Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 67 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Which is why everyone is in such a rush to end the lockdown and get back to snuggling into someone else's hairy, sweaty armpit on the tube.  Now it all makes sense why the press are going down the route they are!   hahahaha

Hey fellow Turkeys, let's raise a government petition to get a second christmas every year.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Anyway, over in the USA it seems the president is set to go on out of state visits. Hmmmm, why not visit lots of NewYork though? i'm sure he'd be shown how welcome he is, and maybe the residents would express their thoughts on him saying he wants to let social distancing end, after all it's not as if there'd be any risk to him being in an area with lots of people who are infected with it. perhaps he could inject himself with bleach first for safety (under supervision of a doctor of course).

More seriously though, Germany looks to have worrying news. Spike in the rate of infections after they eased some of the lock-down. Hopefully it's not the start of a bigger upturn in their rate of infections. So, those members in Germany, please keep yourselves safe, lock yourselves in the Lotus if that's what you have to do.

• Like 2

BBC up to their usual tricks then, this report from today's Times:

The BBC has been forced to defend its Panorama investigation into the supply of PPE after it emerged that many of the medics interviewed were political activists.

The Tory MP Andrew Griffith accused the broadcaster of playing “unbalanced left-wing party politics during a national crisis” by not informing viewers of the contributors’ affiliations.

Sonia Adesara, who spoke of fears on her ward about going to work unprotected, is a former prospective Labour candidate whose criticisms of Conservative health policies were once posted on Jeremy Corbyn’s Facebook page.

Monday’s Panorama episode, which accused the government of failing to buy enough personal protective equipment for a pandemic, also featured testimony from Irial Eno, a doctor and member of the Docs Not Cops activist group that has campaigned for migrants to get better healthcare access.

Others included Libby Nolan, a nurse who is a union steward for Unison in Swansea, and Abhi Mantgani, who has described Jacob Rees-Mogg as a “pompous fool” on social media.

• Like 2

Cheers,

John W

There seems to be a huge amount of confusion in the public, large numbers seem to think that when lockdown is released life will go back to normal, it wont as there will be a new normal. Bear in mind we only have lockdown lite, I read a woman on facebook ranting "how can they expect people to stay in for 6 weeks" I nearly pointed out that the state has a lot more powers to keep you in, we have gone no where as far as some countries and no where near martial law. I think people under estimate the power of the state, if it really needed to put its foot down it would. We have not had the army on the streets as some others have.

The messages dose seem very mixed, "stay in", "B&Q open" being an example.

The High street as we know it will be dead, it was on its knees before. Now larger number of people are ok with shopping on line (do you really need constant new clothes when sitting at home?) Same with working from home, its shown people can be trusted to do their job, why do you need to travel three hours a day to sit in front of a computer in a different building? Main offices will be come drop in centres for the occasional catch up etc.. wider use of video conferencing will change business travel. I know manufacturing jobs cannot be done from home, and hopefully we see some move towards more UK manufacturing after this crises has highlighted issues. 

You can be a huge recession is coming after this. 

Will people become less material? not sure, but I do know after loosing both of my parents suddenly a few years ago, that a flashy watch, private number plate, designer clothes etc were last things on their mind at that point. I know it changed my mind on these things, I lead a far simpler life now.

There seems so much unknown about this virus (or at least what is told to us), some it seems to go over like a light breeze others it smashes with the vengeance of a tropical storm. How is it spread? why is it going through care homes if they are locked down? or is it only care homes where staff come and go? does that indicate going to the shops is a real risk?

Brave new world.

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I wonder though, is that instance of BBC reporting specifically left-wing or just general anti-governing party? I get the feeling that whoever was in power, we'd have some sort of PPE shortage or some topic where the government are told they must do better, and the BBC would report on it accordingly and not balance it.

Were those people interviewed because they are activists , or did they put themselves forward and agree to be interviewed because they are activists, one is cause and one is effect. I don't know which it is but generally don't expect any media outlet to offer a balanced view because that probably doesn't sell papers/get viewers.

Regarding somebody calling Jacob Rees-Mogg a "Pompous fool", I did have a little laugh but in all honesty he doesn't appear to be a fool, he may not be in touch with the majority of the population but that doesn't make him a fool, it just means he's guided by his own beliefs and not a popularist. The other half of the person's accusation, well..... no comment.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, red vtec said:

I read a woman on facebook ranting "how can they expect people to stay in for 6 weeks" I nearly pointed out that the state has a lot more powers to keep you in, we have gone no where as far as some countries and no where near martial law. I think people under estimate the power of the state, if it really needed to put its foot down it would. We have not had the army on the streets as some others have.

