Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 89 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

😂, do yourself a favour and watch that, brilliant documentary, French schools food will pop your head ( my wife is more of a housewives of .... and she loved it ) What I am saying is sometimes I wish I was still PAYE. There has been many a time where everyone got paid and I didn’t, I put my house up a collateral at one point so I think Directors deserve a bit of a tax break. Controversial maybe but it is our arse on the line to keep people employed. People forget about all the other costs that come along with running a company, insurance for one, office rental, vans, cleaning and fook me the stress (we have turned over the best part of fuck all in the last 4 months but everyone is still employed) I could go on. 

I might become a drug dealer 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

I reckon anyone with a modern 2 seater should defo pay double road tax...

And you need to go and @@@@ a chicken in your shed!   hahahahaha!.........

1 hour ago, Dan E said:

😂, do yourself a favour and watch that, brilliant documentary, French schools food will pop your head ( my wife is more of a housewives of .... and she loved it ) What I am saying is sometimes I wish I was still PAYE. There has been many a time where everyone got paid and I didn’t, I put my house up a collateral at one point so I think Directors deserve a bit of a tax break. Controversial maybe but it is our arse on the line to keep people employed. People forget about all the other costs that come along with running a company, insurance for one, office rental, vans, cleaning and fook me the stress (we have turned over the best part of fuck all in the last 4 months but everyone is still employed) I could go on. 

I might become a drug dealer 😂

i don't disagree with you on those points at all. The people that piss me off are "one man band" IT consultants and the ilk who basically just run the dodges and haven't taken any "chances" or risks....

• Haha 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Arh totally different story that one, now we agree! Obviously a sub contractor will always earn more than a PAYE because they’re expendable. I just get the arse when I get the “dividend” argument, my accountants invoice is eye watering but I pay every tax on time ( another overhead which is a legal requirement for a ltd company as you know) . Happy to pay tax but employers need a break I believe otherwise, why bother take the risk and we need to drag this country into having having apprenticeships again. 

• Love 1

Amen Brother @Dan E

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Oh and just to make you laugh after 3 months of arguing, including web chats, letters and phone calls I finally got a cheque ( yes a cheque) for the £3.20 HMRC owed me for their f$€k up. That is not  £320 it was for £3.20 after they buggered up my PAYE. 

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

And you need to go and @@@@ a chicken in your shed!   hahahahaha!.........

i don't disagree with you on those points at all. The people that piss me off are "one man band" IT consultants and the ilk who basically just run the dodges and haven't taken any "chances" or risks....

And the highly paid BBC presenters

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I did find the recent news reports that 'Self Employed Earn Less Than PAYE (but are happier)' a giggle. Apparently, the average self employed person in the UK earns £15k!!! :lol:

Opera Snapshot_2020-07-17_094014_www.google.com.png

• Haha 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Well look at that. All of those self employed people earned exactly the same amount. :getmecoat:

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Those figures are based on what is declared as their income with HMRC, make of that what you will but I don't know many trades that are on below min wage at £60/day! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

The income they declare will be the minimum they can get away with declaring to save on TAX, NI and VAT.  It's just the way it is. A 1 in 100 years pandemic happens and fcuks them over. For the other 99 years they are laughing....

• Like 2

The small print.

On 13/07/2020 at 15:34, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

So who’s been on a regular airline flight since the travel restrictions were eased? My first one is on Monday. I’m dipping my toe in gently with a 1 hour flight to Germany and back 2 days later. Got my masks!

