Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 206 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

We’ll I’ve avoided it for two and a half years, but flew home from a business trip to LA, thought it was jet lag on Sunday, but put 2 & 2 together when a close business associate said she was feeling pretty crap during the flight. Tested and drew the Positive straw. Feeling pretty shit! Worse than Man Flu!

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Same as you @DDubyai avoided it until 2 weeks ago. 
I was advised I was eligible for an anti-viral infusion so had that the day after testing positive and after 48hours I felt 100%, then managed to test negative 6 days later. Only downside is that I had to cancel my next booster & rearrange for 21st Oct.

If you could get any of the anti-viral drugs out there I would recommend it

And to lessen risk of getting very ill, get a flu vaccination, free for over-65s now, free for over-50s from 15th October (UK). Available at most pharmacy and surgeries, some doctor surgeries are already offering free to over-50s.

Justin 

• Gold FFM
On 22/07/2022 at 23:11, gregs24 said:

Delta has largely vanished.

The original vaccine still provides good protection against serious disease when boosted within 6 months or so. After that it provides some help but not via antibodies. 

Omicron BA4/BA5 seems to be poorly immunogenic giving short lived immunity post infection of as little as 3 months. 

Immunity from vaccine plus natural exposure is best, with vaccine alone less good and natural infection very variable from individual to individual. 

Some individuals seem more susceptible to COVID, maybe because of genetics or intercurrent conditions. Some people keep getting it clinically, some never seem to get clinical disease.

Interestingly my wife who reacted badly to the AZ vaccine also had severe symptoms with delta in October and was fairly ill recently with Omicron

I know of a possible case of alopecia post vaccination with the Astrazeneca vaccine in a mother and daughter, highly suggesting a genetic reason for the very rare side effect!

Thanks @gregs24 :thumbup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

9 hours ago, jep said:

And to lessen risk of getting very ill, get a flu vaccination, free for over-65s now, free for over-50s from 15th October (UK). Available at most pharmacy and surgeries, some doctor surgeries are already offering free to over-50s.

Justin 

I was due to have flu jab this Friday, but will have to wait until COVID -ve

• Like 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone interested in visiting the Eletre factory... - ongoing China CV19 policy 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-63410341

Dozens of cities across China, including Wuhan where the coronavirus was first recorded, have gone into lockdown - as the country pursues leader Xi Jinping's zero-Covid policy.

Let's all hope the lockdown formula doesn't spread to the UK again this winter 🤔

I think Joe Public had enough of that over the last couple of years and it would be very difficult to get everyone onside again 🤔

• Like 1

I'm having my 2nd hip replacement tomorrow so rang my gp to book having clips removed in 2 weeks , thought I'll get flu jab and covid jab at same time as I've just had nhs reminder , told I can get flu jab but got to go to a walk in center for my covid jab, bloody stupid when I'm already at my gp surgery :rant:

On 28/10/2022 at 10:40, Barrykearley said:

Alice returned from a weeks diving in Greece last night. Both of us tested positive for Covid…..

Get well soon mate. I am just getting over it for the 3rd time and a month after testing negative still struggling to breathe and chocking constantly.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Thanks @Kimbers tested negative Tuesday. Still very much full of chest crap - but defo feeling better. Managed the gym and got the heart rate up again - Thursday I couldn’t get the heart rate up at all and was physically sick - strange old thing this covid 

• Like 1

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...

See Covid is still 'encouraging' sales of cruise ship holidays.

Cruise ship with 800 Covid cases docks in Sydney

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-63605824

• 1 month later...

Bloody thing is still going around. I tested positive Thursday, Wendy and Aaron yesterday and Joe feels Rough.

Even now, anyone who says it is just a cold is an idiot. For 2 days I couldn't move. Joints aching, Temp, Headache like my head is exploding, the shakes. Urgh!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

A guy from where I work has just come back after his fifth bout. Not sure how he was, symptom wise.

I must admit that I am not sure why the virus seems to be able to circumvent the vaccine with what appears to be apparent ease? Even those of us that are multi-vaccinated.

Maybe @gregs24 can shed some light? It is a bit above my pay grade.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Is it not just like the flu in that you can get the flu jab, and then the chances of you getting a really really bad does of flu are reduced, but you could still get a dose?  Same with Covid?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Good synopsis gregs24 👍

I was the first person to report anosmia in southern Scotland back in March 2020. The NHS didn't take me seriously and said that loss of taste and smell weren't symptoms of Covid. I'd had no taste or smell for 10 weeks by then !!

They also weren't the slightest bit interested where I'd picked up Covid (it was in Spain in Dec 2019 or at an NHS hospital), despite latterly spending £££millions on track and trace.

Too little, too late 🤔

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Is it not just like the flu in that you can get the flu jab, and then the chances of you getting a really really bad does of flu are reduced, but you could still get a dose?  Same with Covid?

It is exactly like the flu jab.

The only issue is the potential non fatal sequelae of COVID are more varied and unpleasant especially in the unvaccinated. COVID can do a LOT of damage in some people even in ways that do not seem obvious.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gregs24 said:

The vaccine has never been sterilising. As in unlike some vaccines which effectively prevent you ever getting the disease or passing it on. There are many reasons for this but a major factor is that the virus mutates all the time so isn't the same as the original strain. The vaccine does however provide good protection against serious illness and death. 

There are also different stages to the protection, initially antibody based but these wane and cellular immunity takes over. This is slower to respond to a challenge but does work.

We will all get COVID multiple times over and over but it will be no more significant than a cold in most people now they have good immunity. Getting COVID keeps topping this up. 

Lockdowns and the like were needed to slow the transmission before we had good vaccines. Once we had the vaccines we then move to controlled spread, which is what we have now. If you go to a busy indoor place now you will encounter COVID pretty much every time, but the challenge will keep stimulating your immune system to keep you topped up!

I'm sure I have had COVID multiple times, almost all of them mild to non existent symptom wise and rarely testing positive. Some people definitely have more severe symptoms every time they get it (as in a bad cold type thing) but this may reflect their general immune state.

Don't underestimate the value of a good mixed diet, Vitamin C and Vitamin D on the immune system

Thanks mate, that's my 4th time where I have been ill enough to get tested. 

Can I ask, would I still get a Booster? I was booked in just before christmas or is it best to wait till new year? And considering I go into hospital for an Operation to skim skin off my....... erm..... you know.

12 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Thanks mate, that's my 4th time where I have been ill enough to get tested. 

Can I ask, would I still get a Booster? I was booked in just before christmas or is it best to wait till new year? And considering I go into hospital for an Operation to skim skin off my....... erm..... you know.

You are not supposed to get a booster until at least 8 weeks after a case of COVID. You will have good immunity from the recent case for that period.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gregs24 said:

sequelae

I had to look that one up! 

I'm sure I read last week that people are suffering from stiff livers post covid! How do you even notice that and how is it diagnosed? Does someone poke your liver and watches how bouncy it is? 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

We used to get stiff liver for school lunch. No amount of onion gravy softened it up. Maybe the cows had covid back then?

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!