I think people should read very carefully the emergency legislation that is now on the statute books and law.  Shoot to kill anyone?  No repercussions for health front line staff re deaths due to prioritisation (or reprioritisation) of cases.  You are correct. The average Joe (including me) has no idea.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, jonwat said:

BBC up to their usual tricks then, this report from today's Times:

The BBC has been forced to defend its Panorama investigation into the supply of PPE after it emerged that many of the medics interviewed were political activists.

The Tory MP Andrew Griffith accused the broadcaster of playing “unbalanced left-wing party politics during a national crisis” by not informing viewers of the contributors’ affiliations.

Sonia Adesara, who spoke of fears on her ward about going to work unprotected, is a former prospective Labour candidate whose criticisms of Conservative health policies were once posted on Jeremy Corbyn’s Facebook page.

Monday’s Panorama episode, which accused the government of failing to buy enough personal protective equipment for a pandemic, also featured testimony from Irial Eno, a doctor and member of the Docs Not Cops activist group that has campaigned for migrants to get better healthcare access.

Others included Libby Nolan, a nurse who is a union steward for Unison in Swansea, and Abhi Mantgani, who has described Jacob Rees-Mogg as a “pompous fool” on social media.

The only thing that is surprising about this is that anyone would be surprised by this report.

I’ve said before, we don’t have journalism anymore just reporters. Journalists investigate & get their facts right, Reporters merely report what they’ve been told & usually with a twist to suit their needs

I'm definitely a Reporter then. Journalism. Pah, sounds like hard work....

• Haha 1

The small print.

Bit of an obvious comment, but why is it necessary for the BBC news crews to use up precious PPE to do completely unecessary reports from inside Corona hotspots, with all the risks that carries.    

For the same reason the weather guys who tell you how dangerous the hurricane outside is have to step into the flying debris to show everyone.

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I'm definitely a Reporter then. Journalism. Pah, sounds like hard work....

That’s why we don’t believe anything you write/post 😛

• Haha 2

I thought that was just because you all thought I was a "tosser"!  That's why I'm always on the Porsche forum 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣        (I know, some of you wish I always was. But I don't care either way)

The small print.

Looks like you were right @Sparky

British Airways has told staff that its Gatwick airport operation may not reopen after the coronavirus pandemic passes.

The admission came in a memo, written by the head of BA's Gatwick hub and seen by BBC News.

BA's Gatwick operation, which is currently suspended, is roughly a fifth as big as its Heathrow hub.

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

And I think this may be the end of the BA A380 and Boeing 747!  I'll be proper sad if I don't get a farewell flight on one of our 747s.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Here in Australia some states and territories are beginning to see the light and now a government plan has been released for the easing of restrictions.

Once an Australian state or territory has received '0' new cases within 28 days (2 x consecutive 14 day hibernation periods, as set by the WHO), they can commence stage 1.

Stage 1 allows: Playgrounds, pools, parks to open / outdoor religious gatherings including outdoor weddings and funerals / Outdoor non contact sport / outdoor gyms

After a further 2 weeks of no new cases, stage 2 can commence: restaurants, cafes, clubs, bars with a 2 hour attendance limit / indoor gyms / Indoor religious gatherings, including indoor weddings and funerals / outdoor sport training / galleries and museums.  

After a further 3 weeks of no new cases, stage 3 can commence: All sports and competitions including spectators / bars and restaurants no restrictions / cinemas

For a country like the USA, I would expect another 3-6+ months before most states reach this zero mark, and with winter approaching in 6 months they could just be in an endless loop of despair that could run for years with their current government in charge.  Interesting times are still ahead.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

12 hours ago, Sparky said:

And I think this may be the end of the BA A380 and Boeing 747!  I'll be proper sad if I don't get a farewell flight on one of our 747s.

It might also the the end of BA as we know it!

Margate Exotics.

On 29/04/2020 at 15:35, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

The airlines are awful. It’s like trying to get blood out of a stone. Lufthansa made it impossible for me to amend a flight. Similar story with an advance cancellation with an Indian domestic carrier. At least I got confirmation from them that I would get £46 back within 2 weeks. That was back on 11.03.20. I didn’t get the money within 2 weeks. I’ll check my next credit card statement to see if it turned up belatedly.

Pleased to report I got the £46 repayment from the Indian domestic airline. Took 7 weeks though, not the 2 weeks promised. Still better late than never.