Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 29 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

Essential workers I think @pete - but he hasn’t been explicitly clear.

if the footfall doesn’t drop he will be explicit tomorrow night im sure

• Like 1

Only here once

5 minutes ago, pete said:

Not sure what travel to work only when necessary means

as @Barrykearley says only go to work if you work in the essential services. Otherwise, stay at home! I thought he was pretty clear to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Not totally clear what essential shops are. Clearly clothes and electronics are out but what about maintenance 'essentials' from places like B&Q, Screwfix etc..?. Tradesmen will need to maintain broken stuff...

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

36 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Well - we are now on lockdown. 

Bloody good job Boris

Good job Boris? Should have happened two weeks ago how many lives as his dithering cost the country?

Delivery drivers?.............Refuse collection?..............Outdoor Contractors? etc

I think many people will be requiring better definition of the word “essential”

Should have happened last Weds at the latest though!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

as @Barrykearley says only go to work if you work in the essential services. Otherwise, stay at home! I thought he was pretty clear to be honest.

I’m afraid that is not what he said. He said Travel to and from work only if absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home. 

We really need total lockdown for 3 weeks. Short sharp shock, or it will just drag on and on. 

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Sorry but for me that means ONLY travel to work if it is really essential. I'm sure people and companies will interpret that how they want but for me, I thought it was pretty clear and will be staying at home like I have. been told to.

But then, I suppose it could mean go to the beach like everybody seemed to at the weekend.  I think the advice is pretty clear but people have the freedom, for now, to ignore it, but if too many do, then that freedom gets taken away.

• Thanks 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

13 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Maybe clear to you but not to me. Most employers I have spoken to are carrying on

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

6 minutes ago, Colin P said:

I’m afraid that is not what he said. He said Travel to and from work only if absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home. 

We really need total lockdown for 3 weeks. Short sharp shock, or it will just drag on and on. 

Yes the average brainless van driving neanderthal will just carry on as normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pete said:

Maybe clear to you but not to me. Most employers I have spoken to are carrying on

And if as a result their employees go home and infect a family member who then dies I am assuming they will be the first to accept responsibility?  As I said above, too many people ignore the advice then the advice gets stricter. We're seeing that everywhere else. Is it really worth it. Taking the chance?

The small print.

Unless the government actually says what you are assuming business won't be able to claim the 80% as I understand it

Here in France the instructions were very similar to what seem to have been told to you (I haven't listened to BJ directly though) so that would mean reduced public transportations, shops closed (unless for food and medication ones obviously) and for the rest, everyone must work from home unless ones job couldn't be done remotely (boss attestation needed), and just a short walk more or less alone not far from home (<1h & <1km range) .
Also we risk a fine if we don't have a printed/written dated self signed attestation.

• Like 1

The definition is unchanged from last week as to what key workers are. Pretty clear really.

So no to furniture maker, yes to delivery man. Companies will get a knock on the door if they carry on when they shouldn't. Emergency powers bill going through parliament gives wide ranging powers to Police and LA

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision

On 20/03/2020 at 19:05, pete said:

The queen always goes to Windsor at this time of the year. We all know that eventually we will be in lock down but your post said it was imminent which it wasn't so fake news and unnecessary scaremongering

Happy now ? Friday, as suspected wasn't respected by the general public, so it had to move on.

• Like 1

Not worth a reply as smugness isn't a nice attitude at the moment. And Johnson actually said

travelling to and from work, but only where it is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home

• Gold FFM

I agree @pete he hasn’t been clear enough. 

I shall be finishing my current hen shed tomorrow - and I can legitimately do this as it’s key works as outlined in the governments guidance. Once that’s done - feet are up on the sofa and the outside world can fuck off

Only here once

30 minutes ago, pete said:

Unless the government actually says what you are assuming business won't be able to claim the 80% as I understand it

I'm not assuming anything. I really think he was clear. Stay at home and only go to work if it is ABSOLUTELY necessary as the work can't be done at home. How much clearer does he need to be?

Making bespoke furniture is not absolutely necessary.

Programming a computer, then do it from home.

Work in an office, then do it from home.

Deliver food and groceries. Great. Carry on.

Involved in health and food chain. Keep going.

Logistics? Keep on trucking.

Are people just being pedantic/obtuse on purpose? Are these the same people with 40 packs of bog roll, sunburnt foreheads and a dose of Covid19 cos they stood snivelling nose to shoulder with hundreds of others in a chip shop queue in Barry Island?

The small print.

3 minutes ago, pete said:

Not worth a reply as smugness isn't a nice attitude at the moment. And Johnson actually said

travelling to and from work, but only where it is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home

It was you accusing me of scaremongering and fake news on Friday I believe, so worth a bit of smugness in return 😉

3 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I'm not assuming anything. I really think he was clear. Stay at home and only go to work if it is ABSOLUTELY necessary as the work can't be done at home. How much clearer does he need to be?

Making bespoke furniture is not absolutely necessary.

Programming a computer, then do it from home.

Work in an office, then do it from home.

Deliver food and groceries. Great. Carry on.

Involved in health and food chain. Keep going.

Logistics? Keep on trucking.

Are people just being pedantic/obtuse on purpose? Are these the same people with 40 packs of bog roll, sunburnt foreheads and a dose of Covid19 cos they stood snivelling nose to shoulder with hundreds of others in a chip shop queue in Barry Island?

Exactly that !

• Like 1

None of those things thanks. We have an older couples kitchen on a temporary supply of an outside tap and need to get there tomorrow to reconnect