Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 68 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

Did not expect GR Merc on pole..... and RB Max 10th with a power issue. Should make it an interesting race with Max overtaking those ahead of him.... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

Aren't the cars in parc ferme?

Found this..    May be parc ferme is as ferme as it used to be. Merc have changed things in parc ferme before. 

Red Bull may have to replace an engine part. And even if the whole engine has to be replaced, it will be without penalty for Verstappen. He's not at the limit yet and even with a new spec it wouldn't be a penalty, those parc fermé rules have been changed recently.

It looks like Mercedes breached the parc ferme rules before the Hungarian Grand Prix. The FIA issued a warning to Silver Arrows in their recent statement. However, the F1 governing body revealed that the German team would not be handed a penalty during the weekend. Mercedes breached the parc ferme rules ahead of the Hungarian GP FP1 as some of their car operations personnel were seen lurking around in the restricted area of the circuit hours before the start of the weekend. Thus, the Silver Arrows have now exhausted three of their eight parc ferme exemptions. However, they will not be handed a penalty due to the allowance provided by the F1 governing body per season. 

Will Verstappens anger and venting help him, or hinder him today?

Some people seem to able to channel it to delve deeper and perform better, others seem to use it to fry their brains.

Either way I am salivating at the prospect of todays race as the cards have been well and truly shuffled and I don't expect overtaking to be easy.

I need to get some more popcorn.....

Oh, and c'mon the Lionesses! Bring it home ladies.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Does anyone else believe that for whatever reason Ferrari have decided that LeClerc will NOT win this years WDC?  I'd an idjeet and either i think could develop a better strategy than Ferrari. Totally bonkers.

Great consistent drive from Max who has kept his head and cool. Gotta give him credit when he deserves it lol.

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

And the Merc's doing better pushes the red cars further back, making things look worse for the points position.

• Like 1

Great race. But oh, Ferrari...

• Like 1

The small print.

Great drive from Lewis and max let’s see if Chillidoggy can give Lewis some praise? 

May be someone (or 2) in the Ferrari team are planning to join RB next year, and want to discuss their salary during the summer break.

RB must be glad (on the quiet) that the Mercs have improved.

Soon be time to say roll on to next year championship.

Did watch some of the Formula E racing yesterday - would never bother to cross the road to see it.(probably)

Wasn't that long ago Lewis was written off by many, even a few on here, but Russell now knows he's got his hands full. I'm sure Russell will continue to beat Hamilton in qualifying, just like Bottas used to do. But let's see how this championship pans out for the two of them.

The small print.

Lewis's car on his second run in Q3 - the DRS was not working, so he should have been further up the grid.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Great consistent drive from Max who has kept his head and cool. Gotta give him credit when he deserves it lol.

Don’t forget he was one of only a couple of the drivers to spin his car without any external influence. The fact that he won by such a distance is amazing really.

I think I saw that RBR had blamed the spin on Brexit 😜

It was no big drama as it was a simple 360 and away so hardly any time lost.

The winning margin of 8 secs was hardly dominant though when a Mercedes was 2nd with such an "awful" car 😂

The small print.

5 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Don’t forget he was one of only a couple of the drivers to spin his car without any external influence. The fact that he won by such a distance is amazing really.

Verstappen had clutch problems 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Stunning drive by Max, despite his cock-up spin. Never thought he’d have clawed it back from 10th.

What the hell is going on at Ferrari? Binotto must be waiting for that horse’s head to appear in his bed, surely he can’t keep his job after yet another strategy fiasco.

Hamster and George both drove great races after being dead in the water, finally showing great pace. George’s battle with Leclerc was a joy to watch, and Hamster looked more like the Lewis of old.

Overall, Max’s dominant performance and Ferrari’s faux-pas have pretty much sealed the championship, not something I was expecting, and takes a lot of the excitement away for the remainder of the season. Hey-ho.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

Has the Silverstone based team really made any forward progress since Stroll Sr waved his chequebook at it? As Force India, it steadily improved from 10th to 4th in the Constructors’ Championship. As Stroll’s Aston Martin it finished 7th last season and is currently 9th. Stroll Jr’s best Drivers’ Championship finish was 11th in 2020. He finished 13th in 2021, whereas now he’s languishing in 18th position. Vettel’s results are not much better. You can understand why he’s packing away his driving gloves.