Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 116 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

MIL's release has been delayed at least 24 hours.  Gutted.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Tracy had prepared a glorious beef dish to celebrate her return.  Shame to waste it, so I will be gorging myself.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

MJK has his Innoc tomorrow. But My mom who is on Cancer drugs and has underlying health conditions doesn't have a date yet. It's all a bit wrong really and relies on their respective surgerys to pick up on their details!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

My mum (88 yr old but no specific underlying health problem) has her first one scheduled 23rd, her friend of similar age and so forth has it much sooner. I think the reason for difference is that the different GP practices are using different locations (not the normal GP surgery in either case) for inoculations, and so have differing capacity limitations of how many staff can be giving jabs simultaneously.

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, andydclements said:

I think the reason for difference is that the different GP practices are using different locations (not the normal GP surgery in either case) for inoculations, and so have differing capacity limitations of how many staff can be giving jabs simultaneously.

May not be entirely true ..  not all GPs are vaccinating ....

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/dec/11/gp-practices-england-opt-out-covid-vaccine-rollout 

• Gold FFM
8 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Fancy a shilling on the side?

• Gold FFM

I'm willing to wager a bottle of English Harbour that I'll get the jab first.

• Gold FFM
59 minutes ago, thebartman said:

May not be entirely true ..  not all GPs are vaccinating ....

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/dec/11/gp-practices-england-opt-out-covid-vaccine-rollout 

My eldest who’s in her first year at med school - has an interview shortly for vaccination dishing out. There’s a whole program of getting this jab out their as quickly as possible.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Bucks will move into Tier 3 midnight Saturday.

From the Council's leader ... "At the end of November the case rate was 117 per 100,000 people in Buckinghamshire. This figure has now risen to 228 cases per 100,000 people. The percentage of people testing positive has also risen from 5.1% to 7.2%. "

So we have 4 weeks lockdown, and exactly 2 weeks later, the infection rate has almost doubled, whilst the test results show an increase of 2.1%

Can someone explain the maths to me? and also explain how the lockdown managed to be so "successful" ?

Thanks ....

Some of that could simply be that the incubation period can be up to 14 days, so infections during the first two weeks of the lockdown may have been caused by contact before it,  but a cynical person would say it's because people aren't being sensible (aren't peeing their distance, aren't wearing masks, aren't isolating if they have symptoms etc) since people have tired of it.

I think that's pretty much what was expected, lower adherence as time passes, and lower adherence whenever there's something people want to really do (holiday in the sun, see family, go shopping etc).

• Gold FFM
15 minutes ago, thebartman said:

Bucks will move into Tier 3 midnight Saturday.

From the Council's leader ... "At the end of November the case rate was 117 per 100,000 people in Buckinghamshire. This figure has now risen to 228 cases per 100,000 people. The percentage of people testing positive has also risen from 5.1% to 7.2%. "

So we have 4 weeks lockdown, and exactly 2 weeks later, the infection rate has almost doubled, whilst the test results show an increase of 2.1%

Can someone explain the maths to me? and also explain how the lockdown managed to be so "successful" ?

Thanks ....

Follow the science.......

seems more like the science of control of the individuals Liberty 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

So

October - rate was 170 per 100,000 (pre-lockdown)

Nov - rate was 123 per 100,000 (During lockdown - so down 30% ish)

Dec - rate is now 228 per 100,000 (after only two weeks up nearly 100%)how could so many more people been infected if incubation is 14 days? That's got to be some huge "R" number

• Gold FFM

The only R rate that’s important is the “Reporting” rate - anyone whom believes anything the government is saying currently is being conned

• Haha 1

Only here once