Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brie - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Brie

Barrykearley

9 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Thet's the key difference between us Ian, as when in France I try to annoy the shit out of them by drinking anything but French!  Pourquoi.

Yes, but finding something other than French wine on their shelves is more difficult than a finding a virgin round here.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
8 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Yes, but finding something other than French wine on their shelves is more difficult than a finding a virgin round here.

Where have you been looking?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Once, on our way to Ian & Shan's, we'd forgotten to bring a bottle of wine, so stopped at an establishment in Margate to pick one up.  I walked in and asked what wines they had.  She said "red and white."  Yes, she really did.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I like French wines and other wines. Not a huge fan of Australian red wines, find them too heavy.

Chilean, Romanian, Italian all good for me.

Not all Aussie reds are “heavy”, the problem is that most imports are from mass producers, Hardy’s, Oxford Landing, Cassella (Yellow tail) etc. so they are blended to suit certain tastes. Australia is home to some of the best wines (I’m biased), and especially have some fabulous Pinot’s, if a lighter wine is your thing. Buy on line is my recommendation. 

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

11 minutes ago, DDubya said:

Not all Aussie reds are “heavy”, the problem is that most imports are from mass producers, Hardy’s, Oxford Landing, Cassella (Yellow tail) etc. so they are blended to suit certain tastes. Australia is home to some of the best wines (I’m biased), and especially have some fabulous Pinot’s, if a lighter wine is your thing. Buy on line is my recommendation. 

Couldn’t agree more.

Margate Exotics.

Brie is not cheese. Let's talk about St-Nectaire 😜 or Salers. With some St Emilion? 

OK. I have to admit that a lot of French "cépage" and others have been brought to South America and it does wonder over there 😍

Never tried an English wine yet. That's definitely a box to check. 

You already have the best cars and horse breeds. Let us some pride! 😄

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM
21 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

St. Emilion - yum!

Oh, yes.  Next time...

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

22 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Pah - you Scots ain’t in any position to criticise leaders....

Funny, my wife has received four xmas cards this week from friends / relatives in England, with little "life updates" and each one of them had said words to the effect of "oh, if only we had Nicola as she seems to be doing a wonderful job".  I do wonder what gets "reported on" from Scotland down there in Little England. It beggars belief that anyone would think she is doing a great job with:

* Protests re lockdowns and their length

*Lies, damn lies, and miss direction and stuff re who knew what re Salmond

* elderly people discharged from hospital with COVID to care homes

* educational system in tatters

* Police, Ambulance and Fire service all over the place

* Scotrail! nothing else needed to be said really

* attainment gap widening significantly

* wealth differentials growing between most and least well off

* biggest drugs death problem in Europe by population density

* one of the biggest issues re teenage pregnancy in Europe

* highest income tax rate in the UK

Yup. She is sure doing a great job with her party that has been in power for 13 years, doesn't use all of its devolved powers, and blames everything including stubbing their toes on the bed on Westminster.  Super. Let's have some more of that please....

• Love 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 14/12/2020 at 19:15, DDubya said:

Our fave wines are Rioja, ,Malbec and Shiraz so we like a robust wine, they are all full bodied, but thats just our preference cause we are old. But I am not talking cheap crap like Yellow tail or Hardy's. A good bottle of Rioja should cost in excess of £13 (with a few exceptions), Australian we like a nice Barossa Reserve normally around £12. One of my Favourites is Jip Jip Rocks which is on offer in Waitrose at present for £9. A Malbec should be Argentinian ideally and a good £15 for a decent one. 

However as mentioned there are some exceptions to the rule. I really like 19 Crimes Aussie Shiraz which is on offer in tesco's for £7.99. 

That being said we are members of "The Wine Society" and they do a half decent Rioja for £7.50 if all you want to do is guzzle while watching a movie and some really good ones for less than the Supermarkets much of the time. 

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

2 minutes ago, Bibs said:

:huh:

It should without doubt be from the South West of France. Don't make me fire up the Vulcan! 

Absolutely not, Vile French stuff. Like I said, stopped buying French years ago.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Watford is scrambling fighter cover.

Watford defence league limbering up

image.jpeg.7c4e395b6734968f052d70a1628b3e3a.jpeg

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Norfolks AA is ready and preparing

The Invisible Agent: How Ebola Teaches Us to Defend Against the Smallest  Deadly Weapons

Even the French Brexit Negotiators are in on it!
Illustrated Quotes from Monty Python and the Holy Grail | henryherz.com

• Like 1