Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 18 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

20 minutes ago, pete said:

Don't understand why lapped cars were able to unlap themselves before the red flag restart. What is the point of that rule?

On the sky commentary it was stated that it would allow the "timing" to be accurate on the restart - i.e. they would not have to re-boot and reset all the timing systems. No idea why this was the right thing to do, just what they said. I am sure someone intelligent will be along to educate us. 

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Russell has now apologised for the incident with Bottas and stewards have said Hamilton didn't break any rules by reversing onto the track

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

20 minutes ago, pete said:

Hamilton didn't break any rules by reversing onto the track

There is no rules around reversing on the track (remember Rosberg in Monaco qualifying the year he won the WDC?) as long as they do it in a "safe" manner.  The reversing rule is that cars "cannot reverse under their own power in the pit lane".

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Interesting developments off track. Red Bull will be making their own “power units” (god I hate that term) when Honda withdraws and have poached a senior Mercedes engineer to become Technical Director. Who will Horner be able to blame then?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/56863348

I don’t know. It will spice up Friday and Saturday a little, but detract from Sunday, since we will already know who is faster in race conditions and those guys will all be starting at the front on Sunday. Of course rain on Saturday could put the cat amongst the pigeons, but we have that with wet Qualifying sessions anyway. Also there’s limited reward for the Saturday racers who finish out of the points. Many of the smaller teams will have flogged their cars for an extra 62 miles at race pace for nothing: they’ll just end up where they would have done under normal Saturday qualifying, but maybe even crash out or break down the day before the proper race. I can see some of the smaller teams not really trying too hard on Saturdays.

Another great drive from LH and a good race, one the commentators is still pretty  annoying - almost watched qualifying with the sound off.

• Like 1

LH gets his 100th pole, just a sliver ahead of max, how many more can he get...

• Thanks 1

17 before he retires end 2022.

The small print.

Wow, did not expect Hamilton to win that after losing the lead on the opening lap. Driver+car+strategy=win.  Just wow.

Hamilton seems very "quiet" these days whilst driving compared to Verstappen.  Great drive by Verstappen but Mercedes really pulled it out of the bag with the strategy. However, very mature interview from Max with Jenson after the race and even a smile!  He's maturing and will surely be WDC soon.

• Like 2

The small print.

Seemed very passive response from RBR to the final Hamilton pit stop. Verstappen could have come straight in and battled for the win.

Also Bottas a limp lettuce as ever. He could have come in for a shot at fastest lap at the end without losing a position, but was happy with his regulation 3rd place.

Where have all the people gone who say it’s all about the car?. Bottas is a good driver but not a champion. If it was not for Hamilton, Max would have be on a easy road to the championship already. Let’s celebrate we are watching something that is never going repeated in our life time and probably never. I do appreciate you can not compare different eras, but come on if Lewis is not the best British sportspersons ever who is ?

• Like 2

Bottas was lucky his holding Hamilton up was not an issue. Can't see him in a Merc next year to be honest.

I know he was on better tyres but that's two races Hamilton has overtaken Verstappen like he was a grandma in an Allegro. Masterful strategy from Mercedes and I believe Hamiltons best ever F1 season start.

Not sure he is the best ever British sportsman, but the best ever British F1 driver for sure. If he was Danish he'd probably be the best in the world, ever! 😂

• Like 1

The small print.

13 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Can't see him in a Merc next year to be honest.

Unless LH wants to have him instead of a younger driver eg Russell.

But a great drive from LH to win, so it looks as if he will get to 100 wins sometime this year.

• Like 1

I am not an F1 mega fan or followed it intensely over the years but what I do recognise a supreme skilled individual 

Lewis Hamilton is that and yes I know plenty say he driving the best machine with massive financial support.

however he still got win the races and I don’t see other drivers or teams simply rolling over every race? 

I think when LH finally hangs up his helmet he will be finally be recognised as the best F1 driver and a top guy in life , maybe ranked in top 5 sports person with the likes of Woods Ali et all ? Just my humble opinion 

A side note on F1...

Since I discovered Netflix's F1 series Drive to survive, I see no point to watch live F1 races. There is so much more behind the scenes happening than racing itself. Although, I don't like some drivers (ex. Hamilton) and teams after watching it :) And it exposes how "non-racing" F1 organisation actually is. Where a lot of money is involved, you get the political bullshit with it. A typical US corporation.