Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 5 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Nature always finds a balance.

BTW any tips for getting the MIL out of the house and into the garden?  Is she chained?  Asking for a friend.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

6 hours ago, Sparky said:

First death in Watford General Hospital, just a mile away.  I need more toilet roll.

Since I saw you last Sunday do I need to isolate myself for the next two weeks

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

@C8RKH You make me believe in a life before death. I thought I alone drank wine from a tumbler 🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, andydclements said:

That's strange, eslewhere I read somebody asking how can she get rid of s Son In law who does nothing other than sit about drinking or playing with cars.

If I go, she's fooked. I do her shopping, cooking and cleaning!!!

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

54 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

@C8RKH You make me believe in a life before death. I thought I alone drank wine from a tumbler 🤣🤣🤣

Tumbler. Mug. Whatever is in the hotel room. Or if I've had a really shitty day I just neck it from the bottle! I'm not proud...

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, pete said:

Since I saw you last Sunday do I need to isolate myself for the next two weeks

Feeling a bit rough this morning, but that could be the gin.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Incidentally, as airline staff (well, retired) we have access to various industry discounts. Cruises are always a good deal (not that we're interested), but right now they're ridiculously cheap!  How about a 15-night Hawaii for £606?  Or 16 nights transatlantic for £314?  Or a long weekend - 3 nights Miami-Bahamas for 18 quid.  And you might even get an extra 2 weeks (or more) free...

• Like 1

:rofl:

shamelessly nicked from elsewhere

4228DCFB-A05D-42A0-AD1F-4393540BE2D5.jpeg

• Haha 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

NO!!  Think of the swirl marks. 

• Haha 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

We will still be at the Surrey Art Fair, Sandown Race course this weekend. We are there from Friday setting up for champagne opening Friday evening and all day Saturday and Sunday.

Would love it if anyone wants to stick 2 fingers up at the hype and come and see us. Anyone coming if you call me when you get there I will come out with some free tickets!

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and text

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I was due to fly out with BA from Heathrow to India on Saturday for a week. It’s a business trip I do once a year and I really enjoy it. I booked the international flights in November and all of the meetings, domestic flights and hotels since.

Today the Government of India decided to suspend issued travel visas for anyone from Italy, Spain, France and Germany until further notice. No problem for me I think. Not so: they are also suspending the visas of anyone who has visited any of these countries since the start of a February. Bummer! I was in Germany for one day only (flew in and out same day), but that’s enough to mean I have to cancel the whole trip.

BA will let me reschedule for latest 1 August at no extra cost, so that’s what I’ve done. Otherwise I will only get 50% back as a refund. The ticket was £2500: Business out, First back, which I was looking forward to! I just hope BA are still around by then and the visa restrictions have been lifted. The rest of the afternoon has been spent trying to cancel everything else with a certain degree of success refund-wise.

You can’t really blame the Indians. As of this morning they had 62 confirmed cases for a population of 1.1 billion, compared to 10,000 cases in Italy with its population of 60 million. Bearing that in mind I actually thought I’d be safer in India than the UK, but of course the air travel would have been a risk (not that I’d care much after a certain amount of complimentary hospitality!). Also there’s always the concern about getting ill abroad or problems with the flight back.

edit. A guy I was talking to today reckoned that Coronavirus cannot survive long in hot climates. Not sure if that’s true, but it would help explain the low casualty count in India, Thailand, Sri Lanka etc.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight
  • Like 1

Well I was due to fly to Sweden on Sunday - but one of the things I was going out for will now be done via Video Conference  and the Clients wants to restrict trips as much as possible - so I've just cancelled.

A colleague was flying out by BA - and his return trip was cancelled a few hours ago in any event.

So all this is going to cause a major economic issue. 

2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

edit. A guy I was talking to today reckoned that Coronavirus cannot survive long in hot climates. Not sure if that’s true, but it would help explain the low casualty count in India, Thailand, Sri Lanka etc.

That's the cornerstone of the UK government approach, delay the spread until the weather warms up and they hope it will then stop spreading, much as 'flu does. One problem is that "plan", Italy is noticeably warmer than the UK, so our average April temperature probably is no warmer than Italy in February, so I cannot see it being a great plan, but being in a tropical country would be much better if the theory about temperature is valid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andydclements said:

That's the cornerstone of the UK government approach, delay the spread until the weather warms up and they hope it will then stop spreading, much as 'flu does. One problem is that "plan", Italy is noticeably warmer than the UK, so our average April temperature probably is no warmer than Italy in February, so I cannot see it being a great plan, but being in a tropical country would be much better if the theory about temperature is valid.

Don't think the north of Italy ,where the virus is mainly concentrated, is any warmer than the UK

hindsight: the science that is never wrong