So I took the outbound flight from Stansted today. It was eerily quiet heading into the terminal. I took this view of the ramp leading up to the terminal. Mid-morning on a normal Monday, this would be busy with travellers coming and going.

t0plWSm.jpg

There were a handful of passengers at Ryanair Bag Drop. I sailed through Security without anyone in front of me. Hand santizers available. Pretty much all of the shops were closed (except the "Duty Free"!) as were many of the food outlets. The Escape Lounge was open and provided table service. Face coverings were worn throughout except for eating and in the Lounge, where there was plenty of space. The number of flights operating was significantly lower than usual. Aircraft Gates were spaced out, with no other queues nearby. The boarding queue itself was OK, maybe 1 metre gaps, so OK with all wearing face coverings. On board the flight was maybe 35 - 40% full, so most people got a row of 3 seats each. Everyone kept themselves to themselves. Immigration at the German end was quick and easy. Apart from the time spent in the Lounge I wore my face covering from the moment I got to Stansted to the moment I exited the German airport. It was a bit weird, but I got used to it. Probably not fun for long-haul though. All in all, probably better than the usual Ryanair experience!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Gold FFM

Just walked past another brand new bench in the park this morning. Why is it an old person has to die every time a new bench is installed?

• Haha 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

I’m afraid for me the whole teaching profession has handled this poorly. Some schools have had excellent provision - some next time none at all. I absolutely put the blame of this at their door, the teaching unions and ofsted.

This should have been the time when the profession pulled together and did the best for the children they provide provision for. 

Only here once

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

So what am I missing. The vast majority of kids have not been in school for several months so the Government decides to award these teachers a larger pay rise for the stirling job they've done and the extra mile they went during Covid. Meanwhile, in the private sector many people are losing their jobs and those who carried on working will not be getting a pay rise this year. Typical Labour response, "It's not enough" - pissed myself laughing as so predictable and it would never be enough. Wtf eh?

I appreciate the work those on the frontline do but yet again Politicians, Union leaders and the like just show how out touch they are. It's the bloody private sector that pays for all this. Government doesn't make money, it spends it!

Agreed Andy, albeit I think from many of the staff affected they would probably argue that it is the pay rise that they have not had and should have over the last several years. That said, I completely agree with you - we cannot afford it right now and it is a massive inbalance against the situation in the "real world".  Their real reward at the moment is job security, something a lot of people would give their right arms for right now. 

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Typical Labour response, "It's not enough" - pissed myself laughing as so predictable and it would never be enough. Wtf eh?

I appreciate the work those on the frontline do but yet again Politicians, Union leaders and the like just show how out touch they are.

I think it demonstrates how incapable the Labour Party would be if they were to lead the country. Totally clueless with a complete lack of any sort of brain power to enable them to enter into a meaningful debate, hence why the Labour Party cannot come up with anything more constructive. 

As you say, their response to everything is so predictable, from front benchers and back benchers alike and now Starmer. In their view being the opposition just means they have to oppose everything. They have learned nothing from the past 5 years.

I get people need to be rewarded. But as @Colin P says so many people right now are shitting themselves re job security. Getting made redundant. That the response to this from Labour and others ("it's not enough") should be and could be seen as a smack in the face for the average private sector Joe who does not have the public sector enhanced terms for pension or redundancy nor do they have the relative job security.

Funny, the Deputy Head of the BMA was on the BBC this morning talking about over worked GPs. What really made me laugh was I know many GPs who have been telling me how quiet things are as people have been staying away, they've been doing telephone consultations etc. Just shows what utter bull shit it is we get fed time and time again....

The small print.

It’s so difficult to get an appointment at my GP surgery, that I'm pretty sure a lot of people just hope that whatever they have is nothing too serious, and live in hope whatever it is will clear up. The online booking service has been in operation for years, but I’ve never once been able to book anything though it, apart from a repeat prescription. Forget the telephone, because every time I call I’m No. 48 in the queue. I find the only way is to go to the surgery and wait to speak to a receptionist.

Margate Exotics.

Never had a problem here. Sometimes need to wait a few days. I think it's very hit and miss. But my comment was in general around the extra Covid workload. Or not...

The small print.

many state school teachers have really not covered themselves in glory during CV19 crisis 

private schools have worked very hard to continue the education of kids in their charge; state schools, not so much