Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 48 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

22 hours ago, tom kilner said:

So maybe their deaths figure of 4000 is the excess over expected?, still,  that's 20,000 a day for 3 months, Well over a million,  making the cv19 percentage tiny.

Seems the Chinese state and media wanted low numbers,  but our click- hungry media want large ones.

I imagine we are somewhere in the middle.

And they sealed off the entire provence and banned travel and office work so had very little outside ]. Sealed provence was about 50 million people so the mortality rate should probably viewed in that context.

• Gold FFM

Does anybody wonder if the truth about all of this will ever be known?

True numbers?

Where did it start?

I'm not going to even expect to see an answer as to whether it was natural or man-made. I personally believe it was natural.

Or maybe it was like on the TV series 'Fringe' and someone was testing?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Had a monster sore throat and head ache since yesterday. Missus the same - except she feels tired, aching and irritable. So alls normal in our house.

• Haha 2

Only here once

1 hour ago, scotty435 said:

Almost makes it worthwhile! If anyone wants to know what it means to be British - this is it. Love it

Just a good job there are no speed bumps around.......

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

34 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Old people should not be in Hospital, simply because they have no where else to go.

My old mum has been in and out of hospital on numerous occasions, as well as 3 times a week for dialysis. Each time I’ve been in to visit her on a ward, probably 80% of the remaining patients were there for that very reason, they needed “intermediate” care in as much as they weren’t able to look after themselves but weren’t sick enough to be in hospital. They weren’t being treated medically as such, they were just in a bed, getting fed and watered. It’s no wonder there’s no beds available in normal times.

Margate Exotics.

2 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

This year - currently, 200ish empty beds. Tell me that a large % of the population don't totally abuse the NHS.

I hope this seriously starts a proper debate about elderly care (outside of hospitals) - it is desperate. Old people should not be in Hospital, simply because they have no where else to go.

My neighbour is an A&E consultant. Christmas, Easter, you would be amazed how many old people are "dropped off" at A&E just before Christmas, Easter etc.

Absolutely bloody ridiculous and totally selfish - Remember, In 2020, in the UK, it's all about me, me and oh, don't forget, me!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I do despair, I really do. Some people are so thick they shouldn't be allowed to breathe fresh air, let alone breed! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

29 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I do despair, I really do. Some people are so thick they shouldn't be allowed to breathe fresh air, let alone breed! 🤣🤣🤣

I bet the one thing they didn't bulk buy were condoms !

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

My old mum has been in and out of hospital on numerous occasions, as well as 3 times a week for dialysis. Each time I’ve been in to visit her on a ward, probably 80% of the remaining patients were there for that very reason, they needed “intermediate” care in as much as they weren’t able to look after themselves but weren’t sick enough to be in hospital. They weren’t being treated medically as such, they were just in a bed, getting fed and watered. It’s no wonder there’s no beds available in normal times.

In the US there are stand alone competing businesses that exclusively do dialysis.  I'm not a "customer" yet, but when the time comes it's only a 3 mile drive. I had a boss once who would go 3 times a week and my late father was driven to one in another state.(where I grew up)

one example

https://www.davita.com/tools/find-dialysis-center?&gclid=CjwKCAjw4KD0BRBUEiwA7MFNTczMAxMovcudYc6XPfmD0bt8lfTuVYmIvNBDdYo4WNTckf_Y-Lea1RoCFt0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by comem47
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, Bibs said:

That was brilliant!

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Milk prices collapsing to 15ppl (farmers are now dumping milk), beef prices crashing and Sainsbury's putting Polish beef on the shelves - Way to go Britain, thanks for supporting the British farmer who will be working whether or not they have the virus. None of this is necessary.

Seriously unimpressed guys!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7

• Gold FFM

I never understand how after freight costs, middlemen, duties etc., that something imported from another country costs less than the same (or better qualtiy) product manufactured at home.

Unless the companies concerned are getting the import almost free?

• Sad 1