Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 127 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

This story doesn’t make sense to me. One of the women was on the telly saying that they saw the police vans and officers when they arrived at the car park. They initially thought there had been an accident or something. So how come we see photos in the media of them walking along “socially distanced” with their cups of tea?

Presumably they never even got to that stage, because the police had already told them to clear off.

Whatever the circumstances in Derbyshire, we still have a definite ongoing situation with our neighbours.

As already stated, there should be 2 young men living there. Following on from the 3 day NYE party debacle, it is clear that they are still having visitors.

Yesterday a twenty-something girl turned up with an overnight bag when I was getting out of my car. I couldn’t bite my tongue any longer, so asked her if she lived there. “No” she replied, l’m just visiting”. “You’re not allowed to do that anymore. It’s against the Law”. I said. “Oh it’s OK, I stayed here over New Year,” came the reply.” Whereupon the door opened and in she went.

A minute later one of the lads came over. He tried to explain that the girl lived on her own, so was having mental health issues. He even asked if I would rather someone committed suicide than visited his house. He’s obviously been told that suicide rates are up so is using that as his defence. I asked about her own family, but didn’t get a coherent reply to that.

He then stated that the other girl had moved in permanently and was working from home. He also confirmed that they have a 5th regular visitor: this guy is a plumber and spends all day going in and out of other people’s homes across the area (!). Can you believe the risk these people are taking with their own and other people’s health? He finished off by informing that they know we have reported them to the landlord and that they are expecting a visit early next week. Knowing the landlord as I do, this will be very much a lip service response. The monthly rental income from the tenants is far more important to him than the well-being of the wider community.

So there we have it. The Genie is out of the bottle, so there will now be a bad atmosphere across our cul-de-sac. Seemingly the Law does not apply to any of these people. Go for a country walk 5 miles away with a friend and make national headlines. Do all of the above and get away Scot free.

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

Pretty sure the last lockdown didn't permit driving to exercise. I just open my front door to go walkies, why couldn't they have done that? Oh, wait, they couldn't have made themselves their tea, could they. Funnily enough, despite being a bloke, I manage to make tea with no problems.

Unfortunately one size doesn’t fit all.

I could open my door and go walkies but by doing so would be risking life and limb. We live in a rural location but the road outside is a busy (still🤔) B road which is frequented by HGVs (which ignore the speed limit) and is the only road connecting the market town 6 miles away with the dual carriageway 5 miles in the opposite direction. The road is only just wide enough for 2 HGVs to pass in opposite directions and has no pavements.

So, what should I do? Do I stay in the house and vegetate, risk life and limb walking on the road with HGVs speeding past within a few feet or drive to the local market town 6 miles away and use the open spaces there?

3 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

He tried to explain that the girl lived on her own, so was having mental health issues. He even asked if I would rather someone committed suicide than visited his house. He’s obviously been told that suicide rates are up so is using that as his defence. I asked about her own family, but didn’t get a coherent reply to that.

Obviously doesn’t affect the others and clearly the house is populated by Covidiots, but this particular bit probably has a slightly different context to me.

If she legitimately lives alone then she is Indeed allowed a bubble. In reference to the last point about her own family, my son is in this position and (whilst I get it, my wife is annoyed at him because) he has chosen his girlfriends family as his bubble not us. This allows her to stay over with him and vice versa so works better for his priorities.  This (little bit of the picture) could be legitimate if she has done likewise.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Maybe, but I think she may have been same the girl who arrived as a passenger with another lad in a silver Mercedes on NYE. In which case she already has at least two bubbles. I can’t help think that the whole situation is a sham and we are just being fobbed off. I think they all just do whatever they want to. I don’t think any of them give a toss about the rules. As long as their entitled Millennial lifestyle isn’t affected, that’s all they care about. God help the country when that generation takes up the reins.

I agree, wasn’t playing down the overall position, just the particular rationale.

Not sure that it’s just that age group though, I’m  seeing plenty in the 30-50 age group as well and as for university students :cry:.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I jsut read on DR.dk (official news in Denmark), that 80.000 people have died related with covid-19 during the last 28days.

I looked it up on BBC News, here:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55594107

Is that true? Should that be believed? 80.000 people in 28 days in the UK alone?

Could someone please confirm or shoot that info down, please?

God help us all, if that is true.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

Trouble is - they are testing everyone in hospitals - and care homes. Folks die in both places - of covid or not.

there is no doubt covid is killing people - there’s also no doubt the numbers are being misrepresented.

one things for sure - we are all due to die of something some time.

Only here once

80k of people who have had a positive test within 28 days of passing. Included people run over, fallen off the roof etc. 

This is an interesting read regarding the reporting of numbers.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-way-covid-deaths-are-being-counted-is-a-national-scandal

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Trouble is - they are testing everyone in hospitals - and care homes. Folks die in both places - of covid or not.

there is no doubt covid is killing people - there’s also no doubt the numbers are being misrepresented.

one things for sure - we are all due to die of something some time.

Yes for sure we all die, but we all hope it’s not before our time, like you have said many times you have followed the rules all we ask is for is everyone to do the same. The main obstacle in achieving this is all the conspiracy theories and Covid deniers sorry but these people are putting out a message that’s it’s ok to not follow the rules and put peoples life’s at risk. This is what is happening as we speak, let’s stop down playing and pretending it’s not for real please.

Thanks for bringing that up. THe article gives a more thorough view on how it's counted. Certainly not very scientific, I'd say.

Anyway, stay safe!

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

My theory would be that those pictures of them walking were staged for the media, possibly somewhere else, after the event. They may even have been paid for their story. It looks like they are on a wide grass verge in one of them with the road to the right in the photo.

@Chillidoggy your wife needs to be commended for getting you to the stage where you can make a cup of tea. Her patience and perseverance must be saintly. 👍 They might of course live in different parts of the town so meeting within 5 miles at a remote location could have been considered as a sensible approach. Not trying to defend them just pointing out we don't know for sure. Do think a little more common sense from them and Derbyshire Police might have been in order. If I was approached by several Police Officers demanding to know why I was there pretty sure I'd feel intimidated too. Just a general cock up blown out of all proportion.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Couldnt agree more @C8RKH all the while the Government, media and police are very slowly eroding our liberties and turning people against each other. 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

So - consider this one. I utterly get that driving lessons cancelled. But why should you not be able to go out with one of your own kids. 

https://www.gov.uk/driving-lessons-learning-to-drive/practising-with-family-or-friends?fbclid=IwAR05kU3GHayHPHH2TT0X0b7t1NmHHbGvH03ZS9FMaRRaau4J7Tj8bQI-P6k

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Not even allowed to drive to the supermarket on an essential trip.

won’t be long and we will be seeing police issuing fines to parents and toddlers in parks learning to ride a bike.

But still - the mosques and churches are exempt. 😳

Only here once

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

@Chillidoggy your wife needs to be commended for getting you to the stage where you can make a cup of tea. Her patience and perseverance must be saintly. 👍

There's no way I'd let her attempt to make tea, she'd probably even burn the water. I put the tea bags on a shelf where she can't reach them to make sure.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

On the subject of essential journeys, can anyone explain to me how   garden centres are classified as essential at the moment.

I get that they may have loosely been essential back in April/May, helping people cope by being outside doing some gardening, but in Jan/Feb?

Ah well, that’ll be the next excuse then, “I’m just on my way to the garden centre officer to buy some essential compost and that oh so essential plant”