Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Launch Edition Register - Page 12 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Launch Edition Register

LOTUSMAN33

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

@Rambo according to Service Parts List:

MODEL HISTORY MILESTONES
Evora Introduction:
First deliveries commence June 2009 at ‘09 VIN serial number 0721.

Evora 0647 is a very early car, so is either a press car or a development car that got released into the wild as they sometimes do.  The press cars I know of on the register are AU09AKK, AU09AKZ, AU09AOG & AU09EJZ.  Is it one of these?

The definitive way to find out where Evora 0647 is in the production order by VIN for the UK market cars is to get a Certificate Of Provenance from Lotus (via a FFM gold upgrade care of  @Bibs of course because you effectivley get a year's free TLF FFM membership - I did this when I got the CoP for my Elise S3 last year).

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

Interesting fact discovered about mine (serial 1030, AU59 DRV), as it was an european press car it's proudly stickered "press car" on the handbrake assembly. 
Not sure where the "development cars" category comes from - because it was owned by Lotus directly?

647CC432-6742-4C8A-8BFF-F27637265029.jpeg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, EuropaSman said:

@Rambo according to Service Parts List:

MODEL HISTORY MILESTONES
Evora Introduction:
First deliveries commence June 2009 at ‘09 VIN serial number 0721.

Evora 0647 is a very early car, so is either a press car or a development car that got released into the wild as they sometimes do.  The press cars I know of on the register are AU09AKK, AU09AKZ, AU09AOG & AU09EJZ.  Is it one of these?

The definitive way to find out where Evora 0647 is in the production order by VIN for the UK market cars is to get a Certificate Of Provenance from Lotus (via a FFM gold upgrade care of  @Bibs of course because you effectivley get a year's free TLF FFM membership - I did this when I got the CoP for my Elise S3 last year).

Checked mine and I'm VIN 722 so not sure if that means the car was legally registered just after the first delivery car. My first reg is 5/6/09 but as discussed I don't have the LE Badging as I'm assume it was a dealer car used for demonstrations at events etc based on feedback in this group when I first found the register. 

I'm going to get the cop for my Elite as I know far less about it. 

• Gold FFM

@Jonathan Ashcroft It might be a dealer demonstrator car. The first owner should be in the maintenance record booklet, so that should identify if it was a UK dealer demo car or not.

Here's a re-post of a link to a list of dealers and demonstrators (scroll to the bottom of the article).

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.naver?isHttpsRedirect=true&blogId=dkleed&logNo=40066134289

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

Mine was from Stratton and it does meet the description of their demonstrator car. I have all the history so I'll check. I bought the Evora big hardback book from the Lotus shop at the factory and it is a beautiful coffee table addition. Lots of great sketches and pictures and not too many words 😂

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I have an electronic copy of the "Evora Design Concept" book. It is a good read.   I also have the "Lotus Evora - Sublime Supercar" book by Johnny Tipler and will be getting his new book "Lotus Evora - Speed And Style" when it comes out in March 2023.

I got an Evora DVD that links in nicely with the Sublime Supercar book

From memory it was something like

’The Making of a Modern Icon’ and it compliments the book nicely. Many of the design drawings are featured with interviews with Carr, Becker, Mike Kimberley et al. There’s great footage of artic testing at Arjeplog in Sweden, track work at Hethel and the Nurburgring, lots of factory pieces and of course comments from in period motoring journalists at their ‘do’ in Scotland. 
Well worth hunting down and watching if you’ve not seen it

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, 003a said:

Currently off the road due to throttle body engine codes but hoping a good clean will sort that out this weekend.

P2104 and P2119 perchance?

@jep, will try to look some out.

@mcdonaa, yes years ahead of the Lamborghini Sterrato B-)

@Rambo, yes you guessed it but have pulled out the throttle body, given it a good clean and the idle has dropped to normal levels, codes cleared and it's now driving well without the codes coming back. Will need to monitor. I have had a low level oil leak from somewhere for some time, not enough to cause concern but when I got the throttle body off there was clear evidence of oil in the supercharger so suspect that may be the source but at a loss at the moment to understand why it's getting in there - more work needed I think.

@21gg, yes I believe so - I think it's the same one that @JayEmm reviewed in this video https://youtu.be/pvrl7UdrqEo?si=OLNXm081dpAf5iqf but the number plate is different (V6 FPB vs AU09 AKK - it doesn't look like a trade plate so note sure. I wonder If @JayEmm can remember? Interesting you note it as a GTE engine as, despite finding the engine number, I've not been able to definitively confirm which model the engine is.

• Gold FFM

Crikey that's a long time ago!

An HPI search or CarVertical should tell you what plates it has worn in the past. Would love to be of help but not sure how I can

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

1 hour ago, JayEmm said:

Crikey that's a long time ago!

An HPI search or CarVertical should tell you what plates it has worn in the past. Would love to be of help but not sure how I can

Thanks good idea. Just checked CarVertical and .gov.uk for that plate and both confirm the V6 FPB plate isn't a valid plate. Also checked the previous owners paperwork which confirms it was the same vehicle as the invoice was from Sratton Motor Company on the current plate AU09 AKK.

13 hours ago, 003a said:

@jep

@mcdonaa

@Rambo, yes you guessed it but have pulled out the throttle body, given it a good clean and the idle has dropped to normal levels, codes cleared and it's now driving well without the codes coming back. Will need to monitor. I have had a low level oil leak from somewhere for some time, not enough to cause concern but when I got the throttle body off there was clear evidence of oil in the supercharger so suspect that may be the source but at a loss at the moment to understand why it's getting in there - more work needed I think.

@21gg,mmm   @JayEmm 

👍

The stated output is not far off the 385bhp dyno quoted by @TheKevlarKid for his Swindon GTE engine, so it sounds about right for your car. Stratton bought up the unused parts and chassis for the GTE programme and apparently installed one of the engines in your car.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/02/2023 at 09:42, Seb said:

Interesting fact discovered about mine (serial 1030, AU59 DRV), as it was an european press car it's proudly stickered "press car" on the handbrake assembly. 
Not sure where the "development cars" category comes from - because it was owned by Lotus directly?

647CC432-6742-4C8A-8BFF-F27637265029.jpeg

Development cars didn't use the serial numbering of production cars, so their VINs contain "EP" or "VP" and a number, e.g. EP01 was the first.

On 26/01/2024 at 18:44, 003a said:

Bit (very!) late to the party but my son and I have AU09 AKK which was the first registered one I think and also the main press launch car (affectionally called Hero by the chaps at Lotus since it worked so hard apparently)

Yours was one of a batch of cars registered on the same day (1st April 2009). All press cars and the first to be assigned proper serial numbers.

Edited by kkv444v
typo