happened to all the ballot papers being rubbed out and new crosses put in the remain box?

Anyway, while I voted to remain, I am in the minority and have to graciously accept that we are leaving.  I think Cameron did the right thing in resigning.  How could he be seen as being responsible for negotiating the terms of our departure when he had been so keen to not leave in the first place?  I don't think he will do a Farrage and withdraw his resignation a few weeks later.  The Labour party are a bit stuffed as their position was to support staying in.  I see that some Labour MPs are already calling for Corbyn to resign but I suspect that's an excuse.

I do now expect the funding crisis of the NHS to be solved, VAT on fuel to be removed and all, non-skilled immigrants to be barred by the end of 2018 as promised by the Leave campaign.  I expect more strongly to be disappointed on all, 3 items.

Happily for me, I will get a US pension so a low pound will be good for me.  My son-in-law, on the other hand, received an email from his bosses at the law firm where he works that they must expect tough times ahead so he and my daughter think their plans to buy a house next year will have to be put on hold.  I wonder how many companies will use this result as an excuse to freeze or cut wages and staff numbers.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

So I hear Scotland was universally for staying and who walks into the fray just after the vote to stir the shit but the Donald (being contrary to the locals position). 

It's the UK's business on the vote , but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find a reason to permanently detain him in a moldy dungeon. We'll pay you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaveyT said:

So, when Scotland vote to leave the UK in favour of the EU, where will the border run? (As is likely to be reinstated for Ireland)

Passports to get into Scotland? 

Depends on what you think the conditions for Scotland will be to ascede into the EU given that they are currently NOT a member, the UK is, and that all bets are off on UK concessions.

So, highly unlikely in the current situation that a UK outside of the EU will share a currency with a Scotland inside the EU, so, No Mrs SNP you cannae keep the pound as the EU will not let you

Highly unlikely that Scotland will accede without having to accept full freedom of movement and will likely be forced to accept Shengan -as the Eu will see this as another way to punish rUK for leaving. So a border of some sorts will exist between Scotland and the rUK -think about it, if not, people will travel to Edinburgh and Glasgow under EU free movement then just get the train down to rUK - defeating the object of BREXIT for regaining border controls. A passport, maybe not, an identity check of some sorts, a highly likely possibility

But then this is assuming that the Indyref2 goes the way of Independence from the rUK - those two points above were huge considerations last time, there was some ambiguity around them, this time, there will be no ambiguity so even harder for some Scots to swallow as their biggest trading partner by some way, rUK will feel much more distant and you will swapping, very clearly, Westminster for Brussels - i.e. may sound like an independent country but you will, more than last times Indyref outcome, be more beholden to Brussels for fiscal policy and laws than they are currently to Westminster. So I would argue, Independence.What Independence?

It will feel like a much more final separation for the decision I would argue is still very much in the balance. Please though anyone, tell me if you think I am way off here.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!