Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Final editions - Page 12 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Final editions

MarkieT

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What a bloody nice car you got there mate!

If I were leaving up there like you, I would be at the Lakes and Peak every weekend for coffee… London though is such a pain to get out of or find anything remotely interesting 

Love it - I like to think I somehow influenced this spec….when I was one of the first to go Fire Red back in ‘18😉

Enjoy - they’re truly mental and great fun, and the public you pass by on your way, will love it!!😎

• Like 1

On 30/04/2022 at 00:09, By420 said:

Hello all, first post as it’s my first lotus. I have wanted to get back in a decent car for a while, recently injured my knee and can’t do anything I usually would so thought now is the time to explore the UK in something a bit special. So decided to borderline bankrupt myself and buy an Exige 420 Final edition. Forgot I was 6ft3 with one operational knee but I make it work. If anyone could recommend some decent roads around Manchester I would appreciate it.

Aha! So it's you that bought it then :thumbup:  I've cast my eyes over that car numerous times at Oakmere and even had a quick sit in it once, don't worry, I was wearing clean trousers at the time :lol:

What area of Manchester are you? If possible you REALLY need to get into the Peak District and join some of our Sunday morning runs with the Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC). We have a few regulars with Exige V6 cars and we know ALL the best roads :)

Drop me a line and we can arrange a run out 👍

Cheers

Duncan

On 30/04/2022 at 00:26, Paul_D said:

That looks fantastic. Congratulations. (Also, 🤣 at the comment about you forgetting your height and dodgy knee)

Thanks, yeah it wasn't the most logical move 😅

On 30/04/2022 at 08:53, Troyboy said:

Lovely looking car. Great colour. Remember you can always take the roof off if you need to.

Thank you, Yes i am on a hunt for a soft top, the dealer kindly fitted the conversion.

On 30/04/2022 at 09:34, Citizen said:

What a bloody nice car you got there mate!

If I were leaving up there like you, I would be at the Lakes and Peak every weekend for coffee… London though is such a pain to get out of or find anything remotely interesting 

Thanks, Fire red really is a lovely colour, the right amount of sparkle in the sun as well.

Yes i went into the Peak district on Monday, weather was average but got to stretch its legs.

On 01/05/2022 at 11:40, HXT said:

I take my Caterham up into the North York’s moors around Hawes and Buttertubs pass. Some great roads to explore around there.

Well I'm off to York next weekend so may have to go via here, thanks.

On 01/05/2022 at 12:10, stephenwhyte said:

Love it - I like to think I somehow influenced this spec….when I was one of the first to go Fire Red back in ‘18😉

Enjoy - they’re truly mental and great fun, and the public you pass by on your way, will love it!!😎

You may well have done, unfortunately I did not spec the car however I dont think I would change anything, was tempted to do the wheels black but in the flesh the graphite really pops.

Well yes most of the public do love the car, however I have had some elderly walkers go mental at me, I think because of the sound they think you are going twice as quick, got a bollocking for doing 40 in a 60 as the exhaust had just come on to song! 🙃 

On 01/05/2022 at 22:39, duncx said:

Aha! So it's you that bought it then :thumbup:  I've cast my eyes over that car numerous times at Oakmere and even had a quick sit in it once, don't worry, I was wearing clean trousers at the time :lol:

What area of Manchester are you? If possible you REALLY need to get into the Peak District and join some of our Sunday morning runs with the Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC). We have a few regulars with Exige V6 cars and we know ALL the best roads :)

Drop me a line and we can arrange a run out 👍

Cheers

Duncan

Yes it was me! I was originally going for a vortex grey 410 sport however it was only a few thousand cheaper than this unregistered 420. I have just checked now and it is still for the sale with a price reduction of £5000 which is actually what I offered them. I am happy with my choice!

I actually live in the city center, I had a little trip out on Monday to 'The Rams Head' need to explore more though as it was only a quick trip out.

Id love to join you guys though, will get in touch.

Thanks for all the comments, appreciate it 👍

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if the final editions have a transmission cooler?

I found this but it's for the 350/380

https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-exige/mk3-toyota-v6350380/gearbox/107/transmission-oilcooler-kit-exige-v6

I do notice my trans doesn't shift as nicely on a hot track.

On 04/05/2022 at 09:16, By420 said:

Well yes most of the public do love the car, however I have had some elderly walkers go mental at me, I think because of the sound they think you are going twice as quick, got a bollocking for doing 40 in a 60 as the exhaust had just come on to song! 🙃 

I swear they designed it to pop like crazy at exactly 60kmph i was once doing downhill maintaining 60kmph and it just kept popping for a minute straight without touching any pedals.

