Coronavirus - Page 156 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM
16 hours ago, SFO said:

Ironic that descendants of convicts in Australia now locked up in Australia 😂

Not unhappily though. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I would say having 910 COVID deaths to date is far from a sad state of affairs. That’s what you call a great nation looking after its citizens.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Well we are allowed to travel wherever we wish inside Australia at the moment. We are still allowing Australians that are stuck internationally back in. They have to quarantine, but that's the rules.

We don't have to wear masks in anywhere but hospitals now.

Cafes, bars, restaurants are all open again and numbers aren't restricted.

I don't know the last day that someone passed away attributed to Covid-19. I am not sure about the locally transmitted cases  number, but it is not high anywhere in Australia.

Ok. We can't travel internationally at the moment. Why would we want to? There are not many other countries that I want to go to that I trust have things under control.

There is a prediction that the population of Geelong will reach ~203,000 by the end of June 2021. India has two Geelong's worth of new Covid-19 cases every day at the moment.

So what is sad about what we are doing?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

They seem to be completely taken over by the left & woke culture

Sounds just like you are describing the UK...

Only here once

1 hour ago, ramjet said:

Well we are allowed to travel wherever we wish inside Australia at the moment. We are still allowing Australians that are stuck internationally back in. They have to quarantine, but that's the rules.

We don't have to wear masks in anywhere but hospitals now.

Cafes, bars, restaurants are all open again and numbers aren't restricted.

I don't know the last day that someone passed away attributed to Covid-19. I am not sure about the locally transmitted cases  number, but it is not high anywhere in Australia.

Ok. We can't travel internationally at the moment. Why would we want to? There are not many other countries that I want to go to that I trust have things under control.

There is a prediction that the population of Geelong will reach ~203,000 by the end of June 2021. India has two Geelong's worth of new Covid-19 cases every day at the moment.

So what is sad about what we are doing?

I think you are spot on there with this post.

We get jealous when our nephew send us photos of what he’s up to and as he says, Oz is a big country so plenty of options of places to visit without going overseas, especially now that you can travel to NZ as well I believe

• Gold FFM

I should have also said that there are many here in Australia who may disagree with some of what occurs, but the people that have broken those rules have either been caught by the virus or by the police.

The news used to be peppered with people who ran roadblocks by driving through the bush or ignored the police and barged through.

Either the media doesn't care about these types of incidents anymore or they are no longer happening.

We have to trust that our government is making the very best decisions they can. We, as a people, cannot really say that they don't know what they are doing. They have access to much more realtime information than what the man-on-the-street does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Oh, and with the new mutations that keep on popping up, expect this to go on for a while yet.

• Gold FFM

I reckon if you look at the statistics @Buddsyyou will find the number is far far higher than that if you look at deaths within a 28 day period of having a vaccine.

Only here once

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

The UK to the 13th May has seen 1,143 deaths from taking a Covid-19 vaccine.

buddsy

@Buddsy  The last sentence of the text you've cited below categorically contradicts the post above.  it states that there isn't a suggestion that the deaths resulted from the vaccine, if above you'd posted "1,143 deaths from suspected ADRs after taking a COVID-19 vaccine" then that would be true but would be out of context. They've then done analysis, which according to the text you cite, has then disproved the very thing you've stated in the above post.

31 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Think so...:shock: but Im sure people will point out many of these are people are old and have underlying illnesses... but when they die from Covid-19 being old or with underlying health issues thats different.

Events with a fatal outcome

The MHRA has received 370 UK reports of suspected ADRs to the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine in which the patient died shortly after vaccination, 756 reports for the COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca, 2 for the COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna and 15 where the brand of vaccine was unspecified. The majority of these reports were in elderly people or people with underlying illness. Usage of the COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca has increased rapidly and as such, so has reporting of fatal events with a temporal association with vaccination however, this does not indicate a link between vaccination and the fatalities reported. Review of individual reports and patterns of reporting does not suggest the vaccine played a role in the death.

https://www.gov.uk coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

buddsy

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

127k died for any reason within 28days of a positive cv19 test. ANY reason. Yet that number is the number the bbc report every single day as covid deaths 

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

As the AZ vaccine is the most readily available over here at the moment, I did a quick calc the other night on the number of deaths from a clot (the one that the world seems to be jumping on) as a percentage of total vaccines given.

