Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gordon Murray T.50 supercar - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Gordon Murray T.50 supercar

An unvarnished video of the T50's first drive at Dunsfold - by Murray. No fancy frills or presentation, just Murray and the team doing their stuff.

https://www.evo.co.uk/news/22743/gma-t50-commences-body-on-testing-xp2-is-go?_mout=1&utm_campaign=evo_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The similarity to the McLaren F1 at the front is striking. However, it does need a Lotus 4xx exhaust!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 09/08/2020 at 18:26, scotty435 said:

As we step into the new world and had the opportunity to see the Evija in the flesh i am sure a Lotus and Geely as timed this epic car introduction spot on and what looks like good order books and a firm delivery date, unlike most of its rivals including the T.50. Believe me function can go hand in hand with beauty, the Evija delivery’s this in bucket loads.

298A590B-023A-4F23-83EE-2440F2A7823C.jpeg

Yep the Evija is a stunning car.  If I had the cash. I would buy both.  If I was in a position to choose just one (evija or T50) It would be a tough call.  Sadly neither are an option.   I'll keep looking at the Evora and dream about the 131.

• Like 1

All the Best

Greg

• 1 month later...

Yes, speaking relatively myself! Anyway once into £1m territory, like La Ferrari etc. and with a very limited production run doled out only to a favoured few, I'm not sure the word "price" really applies. More investments, appreciating from day one.

I don't think fuel restrictions will hurt them either. If necessary the owners club will bore a well in one's back garden and another will sort out a miniature refinery in a remote part of their ranch.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Reveal of all-new GMA T.33 imminent | PistonHeads UK

T.33 formally announced (Project 2). Not much info on Pistonheads but it should be 1075KG, 2 seat, mid-engine, 3.9litre V12 normally aspirated, 11,100rpm, manual or paddle, 600bhp, luggage forward aft and sides, carbon body. Probably an air-ram of sorts. Price north £1M, south £2M.

Justin

T.50 is 12,100 which is the most for any road car. It will rev to that max in 0.35 seconds (test bed, I assume not as frantic installed with inertia).

GMA are unique. Hopefully they succeed. Weight to power is their moto, they ain't chasing the bhp race.

Justin 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

This is a jewel of a car.  The engine spec sound amazing.  11,000rpm got to be an experience in it self.  

Are there any road cars that do more? 

Chrysler turbine car. Idles at 20,000rpm and redlines at 60,000rpm.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I thought the ride look a little firm / bumpy at times but otherwise, this looks like an incredible car to drive and have fun in.  I'm not for the looks at the rear at all; I think its awful infact but overall as a car project its a great achievement and that engine is something else entirely 🙂

Seems more and more like GM is re-imagining the F1. I guess when you get it right the first time.. just add Batmobile rear end. 🦇

Dario is a likeable ambassador. He's got some respectable cars in his collection, so him getting a chuckle from driving the T.50 probably says something.

• Like 1