Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 207 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

I had to look that one up! 

I'm sure I read last week that people are suffering from stiff livers post covid! How do you even notice that and how is it diagnosed? Does someone poke your liver and watches how bouncy it is? 

Liver stiffness: a novel parameter for the diagnosis of liver disease - PMC (nih.gov)

• 2 weeks later...

So countries including USA are putting restrictions on Chinese visitors, however nothing so far from UK government 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

2 hours ago, pete said:

from UK government

perhaps waiting for the EU to get a position then follow on in a couple of weeks or months.

COVID is everywhere. And about to be more so. Exposure helps boost the immune system but best be in rude health initially if possible.

Best option is to be fully vaccinated including flu. And pop vitamins C, D, cod liver oil and zinc. 

India is a major concern, fingers crossed we get through this next wave without too much disruption.

Justin

3 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

perhaps waiting for the EU to get a position then follow on in a couple of weeks or months.

On COVID i thought largely the EU was always behind the UK 🤔

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

This Chinese thing is a big time bomb about to go off 🤔

If the WHO or the British government can't see beyond the smoke and mirrors then they are really stupid and delusional !!!!

Forewarned is to be forearmed.

Small planet with now too many people. COVID is but the start of a series of pandemics that will develop as the years progress now.

When you have huge buildings, with 26 floors, housing, rearing, slaughtering and butchering a million pigs each a year then you know it isn't going to end well.

2048.jpg

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 29/12/2022 at 18:06, C8RKH said:

On COVID i thought largely the EU was always behind the UK 🤔

Looks like we will follow the US.... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64130655

It is understood the UK will demand a negative test before travellers can board a flight from mainland China - bringing Britain into line with the approach taken by the US.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NAC63 said:

Waste of time , anyone can get a negative test before travelling, they need to be made to have a test on arrival then sent back if its positive. 

But think of somewhere like Heathrow with 100's of flights per day from all over the world and you'll see the impracticality of testing everyone on arrival.

And, as we all know, it is very easy to cheat when self testing 🤔

May sound harsh but usher everyone arriving with a Chinese passport to a separate area for testing wherever they arrive from.

I realise that with international travel this virus is impossible to control but we could at least be more proactive, the current proposal is merely playing at it for the sake of being able to say “we are doing something.”

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

May sound harsh but usher everyone arriving with a Chinese passport to a separate area for testing wherever they arrive from.

I realise that with international travel this virus is impossible to control but we could at least be more proactive, the current proposal is merely playing at it for the sake of being able to say “we are doing something.”

Agree 👍 

1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

I agree too. Trouble is you're going to get some woke nutcase waving their discriminatory or racist banner 🤔

• Like 1

Does it really matter though? As I understand it, the reason China is suddenly being hit so hard is because restrictions have been lifted and no-one there has had the chance to develop antibodies and immunity from exposure to the virus, due to nigh on 3 years isolation. They just haven’t been exposed to it like the rest of the world. We’ve already got plenty of COVID of our own circulating, so a few more ex China cases won’t make much difference, or do they have some new strain that we cannot fight?

9 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

do they have some new strain that we cannot fight

as China does not release info about new cases/strains and even 'accurate' deaths they are using this as part of the reason to request tests etc.

• 7 months later...

A long time since this topic was posted in gladly but for an update, Rachel has Covid for the 3rd time. We're pretty sure she caught it on the plane on the way back from Italy last week, timings make it look that way. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Like most I didn't have my last booster as previously I may just have had COVID after my booster, cause it knocked me for 6!

But there is a huge number of cases right now. We have 2 at the Day Job and loads in Wendys work and my evening job. Anything on the front lines with the public.

I had it just before Xmas and am hoping my immune system is still strong as I leave for holiday in a week for the first time in 4 years.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer