Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 163 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

That’s in the USA though @RobinB5 - they may have achieved it over there - but thankfully our birds are all real.

Maybe though it does explain the increase in hen laying sheds in the UK - someone’s gotta provide them yanks with the ole sunny side up 👍

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, ramjet said:

Wow! I'm glad that I had nothing in my mouth when I went to the link. I thought you were kidding at first Robin.

I wonder if someone believes in one conspiracy theory, that they are then obligated to believe in every one of them? I don't believe in any of them. I wonder if the opposite is also true?

I think the last time I heard the word 'Blasphemy' used was when I was young and watched 'The Life of Brian'.

Humans are quite good at finding patterns in their environment so that they can identify threats so as to avoid them. A good survival trait that has helped us to become #1 animal on the planet. Conspiracy theorists I think are just suffering a corruption of that ability in the very complex and difficult world we find ourselves in today. Specifically the ability to make a distinction between a real risk and a perceived one. It's a disability of sorts (in the truest sense of the word).

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

That’s in the USA though @RobinB5 - they may have achieved it over there - but thankfully our birds are all real.

Maybe though it does explain the increase in hen laying sheds in the UK - someone’s gotta provide them yanks with the ole sunny side up 👍

Our UK birds are all too real. We get a lot of geese and swans around us. The sheer volume of their shit is astounding. 

• Gold FFM
17 hours ago, ramjet said:

I think the last time I heard the word 'Blasphemy' used was when I was young and watched 'The Life of Brian'.

Sooo funny - me too !!

So I've just ordered a set of aviation snips to "apparently" create a heatshield for the LH wheel arch to protect the tyre, and I've also ordered some aluminium sheet for said purpose.

Am I really making bird-drone-proof headwear, or just a heatshield to protect my beloved G-Car?

Q: Are we not men?

A: We are DEVO

On 04/07/2021 at 20:55, Colin P said:

At that time the numbers were just beginning to head up and they wanted the time to make sure that the death rate didn’t follow it as it has done previously. So whilst the death rate is rising, it remains a much lower percentage of the cases than it did previously, therefore the vaccines are doing what was expected. 

The death rate for those admitted to hospital has dropped from 1 in 60 to 1 in 1000. Partly because those being admitted are younger now as most older double vaccinated people are avoiding hospital. In addition those going into hospital are being treated for less time and being discharged quicker so keeping the overall number down.

It will be interesting to see the conspiracy theorists explanation as to why the vaccine roll out has reduced deaths and hospital treatment! Or is that just a conspiracy in itself and that aliens are now removing the bodies to hide them ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Daughter tested positive last night so she’s in her room, door shut and windows open.

And I’m just cancelling the next 10 days work to sit on my arse again. 👎🤨

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Sons girlfriend moved in with him to avoid her step mother when she tested positive. First she tested positive (try telling him to sleep in separate beds) then my son did. Day 11 after isolation was the day he had tickets for the FOS. Close call. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
16 hours ago, mayevora said:

Daughter tested positive last night so she’s in her room, door shut and windows open.

And I’m just cancelling the next 10 days work to sit on my arse again. 👎🤨

Hope your daughter is ok. 

• Love 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Our secondary school kids have just returned from school today. Their class numbers have been decimated by self isolators. My eldest only has 10 children left in some of 30 pupil classes. One year group is even worse. Within a few minutes of them returning, we got a message saying that the school will be closed for the last three days of term, with the kids going back to the bad old days of remote learning again.

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

Self isolation = early out-of-peak-season early school hols. IMHO.

What a sham!!

A friend of mine who does physical therapy for kids did a session for one of her clients yesterday. After the session, she got a call saying the child had Covid. She now has to have a test AND self-isolate for 7 days, and lose all her income for her therapy work (as a self-employed person).

I wonder if she had covid - how long before she was in court ???

She has now lost nearly £1000 for the sessions already booked for the next 8 days.

Some people, eh?

