Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 68 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Has anyone had any requests from the responder service the NHS set up. I've offered to make phone calls to the vulnerable but not heard a dicky bird yet? 

Screenshot_20200502-121840_Responder.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

You won’t believe this when I had our weekly zoom with @Sparky and @JNW3 yesterday that you missed as you was talking to your real mates I was saying I hadn’t heard a thing in nearly 700 hours then went to show them and I had missed a message and as I hadn’t  responded they had given it to someone else so now have taken phone off of silent 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bibs said:

Has anyone had any requests from the responder service the NHS set up. I've offered to make phone calls to the vulnerable but not heard a dicky bird yet? 

Screenshot_20200502-121840_Responder.jpg

Yes Bibs

i have had just the one alert about week ago ,  I contacted the person and they wanted some shopping and apparently another responder did it ? 
I am not convinced it’s working properly cynical part of me suggests it’s a government distraction ploy ? but for what purpose I am waiting for my next call 

• Gold FFM
28 minutes ago, Alfa2Evora said:

@Sparky  Asda do Angry Orchard? Handy to know next time Tesco run out, 👍 .

Fortunately we live miles apart, otherwise I'd have to hypnotise you to forget everything i said.  My local store refuses to increase its reorder quantity, which is a measly 12.  £2 each, 4 for £6, lovely.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Doubt that'll happen any time soon.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

35 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

With all the jobs being slashed in the airline industry globally, do we really still need a third runway at Heathrow? Is there any money left to fund it?

Yes. Then we can socially distance the planes and all get back flying again. Failing that, we could turn it into a race track.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Won't be many scheduled airlines left at LGW!

• Sad 1

Anyone else think that a petition should be started to strip BA of the Nations Flag Carrier status given their appalling treatment of, and behaviour to staff. Feels like Willie Walsh's last swansong will be to base BA in Gibraltar and then hand them both to the Spaniards!  After all, IAG seem happy to protect spanish jobs with Govt. support but not UK jobs with Govt. support.

Time to give them a taste of their own medicine and vote with your bums by putting them on other airlines seats maybe?

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

TV channels are getting desperate, I was scanning through the channels and on evening time on BBC4 they have "The joy of painting", that 70s show, Bob Ross with that hair. Not knocking the show but I thought it was normally shown as re-runs at something like 03:00 not 19:00 during the week.

They recognize the Corona stress relief of watching him paint nice little happy trees  😉

God bless

On my third bottle of wine. What was that about stress relief? What's stress.......  Covidmarvelous.... OK, need to logoff now as tyhat took me 6 minutes to tipe....

• Haha 1

The small print.

2 hours ago, andydclements said:

TV channels are getting desperate, I was scanning through the channels and on evening time on BBC4 they have "The joy of painting", that 70s show, Bob Ross with that hair. Not knocking the show but I thought it was normally shown as re-runs at something like 03:00 not 19:00 during the week.

Watched the news yesterday and its going to get worse as they only have few new shows in the can. Lots more repeats, so you wont notice any difference on the Beeb.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Hard to disagree with Keir Starmer at last some one to hold this government accountable 

Yeah right. Let;'s remind ourselves how quickly he changed his mind lol....

"Starmer’s immediate priority will be to respond to Boris Johnson’s call for all party leaders to work together to tackle the coronavirus crisis.

Speaking after the result, Starmer said he would work constructively with the government and that his victory had come “at a moment like none other in our lifetime” as normal life had been brought to a halt."

• Like 1

The small print.

I sincerely believe that he wants to help the government in what ever capacity he can in these dreadful times. But surely it’s the job of the opposition to call out the shortcomings in the government. The highest death rate in Europe surely means there are questions to be asked?

This is not a political football. Easy to be wise after the event. It's not over yet.

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

2 hours ago, pete said:

This is not a political football. 

Your obviously not following the news then. ;)

Of course it is - Sturgeon is stirring the pot as usual in an effort to divert attention from her governments woeful performance on everything. Starmer is stirring the pot to score cheap easy goals. So business as usual for all Politicians surely?

It would be nice to think that they would put teams and allegiances to the side to focus on the good of the nation and her citizens but of course, that's a step too far for all of our politicians who only ever think of themselves first, second and third regardless of their branding.

The small print.