Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 32 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

Hamster was sooo much faster, where on earth did that come from? Maybe Mercedes forgot to fix his rear wing.

Anyway, I'm pleased to see the championship is still up for grabs, hopefully it's gonna go down to the wire.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

@C8RKH Your comment re Vettel mirrors exactly what I was saying to MrsCP whilst watching Top Gear yesterday.
Vettel is now much more relaxed and has turned into Mr Personality which is exactly what F1 needs these days, drivers who are capable but also who are relaxed and personable.

Remember the “old days” when we had Herbert, Brundel, Irvine, Button, Hunt etc and how some used to let their hair down after the British GP and play in the band with Eddie Jordan, Hill etc

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Remember the “old days” when we had Herbert, Brundel, Irvine, Button, Hunt etc and how some used to let their hair down after the British GP and play in the band with Eddie Jordan, Hill etc

Oh yes. I got to go to the F1 ball a few years ago and Jordan was there in the band. Great times and great night!  You are right though, we need drivers to be "fun" and engaging

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I have to agree with @C8RKH, Max drives to protect his position, not defend it. Both Max and Lewis enter the corner with Lewis in the lead thus by the regs, the corner is Lewis's and not Max's. Max now has to find a way to negotiate the corner, not control it. Instead, he decides to brake later and make it look like he cannot make the corner. Very smart on his part but it shows you the type of driver he is. I believe Max will win the WDC, too, because it seems that Lady Luck is on his side. What everyone seems to forget is that Lewis loss 1st or 2nd at Azerbaijan which would have either put Lewis in the lead or tied.

Later,
Eldon

• Like 2

20 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Yes rules are rules, but the level of punishment to a driver for a car’s technical infringement resulting from a malfunction v a driver knowingly breaching the rules by closely examining a rivals car seem quite dis-proportionate.

That is just mis-informed, one is a regulation breach and an automatic disqualification the other is a sporting regulation violation and could have been nothing, a fine, potentially community service, in a much more far fetched scenario super licence points and a grid penalty (3 spots is an option). This is already the biggest penalty ever inflicted for such an odd event. It happened many times without penalties. 

At the end of the day, it had no impact on the championship result as they finished 1-2 as they would have with no penalty.

5 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

McLaren claiming BS.

OMG Autocar got it wrong, never been known before  🤣

Cheers,

John W

• Gold FFM

I agree somewhat with Paul though.

It's factual that tech regulations are generally cut and dry and result in race affecting penalties, however, if a driver were to walk over and actively fiddle with a competitors car par that then fails scrutineering, they should be disqualified not given a fine/grid penalty.

I'm not saying that's what happened here, I don't think Max did more that touch the wing but I think it's incorrect to see a sporting regulation as less important than technical directives.

An analogy would be, a 100m sprint is run, the second place runner goes over in front of cameras, takes the winners shoes, shoves springs into the soles and then points the officials to the offending shoes.

Should the officials disqualify the winner immediately and fine the second place guy some of his pocket money for fiddling with said shoes OR question what state the shoes were in before they were fiddled with and investigate the second place guy before banning him from competition for cheating (which is exactly what the IOC would do).

Again, that's not what happened in Brazil but I'm trying to demonstrate that sportsmanship should be the core in sport. I think the seed of doubt planted by Max's investigation, at least needed to be acknowledged and counted publicly as that's exactly what the rule is there for.

• Like 1

From what I recall seeing on the telly last night he seemed to be using enough force to test the flexibility, which is a bit of a risky thing to do on someone else's car when you don't know how it is constructed. When you hear it crack you turn around and walk away whilst whistling innocently. :getmecoat:

When Hamilton was showing the three children his car and he was explaining how strong the front wing was and said the boy could stand on it, the boy did....CRACK.... "No, not that bit" 😄

• Like 1

Ot was a clear examination of the gap in the rear wing, a little more than just a 2 second touch. Brundle clearly didn’t want to get into the damage later in the video & tries to brush it aside

The complaint was made by RB after this

Stewards have said that any future further breaches of a similar nature by drivers may incur a stiffer penalty. I know others disagree but IMO Max definitely got off light.

• Like 1

There is no doubting Hamilton's race craft is second to none but as the saying goes "opinions are like ar###les , we all have one

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong