Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 120 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

Glad they have shut it all. We can now blame Covid rather than brexit. 

The media are saying we won’t have any vegetables- which is strange since most seasonal xmas dinners do consist mainly of seasonal British vegetables.

6CBB25C6-1A01-4608-9582-7E9915DFA4D9.thumb.png.98f5c427b87a3faaf9fa2b9dd040a537.png

Only here once

Might have to increase it from 19p a bag!!

Would be nice for the farmers to actually get paid for it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

2 hours ago, jep said:

Flu vaccine: if you are over 50, you should get a flu jab (lowered from 64 in CV-19 era). My GP surgery did not contact me. I booked on-line with Boots Chemist, just had it done and it is free. I have not previously had a flu jab annually.

NHS advise is that if you are over 50 and get CV-19 and flu, you will be seriously ill.

Justin

Thanks for the tip. My GP surgery hasn’t contacted me either, so I just booked an appointment online at my local Boots 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TdM said:

Thing is, if the BBC and the rest of them just carried on as usual there would be no panic buying. But they have to roll out the panic buying food shortage line to generate some more headlines and drama.

They have to follow the line taken but the Mail, the Express, The Telegraph and the FT

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I heard a concerning thing over here in Australia that the government wants a vaccine that they are going to use here out as soon as possible, but an agreement has been made with the supplying company that if there are any side effects that can be contributed to the vaccine that cause a real issue for any of the vaccinated, that the company will NOT be held liable.

Son is a nurse and he has said that he will not be queuing up eagerly to get a vaccination yet.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I think that sort of disclaimer agreement has been insisted upon by all of the vaccine manufacturers with all governments due to the speed of approval.
In effect, the govt takes all responsibility for any and all claims.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

In effect, the govt takes all responsibility for any and all claims.

That’s good then - worked a treat for thalidomide and haemophiliacs 

Only here once

I should point out that the Grey lines are made up as there is no info for that period yet and that 400 deaths a day is still 146,000 a year, many of which could be avoided with a total lockdown, not this namby pamby shit we keep getting. Lock everyone down and put out a Curfew past 20:00 like Spain, Italy etc. That way Police will know anyone out after then is either up to no good or breaking the rules.

Then Immunise everyone who is at risk before you lift the Lockdown.

You know what? I have been suffering "Long Covid" effects for 6 months now, since I had it. Running to keep fit lasts about 3 minutes as it exhausts me, I have constant headaches and muscle pains and the heart palpatations and Panic attacks where I can't breathe are horrible. And no, I have never suffered with any of this before.

My doctor is trying everything but to be fair I don't think there is anything he can do.

So, please, don't doubt this is horrific and that things are bad. The speed its mutating could even mutate it past immunisation levels and then this all starts again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

The immunisation works by getting our immune system to recognise the spike proteins which allow the virus to enter our cells. If it mutates past that by a new variant having a different spike protein, hopefully it won't be able to infect us as it won't have the correct mechanism. 

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/post-covid-syndrome-long-covid/

Have a read of that and speak to your GP, help is available. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

40 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

I should point out that the Grey lines are made up as there is no info for that period yet and that 400 deaths a day is still 146,000 a year,

excess deaths are nowhere near 146,000

2 hours ago, SFO said:

excess deaths are nowhere near 146,000

But would be if it continued for a year was my point.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Had the lockdowns not been in place then very much as @Kimbers has said, we'd have had many more cases each and every day since March/April, to the extent where some people would have simply never survived the infection and others  would have only survived if there was suitable medical care available fast enough.

• Like 1

@Kimbers I do occasionally go out for a night time walk, streets are empty so no chance of getting infected, night sky is interesting. 10 o'clock curfew would prevent this unnecessarily.

No filching, honest. During the first lockdown I did get a squad car circle round to see if I was up to anything.

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story 

Mark Twain - how ironic.

Actually - looks very Eintsein-ish ...   

more irony?

Oh, and let's get everyone leaving pubs/club/restaurants at 10pm, so they can all infect, I mean, Travel home togehter before Auntie Covid attacks .....

Wasn't this a main line for relaxing Opening Hours back in the day - to prevent such situations?

So had a couple of hours spare this lunchtime, a rare thing this year, and thought I'd help the wife who was going to go out for the xmas food shopping. Seemed like the decent thing to do. Off we popped, got everything we needed. No dramas. No hassles etc.

Then this afternoon and tonight the headlines are all about the panic buying, stripped shop shelves etc etc. Yup. Yet again it seems that southern Neanderthal man and woman have been out foraging and a scratching, clearing the lands of anything and everything etc.  WTF people!  What is it with this mentality. Christ on a bike. People think us up North are the animals and simple.  Jeeeezzzz..... Thank fook I am a northern animal and simple with it if that is what "civilisation" is supposed to be.

Also I see the French have not only cocked up over the border closing with the UK, but they have incensed the whole of the EU re the vaccine blunders.  So all those who constantly whinge at BoJo, do thank the lord himself we are not blessed with that complete and utter grand master muppet, Macron!

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

"So had a couple of hours spare this lunchtime, a rare thing this year, and thought I'd help the wife who was going to go out for the xmas food shopping. Seemed like the decent thing to do. Off we popped, got everything we needed. No dramas. No hassles etc."

Did exactly the same thing as you with the same results. The only difference is I am a Southern Neanderthal Man from virus ridden Medway. Supermarket was busy as it is always is this time of year but got everything we wanted without having to fight over a club bearing heathens.

Perhaps the difference is not being suckered into all of the media frenzy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1