Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 39 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Hello Paul said:

Have I stumbled into a forum full of Daily Mail-reading tories? Why would anyone possibly not hate Johnson? He basically had two things to do in this crisis:
Isolate people (herd immunity - remember that?)
Provide the NHS with what they need (ventilators from the EU, anyone?)
He's failed on both counts. Does nobody here realise he is killing people? I think a little hate in his direction is the least we can do.

I’m really not interested in your political opinions. Who I vote for & what I read are my business. Unsurprisingly I come here primarily because it is a Lotus car lovers forum & people usually interact with tolerance, common sense & good humour. I’m not particularly a fan of Ricky Gervais, but he sized it up well with this tweet:

F287D75B-67B9-4783-9103-C4C0835F5958.png

• Like 2

Wife has seen the latest advice that going for your daily walk can bring the virus in on your shoes. So I am in the study working (I'm taking a 5 minute break) and all I can smell is chlorine as she is washing the floors. Looks like laps of the garden and the cross trainer from now on. 

Best wishes to EVERYONE suffering from contracting and fighting this disease.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

You’re going to love this. We live adjacent to a pub and it has now been correctly closed for almost a full week. However since the pub has a nice big beer garden and the sun has been shining, dog owners have taken this new opportunity to drive their families and dogs down there, park up, let the dogs go and play and have a shit, whilst the people squeeze up on the only available picnic bench with their own refreshments and have a nice sociable chat. They don’t even walk their dogs there! There are two car loads there at the moment. Pricks.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight
  • Sad 1

• Gold FFM

I live next to a huge park.  Just been over there for my little bit of exercise.  Busy car park, groups cycling, groups walking dogs, groups even playing football.  No way are they all family members.  I have no idea what it'll take to get people to toe the line.  Well, I do, but it's illegal.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

And you are in area of the country that has more cases than anyone

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

I live next to a huge park.  Just been over there for my little bit of exercise.  Busy car park, groups cycling, groups walking dogs, groups even playing football.  No way are they all family members.  I have no idea what it'll take to get people to toe the line.  Well, I do, but it's illegal.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

On 24/03/2020 at 15:50, Kimbers said:

Yes, it's being done and more regularly than you think. Simple. Cough on me, smile and you've got a nice place to stay and a criminal record for Assault Police.

Not you but must be one of your colleagues, hope that officer is OK.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/jail-for-woman-who-coughed-in-police-officer-s-face-1-6583008

....12 weeks imprisonment after pleading guilty to being drunk and disorderly in a public place, criminal damage to property and common assault of an emergency worker, at Norwich Magistrates Court....

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Shouldn't the guy in the cartoon have the garage door open so that he can make the car go vroom, vroom?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

How longs this lockdown on for.??

had an amazing clear up outside the last couple of days. Lawn mowed. Our wild area which never gets any attention cleared and tidied. Tomorrow the ripped plastic on the poly tunnel will get addressed - gonna shorten it by a few hoops for now to solve the problem. Missus has planted loads of veg in newspaper oragami pots the kids made. 

We've had a huge fire outside of prunings and trimmings - I could seriously do with a few more days of this. Need to clear out he old hay barn of the last few bales - I can get the spitfire relocated in there then. Next it’ll be Esprit fettling time. 

Even had some lights delivered for the next hen shed. Now schools out - and my buddy can’t work with me - Danny has no choice but to graft with Dad. He’s looking forward to that as he gets paid 🤪

Sadly though - one of the big car dealerships I work for has gone on lockdown til mid April at least - owing me a tump of money.

oh well.....

• Like 1

Only here once

Rumour is could be till June, and then till September 2021 on and off. 

• Thanks 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I read an interesting article on esquire about how it will pan out over the next 18months and the changes to work etc.

https://www.esquire.com/uk/life/a31915611/coronavirus-timeline/

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

I'm puzzled or I have not understood things?

I thought air travel was basically a no-go now other than flights that were getting people home?

Maybe I am looking at historical data playing on here?

https://www.flightradar24.com/7.28,87.14/2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I was working outside today and there're usually several planes visible travelling in both directions - i think its Heathrow to America.

Today there was one every now and then   mostly going west. The sky was almost entirely blue,  and  we could hear birds calling half a mile off.

I guess that data map is usually a lot more crowded.

I noticed several jet trails in the sky the other evening, so there are flights, but how many of those are cargo?

At the local airport (Nowich, a rather small provincial one) we have quite a few British Airway jets parked up, I guess it's cheaper to park them there than at the airports they normally fly from.

On 24/03/2020 at 21:38, USAndretti42 said:

Are Lotus still making cars.  Most of the manufacturers have stopped while this crisis is on but I haven't heard news from Norfolk.

If you hadn't already heard by now they closed the factory on Tuesday.

(sorry only now catching up with this thread)

chipp

1 hour ago, ramjet said:

I'm puzzled or I have not understood things?

I thought air travel was basically a no-go now other than flights that were getting people home?

Maybe I am looking at historical data playing on here?

https://www.flightradar24.com/7.28,87.14/2

Plenty of freight flights up there plus mail and other such commercial flights and some planes moving to cheaper locations for storage. Pretty quiet compared to normal though.

Edited by gregs24
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

Plenty of freight flights up there plus mail and other such commercial flights and some planes moving to cheaper locations for storage. Pretty quiet compared to normal though.

I live near Southend airport, it’s been very quite but with the odd plane taking off. Also live under the flight paths into London as they go down the Thames, a huge drop in the number of aircraft, not seen any vapour trails for about a week now. 

Amateurs built the Ark

17 minutes ago, red vtec said:

, not seen any vapour trails for about a week now. 

Very dry air this week not conducive to vapour trails anyway

• Like 1

The video is in French but this is what is happening currently in Paris. They built in the street Hand sanitizer gel. It's not fake, it's true. Welcome to the third world welcome to the Macron startup nation :

• Like 2