Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 160 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

But @Buddsy just read on a few lines, you've even shown the text that shows it is illegal. Perhaps you need to consider that "assault" is in effect touching (that's a bit over simplistic but the point being it doesn't have to be particularly violent).

Section 89 of the Police Act 1996 states:[10]

(1) Any person who assaults a constable in the execution of their duty, or a person assisting a constable in the execution of their duty, shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.

Following a series of attacks they finally created a new law, and that is even more specif. https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/assaults-emergency-workers-offences-act-2018

Assault with intent to resist arrest

Assault with intent to resist arrest - s.38 OAPA 1861 - carries a maximum of 2 years’ imprisonment. Prosecution of this offence requires evidence of the defendant’s intention to resist arrest when committing an assault. In applying section 6 of the Code, prosecutors should consider the evidence to determine whether section 38 OAPA 1861 is preferable to the 2018 Act offence where the elements of the section 38 offence are made out.

• Gold FFM
28 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

I still stand by what I said that its not an offence to resist arrest in the UK.

The link you provided link is about obstructing the police.

arrest.jpg

buddsy

That’s really hinting at if you can run faster than said fat pc plod - then jobs a good un.

frankly I’ve got less and less admiration and respect for the boys in blue due to what I perceive as their pandering to certain elements of society and allowing the continued sexual abuse of young girls. Add to that I’m a Liverpool fan - I’ll never forgive the coppers for lying like dogs.

• Like 1

Only here once

4 hours ago, Buddsy said:

What happens in other places such a Australia will happen here

Nonsense. What utter shite. There is nothing to say that is going to happen at all.  Total conjecture on your part.

I don't think anyone would say our police are perfect, but just go and leave these shores and live somewhere else and see what real oppressive policing is. We don't know we are bloody born and how good we really have it. But by Christ we will miss it when it is gone. 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

In the pursuit of balance, could we please see the footage before any of these arrests to see what entailed before the 'convenient' recording of the 'police brutality'?

I'll wait. :coffee:

The SKY News clip also questioned Daniel Andrews' accident. It is either a VERY well kept secret, or the entire time that he has been in hospital with broken vertebrae is real.

The Belt & Roads deal with China was also brought up. A lot of us here in Victoria disagreed with it. The Federal parliament, I believe, has cancelled the deal as it is not in the best interests of Australia.

ps. I promised myself when I first read the comments above that I was going to say nothing.

pps. I live in Victoria and have been able to go about my business as usual. Of the businesses that I frequent, they are all still there. A mate of mine is a sub-contract roof plumber. He is still ok. Oh, ok, you got me. Liz and I can't go and see our son in Melbourne for his birthday as we are more than 50km apart and both of us can only travel 25km each. The hardship.

Yesterday we had one positive transmission case which was someone that had been already identified by contact tracing and we have had no deaths. What am I missing? Oh I know. At the start of our latest lockdown, people went out and panic bought again.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
On 29/05/2021 at 06:05, Buddsy said:

The whole Cummings things is there 100% as a distraction away from the fact they are not going to lift the restrictions blaming some more BS about another made up variant. Thai I think this time since the Indian Gov threatened to take them to court for pinning this nonsense on their country.

buddsy

Is there any evidence of this? Our government regularly mentions which variant they are dealing with and the original points of origin as best as they can tell based on research. Epidemiologists here have ascertained genomic differences between strains.

The new strains are not BS, unless of course every government in the world is in on the 'misrepresentation of the truth'.

I'm just not sure where you are getting all of your information from Buddsy.

ps. Elvis works for the CIA and is still alive. :getmecoat:

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Thanks @ramjet- always easy for people 10,000 miles away to see a clip on the internet and "assume" that we are all doomed.

Like you I will wait to see the "full" videos or for the "full" stories to come out so we get the context. Plenty of examples in the UK of where reporting has been misleading / one sided.

