Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 6 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

In 2019, when the powerplant cheat had Ferrari untouchable in straight line speed, Seb could not help tripping over his own shoelaces and so undoing Ferrari's path to the championship. Perhaps that can be seen in a positive light, that he was unsettled or troubled by the situation due to his better nature. Not a single driver of cars powered by Ferrari since the engine matter was made right can be happy with where they are at at present. 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Proven to not be a good team mate though over the years

Well there is that yes!

Perez would be good for Haas I reckon, definitely worth changing out Grosjean IMO

• Like 1

Probably do better in the water (rain). Funny how they go from fastest engine last year to slowest this year and a legal case to stop any details coming out. I love Ferrari in F1, but as a business they can be absolute shits I feel when you read about their behaviours, they're desist notices to owners etc.

Would still have one in a heartbeat, just wish they would drop all the other bollocks and focus on their great cars. Same goes for the F1 team.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

So all the chatter today is about the shunt at safety car restart at yesterdays race in Mugello. Drivers up in arms and saying stuff like "it's all the organisers fault".

Can I just say and leave out there, that the restart rules are consistent and have not changed. it is up to the lead driver to decide when to go and if they want to leave it until the very last inch before the control line then that is up to them.  All this chatter about the safety car lights went out too light - in other words they want to the lights to go off half way round the lap so they can then leave a gap and decide when to go - is just bullshit. Bottas played it straight. He kept a consistent speed till he went.  The drivers at the back behaved like total muppets (at worst) or novices (at best) when THEY DECIDED to gun it and accelerate up to 250kmh+ and run into the back of the pack. Fcukwits, the lot of them.

Another example in this day and age of how it is always someone elses fault. It was the drivers who caused it. No one else.

Yet another example in today's society as to how it always has to be someone elses fault. Christ, what next, Boxers whinging they got a black eye because the organisers wanted to create a "spectacle" for the fans?

FFS F1 drivers. Stop your whinging and whining and just get on with it please.

• Love 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

It does appear that one person went (didn't catch who it was) noticed nobody else has and cut left across the track, that made everyone behind stand on the throttle the problem being that as the first car cut across the line of the other cats it unsighted them which then became inevitable tears.

I'm not sure all 12 penalised were necessarily in the wrong, seems a little blanket blame there. Nothing won't with the procedure though as you say. One over keen driver causes mayhem.

To be honest the post safety car rolling re-starts are usually pretty uneventful. I think this was something we all expected to add a bit of spice to the action when they introduced the safety car into F1. But it very rarely seems to result in a change in the lead, more a question of follow the leader. Maybe they should have an orthodox standing re-start after the safety car comes in? They offer greater scope for overtaking.

• Gold FFM

The problem the FIA have is that if they penalise him for it they will probably get the mother of all backlashes/very bad PR. Bit of a powder keg that one. On the flip side they also can't ignore it so I think they are going to have a bumpy few weeks one way or the other

To be honest, I think what Bottas did in leaving it until the start/finish was the cause of the accident. It was obvious that that is what was going to happen.  He allowed all the drivers to bunch up a lot closer than if it was a standing start. They are racing drivers and they want to get the best start possible and pass as many cars as possible.

To be fair to Bottas it is a long start straight and any car following behind with a similar performance will have the advantage of slipstreaming. I expect Bottas was trying to keep the start / finish straight as short as possible by leaving the re-start to the very last second.

The Mugello start / finish straight is very long and rolling starts will inevitably lead to accidents. Perhaps it is down to the stewards to insist on standing starts on tracks like this so the cars can be better and more safely spaced.

Rubbish.  Absolute total baloney. He didn't allow them all to box up (watch the video back they were well spaced out at the back) which is why when the numpties at the back accelerated they had the space to get to warp speed.

Blaming Bottas for that incident is just nonsense in my humble opinion.  These are the supposed to be the best drivers in the world and a few of them just lost the plot.

• Like 1

The small print.

F2 which is supposed to be for 'apprentice' f1 drivers had the same situation and they behaved impeccably

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

OK, I was basing my comments on only having seen Channel 4 footage on Sunday. They broadcast long shots that fore-shorten the image and appear to bunch up the field. I have since reviewed Youtube footage from other angles and have revised my opinions.

@C8RKH Which drivers do you think lost the plot?

The ones that crashed!  :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Picture below, everyone is well spaced out and look at the back.... You certainly cannot say they are bunched up by Bottas.

image.png.bcd39cd9f53b2ba5f8e581f07fc90727.png

A second later, white car in 13th place goes, floors it, realises their mistake and shoots to the left and brakes hard - chaos ensues..

At the point in the picutre below he is accelerating past 12th past car on the left - just ahead you can the casrs in 8th, 9th and 10th are still ahead in their little gap and group of 3, it is the pack from 11th back that are accelerating up their arses and closing the gap quickly

image.png.795eddffd38d25866856169d5a19aae7.png

And moment of impact captured...

image.thumb.png.ba3dc93ead728b379db520535768d447.png

18 cars contested the restart. 12 cars ahead of the crash. 2 well behind the crash, so that leaves 4 right in the mix and the crash originally happened between cars placed 15 and 16. So I blame those 4 drivers plus the one in 13th who bolted first. 

The small print.

The Williams drivers have to take the main responsibility and more so Latifi. The rules say you have to be within 10 cars length of the car you are following and you are not allowed to drive to slowly. Latifi was 20 car lengths at times and there for driving to slowly to gain that gap. Same for Russell to a lesser extent. Both Williams accelerate when they see green lights only to find the field are still going at the pace car speed and both take drastic steps to avoid collisions after that  the cars following the two Williams also think the race is back on and find a wall of slower cars when the Williams jump out the way. 

• Like 2

Yup - inexperienced back markers, too keen and eager and trying to get a "jump" on the rest of the field at the restart. Think we can safely say it was fluff all to do with Bottas and all these calls for changes are just a distraction and bull shit. Shall we put fluffy cushions all around the cars too so we don't even get scratched paint any more?  Idiot drivers the issue. Nothing more.

On a lighter note, anyone fancy joining me on a petition to get F1 at Bathurst?  :)

The small print.

39 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

On a lighter note, anyone fancy joining me on a petition to get F1 at Bathurst?  :)

There are some great elevation changes at Bathurst from what I can recall too!

Imagine the downhill stretch with DRS fully open, driving to the left then right handers at over 200mph!  Phwoaaarrrrr.....

• Like 1

The small print.

The speed difference through the corners is truly astounding...

• Like 2

The small print.