Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 31 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

• 5 weeks later...

Would be pretty cool to see and at least it goes through the city streets more or less... not like that abomination that they will be having in Miami.

Somehow racing around a football stadium parking lot like a weekend 'gymkhana' just doesn't appeal to me. When I heard them talk about a race in Miami, I kind of pictured a course zipping by South Beach not the"Food Court" at a football stadium parking lot...  Very disappointing. Especially when you think of how great it would be to race at Watkins Glen again.  Classic Formula 1 course with a great history.

'89 Esprit, '77 Elite 503, '72 MGB, '95 XJ12, '10 Mini Cooper, '67 Imperial, '78 New Yorker, '76 Town & Country '73 Cessna 150

Hamilton is disqualified and starts at the back for the sprint race. Could be worth watching especially if he is angry about the disqualification

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Great effort from Lewis last to 5th. So starts 10th for the proper race, still hope Bottas does what is required tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Seems a harsh penalty on Hamilton when you read the stewards’ report.

They have accepted that the design met the regulations and hence that there was no intent by Mercedes to breach the rules. They also stated that the gap was only wider than the regulations on one edge of the gap in the wing and that they accept that it was a DRS part malfunction.

Also confirmed that Red Bull did make the complaint to the stewards and Verstappen gets fined the change in his back pocket for knowingly breaching regulations and examining a rivals car. 
If constant whinging by that baby Horner and spoilt brat Verstappen is the only way they can beat Hamilton and Mercedes that whatever title they win is meaningless to everyone else!

• Like 2

I respectfully disagree. I have  never been a fan of red bull, Horner and Verstappen but I am just fed up with the perpetual BS of Mercedes, Wolff and Hamilton despite their admirable talent.

Vettel got disqualified for a malfunction of his engine management so he didn’t have enough fuel for the control. Also Wolff claims it was only in breach by 0.2mm but that it was visibly malfunctioning. Come on, if it was 0.2mm would all people see it with the naked eye?

They always talk so much, making up stuffs to say how they are the minnows, how they have ni chance to win, the tires are shot etc but they just don’t walk the walk. Rules are rules and if they applied to themselves the standards they keep asking on others, they would just shut up and race.

Car was not conform, how can they expect any other decision??? This was not an accident but most likely a mistake in the assembly.

The only reason Hamilton is still in the run for the title is because he threw Verstapppen in the wall at silverstone. Even if it was an accident, they should not forget that.

Edited by PAR

@PARyou can of course respectfully disagree, just as I can respectfully disagree with you 😛

If you’re fed up with the Mercedes BS then you must also be fed up with the RB BS. Horner in particular, in his obvious desperation to beat Mercedes, has managed to whinge this season more than the rest of the team principals put together.

You did also miss the point about Verstappen being fined the change in his back pocket for knowingly breaching regulations and examining a rivals car.

Yes rules are rules, but the level of punishment to a driver for a car’s technical infringement resulting from a malfunction v a driver knowingly breaching the rules by closely examining a rivals car seem quite dis-proportionate. The big question is should a driver be penalised for what was accepted by the stewards to be an unwitting technical infringement of the rules or should the team be fined or deducted points. Maybe the rules need to change.

So we both “respectfully” (god I hate that word!) disagree but let’s also not forget Verstappen’s long history of throwing opponents in to the wall when commenting on the one time it happens to him.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

What he achieved this weekend was a true masterclass in driving ability

Commentators were almost saying it was not worth him turning up,  but all those places made up in both races and to finish 10 secs ahead of Max. Shame Bottas could not do a better job.

Hamilton’s ability is not in question but this weekend wasn’t just down to his talent, his car was the fastest through the speed trap by some way at 339kmh to Max’s 317kmh, Red Bull had no chance other than hoping his tyres would cook in the dirty air. Neither did anyone else. It was pretty obvious in the sprint race that he had the pace to win the main race. What he deserves great credit for is not getting tangled up with anyone on his way to P1, plus the pass on Max was very smart and well thought through. Whatever his car has wasn’t given to Bottas who was one of the slowest through the speed trap. I don’t know how Merc have bent the rules but it’s something to do with the rear wing and it might just deliver Lewis a record 8th title but I’d prefer to see Max win this year, it would be better for the sport to have a new champion on the grid next year and see another team win for a change. I think a record which may never be broken should be harder to come by.

The C4 highlights program also covered the visit of 3 kids to Mercedes, that happened a couple of weeks ago. 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autosport/1512895/Lewis-Hamilton-surprises-schoolkids-in-Mercedes-factory-sends-inspiring-message

Lewis always tries to thank the crowd and go a bit further in the PR stakes than other drivers.

• Like 1

@jimichangaHamilton's was fastest because he had a new engine... which is why he had the five place grid penalty.

Verstappen fingers Hamilton's rear wing then Red Bull complain to the stewards about the wing. The Mercedes rear wing mechanism is broken and 0.2mm out of spec. Hamilton gets disqualified. Is this coincidental?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

Verstappen fingers Hamilton's rear wing

If the stewards believed that Max actually caused the damage, would have thought they would have DSQ'd him from the race and an even larger fine.