I got 0.01% if I remember correctly. (or it might have been 0.001%) I heard somewhere when the clot issue first appeared to raise its head and everyone was on about it, that some scientist said that the normal adverse reaction to a new vaccine was generally about 4~5%. If that is the case, AZ isn't even a statistic really.

The great thing about it here at the moment is that there is not really a public health reason that demands any of us to get a vaccination due to the numbers that we have.

I would expect though that somewhere down the track, it will be mandatory to have been vaccinated to either travel internationally or to arrive in Australia from overseas.

4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

127k died for any reason within 28days of a positive cv19 test. ANY reason. Yet that number is the number the bbc report every single day as covid deaths 

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

• Like 1

Let's not forget that total deaths in the UK for the most recent week was 20% lower than the 5 year average. And total deaths have been lower than the corresponding week of the 5 year average for 8 weeks now.

and yet, the Scientists (there are so many Professors of all sorts on the news these days, most of who are not qualified in disease control) want to lockdown again because the Indian variant ..

Edited by SFO

• Gold FFM

Aren't some of the lockdown reasons that the transmissibility rate is not known? If they don't lock things down, the transmissibility numbers jump up and your medical services becomes at risk of not being able to cope as well as the members being put at a greater risk which then affects the ability to cope. Right there is a vicious circle.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Why don't we know the number of deaths from just Covid? Under 10,000 perhaps, under 1,000 even? 

I’d expect the truth to be fully redacted - maybe in 50 years time the truth will out - I’ll never know though as ill be dead due to long covid.

• Haha 1

Only here once

10 minutes ago, ramjet said:

Aren't some of the lockdown reasons that the transmissibility rate is not known? If they don't lock things down, the transmissibility numbers jump up and your medical services becomes at risk of not being able to cope as well as the members being put at a greater risk which then affects the ability to cope. Right there is a vicious circle.

Yes and no.

All vulnerable groups in the UK have now been vaccinated, and 21 million of those have had 2 doses. Therefore, the threat of medical services being overwhelmed is dramatically reduced, if not eliminated. Those younger than 40 form a tiny percentage of those (1) hospitalised, and (2) who died from CV19. The average age of a CV19 death in the UK is higher than average life expectancy in the UK. 

Edited by SFO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, SFO said:

The average age of a CV19 death in the UK is higher than average life expectancy in the UK. 

There’s a clue hidden in that very true statement 

Only here once

38 minutes ago, SFO said:

(there are so many Professors of all sorts on the news these days, most of who are not qualified in disease control)

For example:

spacer.png

If it was just a case of allowing 'vaccine dodgers' to go to hospital (the current UK situation), there is now a very good argument to allow herd immunity to take effect.   (probably the option I'd choose in the UK at the moment).  

However, to be fair to the 'world scientific community', dont they need to consider that a more deadly, vaccine resistant, variant could evolve if there are enough cases in general circulation?   Then we'd all be in trouble...

For me the main issue with the COVID cases/deaths numbers is that there’s no context. In the last few days COVID deaths ‘for any reason’ in the UK have been in single figures so, assuming perhaps that some of those people actually died of something else, we could be looking at just 2 or 3 a day.

What we don’t see of course is how that compares to other deaths in the UK. More people probably die from being run over but I doubt we’ll be locking down until all the roads are closed...

I realise there are lots of angles to this but I do think we’re getting to the point where we’re being frightened by relatively small numbers now.

Equally I hear on the news of ‘high confidence’ that vaccines are effective against the Indian variant and that most hospitalisations are of people who have refused a vaccine but that’s then followed by an ‘expert’ or minister telling us that our limited freedoms may be removed again soon because it...☹️

Not worth starting anything now...🍺