IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Above all correct.

It looks like another big push for a second referendum today, this time from some Tory MPs. I do unfortunately think they will get what they want.

What would the result be though? One of the phrases which was repeated ad-nauseum by remainers during the first vote was they wanted to "remain in a reformed EU". Well they cant use that again! Any talk of being able to reform the EU will be laughed-at next time.

I do think that enough people will have been scared shitless by fake news next time though to swing if to remain.

I see Tony B liar has been given air time again and is still trying to interfere by undermining protocol and meeting individuals in the EU. Can someone please find a way of calling his actions treason and lock him up in the Tower of London! :2guns:

Then we have the master of “let’s keep having a referendum until we get the result that I want” getting on her soapbox again, telling labour what to do. Not that she’s got another motive in mind at all :sleeping:

• Gold FFM

That petition is at 145k now. I wonder at what point they will start to take notice.

ken Clarke’s position on not wanting another vote is the key for me - they’ve clearly looked into this at great depths

Only here once

What’s that? 0.2% of the population? Pretty meaningless when compared to the 17.4 million who voted leave  in 2016.

Even Boaty McBoatface polled 125,000 votes back then.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight

Should never have put a bunch of remainers (May, Hammond & ALL the civil service) in charge of getting us out. 

She's rolled over & submitted to EVERYTHING they've demanded by over ruling her negoiaters (David Davis & Dominic Raab). :thumbdown:

• Like 2

Cheers,

John W

My issue now is that any new referendum vote looks likely to be a 3 way split. 1. Remain, 2. Leave with Mays Deal, 3. Leave with no deal.

For me this is fundamentally against Democracy and an obvious blindside by the Politicians to split the leave vote 2 ways while everyone else votes remain.

If there is a second referendum I truly believe we will see much worse than we are in Paris at present. I also think UKIP will get in at the next General Election should we not Leave. 

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

9 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

My issue now is that any new referendum vote looks likely to be a 3 way split. 1. Remain, 2. Leave with Mays Deal, 3. Leave with no deal.

For me this is fundamentally against Democracy and an obvious blindside by the Politicians to split the leave vote 2 ways while everyone else votes remain.

If there is a second referendum I truly believe we will see much worse than we are in Paris at present. I also think UKIP will get in at the next General Election should we not Leave. 

Three options doesn't have to be one where it splits the "leave" vote.

It can be set in many ways. Just one example would be 

1) stay

2) leave, whether we have a deal or not

3) leave, only if the deal is in place

4) leave, and we don't want a deal.

It would probably need to be simpler than that for the electorate to not get tens of thousand of errors, but I'm sure you get the idea that three ways doesn't mean diluting the leave options.

It could also be

If we have  a deal,we should

1) leave

2) stay

If we don't have a deal we should

1) leave

2) stay

• Gold FFM

Political elite are shaking - they know the backlash that will occur.

May will force the deal to parliament - she will lose the vote. We will exit 

I hope

Only here once

More BBC bias.

Todays story on huge levels of non-repayment of student loans totally fails to mention this:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/820072/Scandal-foreign-EU-students-owe-Britain-1-2-BILLION-student-loans-university

Note: I dont have a lot of confidence in the Express but their report is backed-up by the Times although they last mentioned it in 2016 so their figures are lower.

• Thanks 1

All business leaders only promote self-interest. What’s best for their business is apparently best for everyone else. Branson says Remain is best because it means cheaper holidays and more business for Virgin. Dyson says Leave is best because he makes all his appliances in Asia and he’s hoping to sell them to us tariff-free. They’re even worse than the politicians when it comes to promoting their propaganda.

• Like 2

There is another reason for Dyson hating the EU. They implemented a maximum power consumption of vacuum cleaners and they set the figure at exactly the highest one produced by any German manufacturer. His came in higher so he had to re-design to reduce the power, but that reduces the suction.

Well exactly. They have a record of only supporting German industry. Another example of this is we pay much higher pricing for solar PV panels from China as there is a regulated min import price which is to protect German companies.

An immediate effect of a no deal would be 20% cheaper solar power.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

That’ll be the various German pv panel manufacturers.

whats conveniently missing is that there are no PV solar cell fab factories in Germany. These are nearly all in India, China or Korea and imported into Germany - then stuck in a frame with a bit of glass and a big made in Germany sticker whopped on it

Only here once