On 29/06/2021 at 11:10, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

It’s amazing now quickly the UK Government has changed tack since the 4 week pause was announced. First Matt Hancock was shown getting jiggy with his aide. Now Sajid Javid seems to think that all’s rosey in the Garden of Covid.

When Boris announced the delay 2 weeks ago, there were 1135 people in hospital for CV-19 related illness. Now there are 1505. Daily new case numbers are ballooning (up from 7742 then to 22868 now) and the daily number of vaccinations is falling rather than ramping up as promised, so I can only see the number of hospitalisations going up. So if the current rules are not stopping the spread of the Delta variant, then what can we expect when all restrictions have ended?

2 more weeks have passed since my above post. Yesterday’s Covid daily data for comparison:

3334 people in hospital.

36660 new daily cases.

Perhaps most worrying, a relatively paltry 54000 first and 125000 second vaccine doses administered. These are both the lowest daily figures in a very long time and quite the opposite of the big vaccination push expected during this additional 4 week period of restrictions. 50 deaths too: a 3 month high.

Number of cases per 100,000 population in England now 277, compared to about 13 earlier this year.

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

I wonder how many of those would be soccer fans?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

In 2018 in England and Wales - there were 541389 deaths - 10,411 per week.

with all due respect a death rate due to covid of 12.5 per week is nothing and probably full of errors at best.

I know I’ll get shot down for saying that - @Buddsy can I borrow your tin foil hat please.

• Like 1

Only here once

in 2020 in the UK an average of 1900 people a day died, don`t remember any newspaper or news channels headlines say that

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

3 deaths nationally is nearly nothing. 50 deaths nationally is nearly nothing. I think what the concern is the potential for coronavirus to spiral out of control. We have seen that happen already so it is a real concern. At a time when you might expect this type of disease to be declining (It's July, it's summer) like you would expect influenza to be declining, covid 19 is now starting to rise up again.

We all want restrictions to be removed. Hopefully we all want to be safe. Some want to be safe more than others. Some activities / practices are safe, others are not so safe. Get the balance right and we will beat this coronavirus, get it wrong and things will not be good.

I have been working on site since April 2020 using safe practices. I don't want to die so I plan to continue using the safe practices for the forseeable future.

The Balearics were green and now they are going to be amber for travel. The Coronavirus is going to be with us for some time yet and it seems some restrictions are being relaxed too quickly.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

It’s an utter joke I’m afraid to say. The media have made this out to be more fatal that Ebola - when in reality walking down the high st in a London suburb is more risky.

the government have us all scared of normal humanity.

Only here once

To be fair, the government are now opting for herd immunity (avoiding use of that phrase).  Against the 'better' judgement of various local mayors.

If you look at the stats for India, which was out of control a few weeks ago, its now back to a similar number as daily cases as the UK, which I assume is because the 'delta variant' has naturally peaked.

I'm personally looking forward to 'freedom day' on Monday.   Although based on my experience over the last week or two, I think my locale was part of a pilot that lifted it ages ago without telling anybody else....  

• Haha 1

Final confirmation of what the so called “experts” are actually experts in………………………………………………………………..

………………………………………..Gloom & Doom.

Christ, what it must be like living with these people

image.png.927b73c13aafc2e696eac5bcd6186936.png

Can’t get link to work but, according to Sky News, experts are warning that as Covid rules are relaxed we are to expect an increase in Norovirus in addition to Covid 🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

To be expected really because there was this very special advice that came about due to COVID and apparently it was shockingly new to some. The idea was that people should practice good hygiene, especially their hands. 

The masks, the social distancing, the heightened hygiene etc have all combined to suppress normal transmission rates of other disease that we get used to spreading to other humans. So it seems inevitable we'll end up catching combinations of COVID, 'flu, coughs, colds etc and if combined with Norovirus the muscle spasms caused by the first may have nasty effects when combined with the last. 

• Gold FFM

The experts do love a good pandemic panic. They’ve got good form for predicting the end of the world.

Only here once

UK Government is still behaving as if no one has been vaccinated.

As Theresa May put it, why are we less free than this time last year when there were no vaccines?

• Like 1