Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 126 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Self isolating with a sore chest and a cough. On the positive I got a drive through test within an hour and just have to wait 48 hours.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

2 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

I thought you had it before?

You were the one person I know personally who was pretty ill with it.

Positive or Negative I hope you feel better soon!

buddsy

Yup But I had it right at the beginning almost 12 months ago. Anti-bodies drop off a cliff after around 9 months they think, like the Flu. Hopefully not but I feel rough. May be a chest infection.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

2 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Having read the blurb, I'm considering getting tested for covid. No symptoms, but at least I'll have a reason to leave the house.

in the lotus of course

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

6 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

A prime example of why the police lose respect from the law abiding general public.

3 months ago and over Christmas they did nothing, claiming they didn’t have the resources, now they’ve suddenly found those lost resources so that a few can be deployed at just one location.

Is the truth of the matter that these 2 ladies spoiled the coppers’ secret coffee meeting!

Nah, I reckon they were just interested in scoring the £400 for the nick's next Christmas party.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

On 06/01/2021 at 15:13, Kimbers said:

Engage, Explain, Encourage, Enforce (in that order)

If you engage politely (why wouldn't you?) then normally you will be told what is wrong, encouraged to get people to leave and thanked for your help. If the person refuses to engage and fails what police call the "Attitude Test" i.e. are rude, then they will resort to the only thing they can do and you will be fined and the FPN sent to you. Just because you refuse to speak to an officer doesn't mean he can't charge you with an offense.

Looks like you need to explain the correct approach to Derbyshire Police. They seem to have a different view and not too sure that a couple of OAP's would have been argumentative enough to warrant the big slap. Though, as it was reported by the BBC, I guess it could very well be fake news of course!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

• Love 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

7 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Yup But I had it right at the beginning almost 12 months ago. Anti-bodies drop off a cliff after around 9 months they think, like the Flu. Hopefully not but I feel rough. May be a chest infection.

was your infection 12 months ago confirmed by +ve CV19 test? If not, could it have been flu?

be interesting to see if you test positive 

On 23/09/2020 at 17:09, Kimbers said:

Awesome painting and still one of my Favourites.

Thanks Andy, she already has that, plus a Gallery stocking her work and work on Artfinder. Just for everyone's info Below links to her FB page, Web Page etc. But my point is that we do 4 Art shows in Surrey and Windsor a year. On Average Wendy will sell £4000 of paintings to people who just don't buy online. That's £16,000 a year. With that out of the equation she can't go full time.

BTW she has been Shortlisted for the Sire John Hurt (Yes the actor) international Art Prize. Her painting below and a link. 

https://www.wendykimberleyart.com/

https://www.facebook.com/wendykimberleyart

http://www.holtfestival.org/artprizes/?fbclid=IwAR2GMwB8rOb3X-6TRa1gp9uh1OMPF1x6cCZIwSTx1TvmHZp5DB1cc6LP2ps

119670212_2717959441826179_6842284916334

I see the talented member of the pair of you is in the local media again, well done Wendy.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norfolk-nurse-painting-nhs-heroes-during-covid-6893422

• Like 2

Ha! you beat me to it! I was about to share that myself lol. Yes. She works so hard as a nurse and then spends all of her spare time and an awful lot of her own money painting NHS heroes to help raise morale. She's amazing.

And here's the original article from November

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norfolk-nurse-painting-nhs-heroes-during-covid-6893422

• Like 2

Has there been any research published in to the "up to 70% more transmissible" CV19 strain?

I don't understand what "more transmissible" means. Is it that the virus travels quicker? Goes further? Lasts longer on surfaces? More dense? Prefers cold weather?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SFO said:

Under what circumstances?

If a large number of people were to assemble, and given all of the precautions they all took etc, and for the previous variant, it resulted 10 people of the group becoming, infected. With the new strain, if it was the exact same circumstances, precautions etc, then with the new strain would result in 17 people becoming infected.

• Like 2

On 08/01/2021 at 15:17, MarkieT said:

Please be aware that going for a walk with a coffee in your hand it is considered having a picnic and therefore illegal and you can be fined!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

but according to the Oxford English Dictionary a picnic is a meal, so is a Coffee a meal? I know a Scotch Egg is!!

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

1 minute ago, red vtec said:

know a Scotch Egg is!!

some would say it is more of a starter, unless it has salad as well.

Just now, exeterjeep said:

some would say it is more of a starter, unless it has salad as well.

This is is getting so confusing, So can I go for a walk with a can of Coke, or a Ribena?

Just now, Neal H said:

Some very nice professional looking shots of them walking through the woods with their coffee’s. Do you think they always take a professional photographer along when going for a walk?

No but when your going to fight it in court the press will help. 

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

1 minute ago, red vtec said:

This is is getting so confusing, So can I go for a walk with a can of Coke, or a Ribena?

I see that part of our police force are re-considering the 2 ladies' penalties. 

3 minutes ago, red vtec said:

Some very nice professional looking shots of them walking through the woods with their coffee’s. Do you think they always take a professional photographer along when going for a walk?

May be the police are better photographers than what they normally do.

• Like 2

Yes a spectacular example of Derbyshire Police shooting themselves in the foot. Whilst I accept their intentions were good, they right royally totally made a fist of the execution there.  I am a huge supporter of the Police but they really do every now and then make it hard for themselves.  The main issue here is all the thousands of good decisions, good deeds, etc are written off and destroyed by what was a really over zealous act.  

I don't think driving 5 miles for exercise by the rules is breaking the "stay local" spirit. Much more than that and yes, you're taking the piss and deserve to be walloped. You could say it is a fine blue line that needs to be walked.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Pretty sure the last lockdown didn't permit driving to exercise. I just open my front door to go walkies, why couldn't they have done that? Oh, wait, they couldn't have made themselves their tea, could they. Funnily enough, despite being a bloke, I manage to make tea with no problems.

Margate Exotics.