Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Selecting Gear - New Lotus-centric Car Auctions - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Selecting Gear - New Lotus-centric Car Auctions

Bibs

Presumably a bit less risky with the backing/support of Hofmanns rather than the other internet auction sites now proliferating. Can you check and test drive the cars prior to bidding? I always think that the engine would fall out of any car I bought at a regular auction, before I’d even got it home!

7 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

let the public decide the price

so long as it's above the starting price which is going to be the least that is expected for a sale. Not really a true auction sale.

It's getting there......

Hoping to get the GTD40, I'm the highest bidder at the moment.  Went to see it yesterday, Chris B kindly opened the storage unit.  Unfortunately my chin touches the roof when the door is open, but I'm hoping to get it modified by dropping the floor pan, replacing the drivers seat with a shell seat and a fitting a Gurney bubble.

There are some amazing cars for auction, definitely worth keeping an eye on Selectinggear.com

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2020 at 15:13, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Presumably a bit less risky with the backing/support of Hofmanns rather than the other internet auction sites now proliferating. Can you check and test drive the cars prior to bidding? I always think that the engine would fall out of any car I bought at a regular auction, before I’d even got it home!

You’ve hit the nail right on the head there! The idea is to leverage the web based auction to offer a better, more transparent experience for the buyer which in turn helps the seller achieve a stronger price.

Plans are afoot to run a lotus specific auction in the coming weeks so I would love to hear from anyone looking to sell.

cheers, 

Chris

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Randy said:

You’ve hit the nail right on the head there! The idea is to leverage the web based auction to offer a better, more transparent experience for the buyer which in turn helps the seller achieve a stronger price.

Plans are afoot to run a lotus specific auction in the coming weeks so I would love to hear from anyone looking to sell.

cheers, 

Chris

I think this is a great idea Randy and it would certainly prompt me to buy knowing Hoffmans were behind this. However, is it still normal auction rules in that you are just the agent and the cars are effectively sold as seen?  Thanks

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Are there more detailed description of each car in auction? The Evora airbag appears to have 'popped' and I would hope this would be mentioned.

Or is it buyer beware?

Justin 

19 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I think this is a great idea Randy and it would certainly prompt me to buy knowing Hoffmans were behind this. However, is it still normal auction rules in that you are just the agent and the cars are effectively sold as seen?  Thanks

When it comes to auctions, the auction house is only an introductory party and the sale is between the owner and the buyer.  Typically, the cars will be sold as seen, but there is nothing stopping us putting a more conventional retail package around cars that we are selling from stock and this is something I want to look closer at once we have a few auctions under our belt.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jep said:

Are there more detailed description of each car in auction? The Evora airbag appears to have 'popped' and I would hope this would be mentioned.

Or is it buyer beware?

Justin 

Hi Justin.  The airbag hasn't popped... the fitment of the passenger airbag lid isn't great, its a TADTS thing on Evora!  The covers don't fit very well from new and then as the leather ages and shrink its tends to lift the corners up.  As they go... this one is pretty good!

Is this not the same car that is on AutoTrader at £51,500 with Hoffmans? First picture from AutoTrader picture file, flat airbag, second picture from the auction pictures:

be05b9b098a34b15ac72323adb194b09.jpg

SN65BHX_LOTUS_EVORA_400-30-of-31-1920x1280.jpg

Justin

I love those Lotus red interiors!  Combine it with Essex or Motorsport Green exterior paint and I'm mush!

The airbag covers hate being left in the sun for days...

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Indeed they do which is why I always put a windscreen cover on mine if I’m parking up in the sun for any length of time. Keeps the interior a bit cooler too. 

• Like 1

Don't have that problem living in Scotland.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The small print.

I take the insulation out as then there is no need to chill the Buckfast! The faster you go, the colder it gets. You can then just drink it straight from the bottle.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

My wife made a fitted dash cover for mine. Seems to do the trick perfectly. It covers the whole leather dash including the centre stitch.

Seems to work perfectly, just take it off when you go out for a drive (it folds into a nice little package) and you don't notice it's there walking past unless you make an effort to stare in the windows... Maybe we can sell some to Hoffman's for their forecourt stock ;)

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Had a mooch around the Evora today at Hoffmans. The cover is definitely lifting. It's not too bad I don't think it's popped it's clips but it's definitely got that curl started. It's got lots of finger prints on it at the moment so looks like someone has been investigating what they can do about it.

• Thanks 1

Auction for Evora ended Saturday night. No price listed but says reserve was met. It was at 40k just before the close. 

I was mildly interested but could not follow to the close. I was a bit put off by the shy description and the ignoring of the airbag issue which was not as it left the factory. 

Justin