Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 70 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

@C8RKH I too struggle with all of the media negativity and opposing politicians’ reactions to the speech.

In recent weeks I have come to the conclusion that, whilst calling for the Govt to treat the British public like adults, the media etc can only assume the British public are only capable of acting on firm instructions and are not capable of interpreting guidelines. It may just be me but how this media reaction translates into treating the public like adults is beyond my powers of comprehension.

Piers Morgan this morning, “so it’s ok to meet strangers in the park but not members of your own family”. What a fcukwit first class tosser that guy really is.

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I thin Raab's comment has highlighted the area of concern. It all relies on people having and using common sense. "Stay alert" means it's more complex for people because it's at heart a message of stay home with a bit of  you can go out for these reasons.... as long as you then stay alert to  your situation.

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, andydclements said:

Raab's comment has highlighted the area of concern. It all relies on people having and using common sense.

And finally Darwinism will solve the problem 👍

Only here once

10 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

Maybe. But when out running on country roads I have been passed much closer than 2m drivers with their Windows wound down not considering that they may feel isolated but there's no isolation when the window is open.

for a fraction of a second

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

appears to be the left wing press are confused and the right wing press seem to understand it.  Too many of the people who dont seem to understand that stay alert requires common sense are arch Johnson haters and can`t bring themselves to agree with anything he says

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Piers Morgan this morning, “so it’s ok to meet strangers in the park but not members of your own family”. What a fcukwit first class tosser that guy really is.

doesnt he understand that what was said applies to family as well

The new guidelines are expected to say that two people from different households would be able to meet in outdoor settings like parks as long as they stay more than two metres apart.

43 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

And finally Darwinism will solve the problem 👍

The problem is that, those who do understand it and try to limit near-contact (being in the same area as somebody else) are still forced at times to be in the vicinity of the potential award winners, e.g. I need to visit the pharmacy for medication, apparently I cannot legally push people away with a spear mounted on a pole so as to maintain the 2m distancing.

• Like 1

No-one clicks on news that says 'yeah, good work govt' though do they. 

A lot of the issues over the whole thing are down to the press. Shame on them for using a global pandemic (which officially according to dictionary definition it isn't) to increase traffic aka ad revenue. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

as usual, press are are only reporting criticisms of Boris’s plan, not those who understand it, and certainly not those who can talk about risk management instead of risk elimination 

the only way to be completely safe - as demanded by unions without any regard to economic and other costs - is to have indefinite lockdown 

The first ministers of Scotland and Wales are taking maximum advantage of their time in the limelight .. arguing about slogans. Are their populations so easily confused and/or so stupid that they cannot process a new slogan after listening to a slogan for a few weeks??

Edited by SFO

Most significant message for most of us here, as of Wednesday “people in England will be free to drive as far as they like

🤩

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SFO said:

the only way to be completely safe - as demanded by unions without any regard to economic and other costs - is to have indefinite lockdown 

The Unions will change their views once their members start to lose their jobs.
It will then be “the govt didn’t put sufficient steps in place to protect jobs”

3 hours ago, march said:

Simples!

No photo description available.

You've got two outcomes coming out of one of your 'No' boxes 🤣 - which one do I follow?!  Thankfully, I've got the common sense to understand the diagram anyway!

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

No-one clicks on news that says 'yeah, good work govt' though do they. 

A lot of the issues over the whole thing are down to the press. Shame on them for using a global pandemic (which officially according to dictionary definition it isn't) to increase traffic aka ad revenue. 

Yes, unfortunately the media are now well and truly in the zone of 'making the news' not 'reporting it'.

44 minutes ago, Techyd said:

You've got two outcomes coming out of one of your 'No' boxes 🤣 - which one do I follow?!  Thankfully, I've got the common sense to understand the diagram anyway!

Oh yes! - Perhaps the second option is for the Scots

Image may contain: meme, possible text that says 'BUT BORIS SAID WE COULD.... DON'T LISTEN TO THAT FANNY, WE'RE IN SCOTLAND! ngflip.cop'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM

As far as I can tell, Boris said "don't be a twat".  More than 99% can manage that; the remainder will ferk it up for the rest of us.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

The media and opposition are getting worse, no one said it was compulsory to go back work, no one said children would definitely go back on the 1st June , teachers seem to be finding as many excuses as possible not to go back. It is not going to be 100%safe for a long time as the union's want and why do the left think that employers are automatically going to take advantage of this situation

• Like 1

My first thought was a day trip to South Wales. Will have to put that back on the back burner.

I have stuck to the guidelines throughout lockdown, I haven't been out on the bike or Lotus at all. But most nights I can hear bikes and cars charging up the hill near where I live. Definitely makes it harder for those of us trying to do the right thing.