The only theory I believe is that we don't live on a planet in the universe. The world is essentially a long flat field and we are food being nurtured and grown to be harvested when we reach 10bn in number. I just hope I get made into a burger rather than a sausage. The vaccine is just a way of our owners protecting their crop, a bit like farmers injecting antibiotics into their stock, but with the added benefit of the vaccine containing a microchip that communicates over 5G so once the world is inoculated our owners can track us and count us easier when the harvest comes, and also post up in their intergalactic restaurants information about our "provenance" to reassure their customers of our quality.

As bullshit goes, that's a s plausible as anything else spouted on here so far.  Good day all.

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I’ve got a dog microchip reader here - it doesnt work on me nor the missus. Maybe I need a new chip reader🤷‍♂️

Only here once

10 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Ive never mentioned any kind of assault. I was talking about resisting arrest.

By nature of resisting arrest it is assault, if it involves touching the officer. Fleeing to avoid arrest is very different but physically acting so as to resist meets the definition of assault.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I’ve got a dog microchip reader here - it doesnt work on me nor the missus. Maybe I need a new chip reader🤷‍♂️

Or a new chip, since the one contained within the vaccine doesn’t appear to be working🤔

It's why I don't bother putting my hearing aid in anymore.

Added bonus, can't hear the wife!

• Haha 1

The small print.

Infection rates increasing almost all round the country, even here in the SW, rates have gone up more than before. And this may not cover the full G7 impact.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/exeter-now-higher-number-covid-5544553  even Exeter is higher than national average. 

Here are the latest rates of cases of Covid-19 in Devon and Cornwall.

The figures show the number of coronavirus cases per 100,000 people in the seven days up to and including 13 June, with the week before shown in brackets for comparison.

The breakdown of the figures by local authority area is:

• Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly - 82 (up from 9)
  • Plymouth - 34 (up from 21)
  • Exeter - 60 (up from 21)
  • Mid Devon - 22 (up from 15)
  • East Devon - 14 (up from 7)
  • Torbay - 17 (up from 7)
  • Teignbridge - 30 (up from 7)
  • South Hams - 17 (up from 11)
  • West Devon - 27 (up from 11)
  • North Devon - 19 (up from 9)
  • Torridge - 15 (up from 7)

For comparison, the figure for England is 54.

The Cornwall figures seem particularly affected by the students at Penryn/Falmouth plus the non socially distanced holidaymakers in St Ives. There have been cases in some of the thousands of police that came down for the G7

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

@Sparky Do you still have mates who work for BA and know any inside info about the 4 BA Pilots who died in the last week?

The factcheckers says its nothing to do with having the VAX...so Im pretty sure its going to be something to do with the VAX.

There has been a lot of chatter about people who have had the jab no being able to fly as they get are getting grouped into the people at risk of blood clots who are not allowed to fly.

Spain & Russia are recommending people who have been vaccinated not to fly. If true could be disaster for BA as 90% of their crew have had the jab.

Anyways in other news

British researchers call on govt to halt use of Vaccine immediately

The enlarging of children's hearts is quite a alarming...dont mention Christian Eriksen :secret:

buddsy (your favorite tin foil hat wearing nut job who keeps pointing out those niggling inconvenient things that just dont seem to end)

Give a rest Buddsy it’s getting a bit tiresome now, vaccinations is obviously the only route out of this dreadful pandemic. It’s your life and you choose what you do with it but please stop spreading false information. I sincerely hope you do the sensible thing and get your vacation for your well-being.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Agree and disagree. Vaccines are not the silver bullet at all. 

No matter what - like any viral outbreak - it’ll die out all on its own.

Only here once

56 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Agree and disagree. Vaccines are not the silver bullet at all. 

No matter what - like any viral outbreak - it’ll die out all on its own.

Agree and disagree, do the older generation stop taking there flu vaccine, hoping the the virus dies out before they do 🤷or do we go back to the darker days before vaccines and one of the bad ones Cholera where millions died, pretty sure a vaccine would have helped help there. Saving lives as to be the biggest factor here and yes I understand the financial impact the pandemic as put on daily life,  but sorry some things come before money.

• Gold FFM

1918 Spanish flu or maybe the Black Death of 1665 - yes you are correct the vaccine roll out then by the marvellous EU saved us all.

Only here once