On 22/05/2022 at 09:55, DangerousDave said:

Anyone know if the final editions have a transmission cooler?

I found this but it's for the 350/380

https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-exige/mk3-toyota-v6350380/gearbox/107/transmission-oilcooler-kit-exige-v6

I do notice my trans doesn't shift as nicely on a hot track.

I swear they designed it to pop like crazy at exactly 60kmph i was once doing downhill maintaining 60kmph and it just kept popping for a minute straight without touching any pedals.

yes

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve enquired about one of the last 420’s and asked about connecting the button to keep the exhaust valve open, which I know has been done with most of the 410’s.

The dealer wasn’t sure if this was possible so spoke to Lotus and they’ve said the redundant wire that the button connected to has been removed and it’s not possible to do any manual overrides.

Has anyone got a 420 and been able to sort this out. The other issue is whether this would bugger up the warranty.

Cheers

@HXT there has already been debate around this plug. We think Lotus used many different remaining parts to finish Final editions, thus every one is a bit different. Luckily for you, there is very simple way to check you car. Remove lower wheel shroud (4 screws) and look under dash. On my car and most of them there is loose wire with connector clearly labeled Exhaust Valve or something like that shortened. It's on the left side on my car, but my car is LHD and might differ.

While you car is started, use bit of wire or something conductable to create a short contact between only two pins in there. The car dash should show text EX.OPEN or EX.SHUT bottom center with blue coloring. If it does that, you are in luck and you should order button part (60€) and install it there same way. I think you have around 50% chance it works, I'm one of lucky ones on my 390.

Edited by Inversed

My 390 threw up an ecu fault when the dealer tried,  I couldn’t select any different drive modes until lotus issued some kind of reset code and cleared it.

The dealer then said it wasn’t doable on my car. I’ve never tried since as I like the jekyll/Hyde nature of the valve at 4.5k

Edited by 390ja

Thanks for the replies.

I’ve not bought the car yet as I really would prefer the option of leaving the valve open. For me it’s a bit of a deal breaker unfortunately.

It seems like it’s pot luck as to whether the fixes will work. I don’t think the dealer would be prepared to check if this is doable now after they spoke to Lotus.

It you want it open all the time, it's a vacuum actuated valve and can be effectively 'jammed' open using the pipework or have someone open it up and remove the butterfly. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Or as many people have done, just fit a little fish tank valve in the vacuum pipe. You can then switch between 'always open' and 'factory operation' in a matter of seconds.

Thanks again for the replies.

Just found the thread about the fish tank valve.

Spend 80+K on a car but don’t forget the £5 fish tank valve…….you’ve got to love Lotus.

20 hours ago, HXT said:

Spend 80+K on a car but don’t forget the £5 fish tank valve…….you’ve got to love Lotus.

You can’t blame Lotus for EU/UK noise regulations. How about ‘wow, it will only cost me £5 to get around them…’?

• Like 1

On 13/06/2022 at 11:58, Bravo73 said:

You can’t blame Lotus for EU/UK noise regulations. How about ‘wow, it will only cost me £5 to get around them…’?

It was meant to be more a comment on the ingenuity of Lotus owners. I get that Lotus had no option due to new regulations.

On 30/04/2022 at 01:09, By420 said:

Hello all, first post as it’s my first lotus. I have wanted to get back in a decent car for a while, recently injured my knee and can’t do anything I usually would so thought now is the time to explore the UK in something a bit special. So decided to borderline bankrupt myself and buy an Exige 420 Final edition. Forgot I was 6ft3 with one operational knee but I make it work. If anyone could recommend some decent roads around Manchester I would appreciate it. Anyways…

26BAF3D6-B309-436C-8504-71731DF629F8.jpeg

B7E17D70-6A7E-4496-AFD4-8F11BC826857.jpeg

6EFA4133-391B-48D5-915A-4CEF9D9D4FF3.jpeg

E1FF3C98-BF06-4F91-B8E6-7BB1B328F4F3.jpeg

C4ABF00D-DCDA-4236-94AB-1672293067BC.jpeg

D7E5EC42-1FAD-49AF-88F8-7BFA49ABC5B8.jpeg

Congrats, that's the nicest color I've seen on an Exige. BTW: what is the color name?