Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 38 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

A 2.9g sudden deceleration. I'm sorry but that penalty for that offence which could have taken Lewis out totally is an appalling injustice.

I do think that Massi's position is becoming untenable. He's been awful.

OMG agree with @C8RKH again. The chats between him and the teams is really strange, if he is in charge then he should say what is going to happen, not need to get agreement from RB. Ii seems that they FIA/F1 circus have been too soft on Max this season, perhaps they really want RB to win.

Not surprised Toto threw down his headphones etc, think i if it had been me, gone over to the RB pit wall and wacked Horner.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Verstappen is undoubtably a talented driver, but his comments in this piece do give a good insight of his views into his style of racing.

Sorry Max, if you believe all of that then you are better suited to Stock Car racing. F1 is too fast and dangerous for kamikaze drivers!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59542219

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frickin_idiot said:

I agree that the 10 second penalty has effectively not rendered Max with any kind of punishment.

And the problem I have with that is that it serves as no incentive for him to change, or stop his "optimistic" moves. So many of his "spectacular" moves totally rely upon the co-operation (?) of the driver he is over taking. They co-operate by getting out of the way as they know otherwise their race will be over.  Some may say spectacular, I just find it frustrating that one driver seems to be allowed to drive in this manner.

That brake check on Hamilton could have been really nasty if he had not reacted as quickly as he did and he could have gone under Max's car.  The intent for me was there in how Max positioned his car in the centre of the track, normally, when a driver is giving back a position the move is clear. 

It's like the picture below. Look how Max has made no effort to go for the Apex here on this tight left then right hander, look at his front wheels, he is basically cutting the right corner and cutting right across Lewis.  I don't find this type of driving "exciting", I just get frustrated with Max continually over stepping the mark (and track limits) and getting away with it and being lauded for his "style".  It's not dodgems or touring cars, I want to see a hard, fierce, but fair fight of the best drivers in the world. The fact that Lewis has beaten him on over takes to me proves he is the better driver as he has to deal with the recklessness and unpredictability of a driver who really is so arrogant he just doesn't give a shit re the consequences.  I'd have much more respect for Max if he wins "clean".

image.png.14785330c036b52b7d4d2c6c8c3ed6e8.png

Anyways, it is what it is.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It's in Max's interest that neither of them finish the final race. Just sayin'! 

From his performance yesterday and in agreement with Paul's post, it does appear he's willing to crash to ensure his win, a very dirty driver who won't be remembered well for these tactics.

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

2 minutes ago, Bibs said:

who won't be remembered

who? Forgotten him already.... until next week.

1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

It's like the picture below. Look how Max has made no effort to go for the Apex here on this tight left then right hander, look at his front wheels, he is basically cutting the right corner and cutting right across Lewis.  I don't find this type of driving "exciting", I just get frustrated with Max continually over stepping the mark (and track limits) and getting away with it and being lauded for his "style".  It's not dodgems or touring cars, I want to see a hard, fierce, but fair fight of the best drivers in the world.

Max had lost control of his vehicle at this point, and was catching the rear - he was desperate basically and just wasn't going to yield, when he should have.  This earned him a five second penalty I think??

In my opinion, Max needs to stop driving like he's in the late eighties basically; but presumably that's the approach he's gotten from his father.

7 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

he chats between him and the teams is really strange, if he is in charge then he should say what is going to happen, not need to get agreement from RB. Ii seems that they FIA/F1 circus have been too soft on Max this season, perhaps they really want RB to win

I think the negotiation we heard is because he doesn't have the absolute authority to impose the sanction - that's the racing stewards job.  However he can get involved prior to them in order to facilitate resolution of incidents.  Here, under the red flags, I think he was trying to give RB an opportunity to take a lesser penalty.

The Stewards would have issued a minimum of 5 second penalty, which would be enforced for the restart - and this would put him firmly at the back of the grid, given that they were all within a few hundred metres of each other at this point in the race.

So actually, I think he's potentially interfered here as race director to and keep the race and championship alive as it were; that's why RB very quickly accepted it.  They knew if would get referred to the Stewards if they did not.

• Like 2

I also find this comment from ‘Baby Spice’ confirms the RB approach of winning at any cost. 

FIA, get the rules defined properly before this deranged driver kills someone!

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said he felt the penalty was "harsh", adding: "Is he [Verstappen] solely to blame if two drivers run off track?"

14 minutes ago, Bibs said:

very dirty driver who won't be remembered well for these tactics.

Which is why Michael Schumacher never makes my 'Top 10' drivers of all time. Likewise, Senna, though Ayrton probably still makes the cut but below gents like Moss, Fangio, Clark, Hamilton. 

How you win does matter. I'd take Jack Nicklaus over Tiger Woods....Palmer, Watson, Player too.

Justin

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said he felt the penalty was "harsh", adding: "Is he [Verstappen] solely to blame if two drivers run off track?"

Just goes to show the win at all costs mentality. Should be banned to the stands like they can do with football managers

2 minutes ago, jep said:

Which is why Michael Schumacher never makes my 'Top 10' drivers of all

Agree.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TdM said:

If Max is weaving like that, Lewis has no idea which way to go or what Max is going to do, I believe this is deliberate by Max to slow Lewis down and get him as off line as possible. Max intended to get Lewis to go past slowly and off line and then stand on the throttle, get DRS dive back past him and then use DRS to pull away. The dab of the brake and then throttle was part of that plan, it was a stupid a reckless way of driving. This is exactly the sort of thing the stewards are supposed to pick up on and deal with so that it doesn't happen again as it's dangerous. They didn't do so, they gave a lenient penalty.

100% agree

I don't know why the Stewards were not stepping in - but instead letting the race directory chat with the teams.  At the very least, with the availability of telemetry from Maxs car, frankly, I'd be disqualifying him from the race.

If I were Lewis in that position, I'd also have been considering unsighted debris / accident up ahead as well.

• Like 2

Seems a lot of the "comments" sections in the press are all, in the main, giving Max a hard time for his driving.  He's always had the "popular" vote but maybe, possibly, the tide is turning. I think if he "wins" through crashing I think he'll be in a difficult position next year and doubt any driver will yield much to him as he tries to defend his WDC crown.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yup, but I think @PaulCP addressed that point earlier.

The small print.

31 minutes ago, TdM said:

He still got official driver of the day though!

Also got the most boos at the end.

Surely those who do not support either Max or Lewis can see the issue with Max's poor driving

Looking through the HYS comments on the BBC website https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59542219

Most seem to agree with the above points about Max. But it is an English web page for an English driver.

Had a look at the RBR facebook page for a few minutes, and there seems to be more people blaming Lewis for everything....

I am not a huge F1 fan but watch the races over the years 

I wonder in this world of conspiracy has the outcomes of the last few races been gearing up to have this final race as a winner takes all ?

it’s seemingly all the strange rules and penalties being applied looks like it engineering this final big tv audience grabbing event ? 

• Like 2