Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Goodwood Festival of Speed 2021 - Page 4 - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2021

pete

2 hours ago, hml_xy said:

Received an email update yesterday, stating that work happens behind the scenes with the british gov to establish FOS as a pilot event.

This makes it unlikely we will be able to make it from Germany. What a pity, Lotus in the spotlight, the new car being shown... gutted! 

On the other hand: I may have a whole bunch of tickets soon that I can offer to TLF people that want to go. Sadly I might have to ask money for them since it would be a bit too much to give away for free. Not sure if FOS will offer a way to return them in case people can't make it under these circumstances.

<quote>

On Monday evening we contacted you to let you know how the Prime Minister’s statement affected this year’s Festival of Speed presented by Mastercard, due to take place from 8 - 11 July.

At this point in time, we are still in discussions with the Events Research Programme (ERP) and the UK Government about what the next series of pilot events will look like, which we hope will include the Festival of Speed.

With the event only three weeks away, we know that our customers will need confirmation on the next steps of the event as a matter of urgency, which remains a priority for us at Goodwood. Rest assured a lot of work is being done behind the scenes to create a safe and enjoyable event for our customers, whilst maintaining all the exciting and fun elements our visitors love.

</quote>

Very sorry to hear that you may not be able to attend. If this is the case would you kindly add me to your list for three tickets?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 16/06/2021 at 09:27, Bling said:

The London Classic Car Show at the end of June and the Stonor Supercar Sunday at the beginning of July have said they are still going ahead so I don't see why the FoS should be any different.

Stonor is allowed to go ahead as they meet the previous 17 May lockdown rules, events with up to 4000 people.  FOS doesn't meet these unfortunately.

• Like 1

On 19/06/2021 at 12:41, Frickin_idiot said:

Very sorry to hear that you may not be able to attend. If this is the case would you kindly add me to your list for three tickets?

I may have to ask Goodwood for some form of official refund since I will not be able to attend. Selling them one by one would be my last resort in case FOS doesn't accept my request for refund (can't make it to the UK due to the delta variant putting the country on the german list of mandatory, unavoidable 14 days of quarantine on return).

I have 8 full weekend passes + 2 grandstand badges + 2 campsite H passes (which technicaly havent arrived from the rollover of 2020). Getting rid of them separately would be a bit painful. Not trying to get the refund would be a very expensive trainwreck.

And most of all, I would really prefer to attend myself! 😣

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, hml_xy said:

I may have to ask Goodwood for some form of official refund since I will not be able to attend. Selling them one by one would be my last resort in case FOS doesn't accept my request for refund (can't make it to the UK due to the delta variant putting the country on the german list of mandatory, unavoidable 14 days of quarantine on return).

I have 8 full weekend passes + 2 grandstand badges + 2 campsite H passes (which technicaly havent arrived from the rollover of 2020). Getting rid of them separately would be a bit painful. Not trying to get the refund would be a very expensive trainwreck.

And most of all, I would really prefer to attend myself! 😣

Totally understand! I hope that it all works out for you.

• Gold FFM

Those of you who are double jabbed don't even need to have a test... Unfortunately, I'm not quite there yet! Oh the woes of youth 😄

• Gold FFM
On 21/06/2021 at 16:36, JNW3 said:

Goodwood just announced FOS is go!! New COVID regs so check their site but all ticket holders are confirmed to be able to attend 😊👏🏻👏🏻🎉 

And cheers for the ticket Sir much appreciated. Day should be amazing, then Sparkles is staying in the pub up the road from me, that should be a nice sedate one 😂

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

My appreciation also!  Maybe just a wee dram...

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Everybody that was hoping to get some tickets from me. "Sadly" I was able to get a credit from the ticketing office of FOS for the full balance.

Means I haven't got any tickets to share or sell anymore, but also won't be able to attend the festival myself. 

See you all hopefully 2022!

• Like 1

Another update from the FOS this evening., 

Worth noting that for those who have both jabs:

• Please note: vaccine cards issued at vaccination centres are not an acceptable form of proof of vaccination.

• Gold FFM

So, what IS acceptable?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

6 minutes ago, Sparky said:

So, what IS acceptable?

We went here and then...

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

Wife got her status letter by post this am. I assume that is what we need. I did the App thing, but the app download expires at end july

• Like 1

Not the NHS covid app but the standard NHS app but as above expires on 24th July which i don't understand

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

The letter the wife got does not seem to have an expiry date, so I have requested a letter as well. Got the app to work but so frustrating doing all the security checks, pics, vids....numbers.....  driving licence... text messages on mobile ....

• Gold FFM

Cheers, finally found it via the (non-COVID) NHS app.  Somewhat convoluted, but now have the QR code.  Validity is probably 1 month, so maybe it'll roll?

3 minutes ago, pete said:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/.       Evidently when you have had 2 vaccinations your NHS covid pass renews every 28 days

But then the printed pdf off the app has an expiry date, so  I assume that you may have to go back on the app get a new code thing , this probably applies to those who have downloaded and then printed the app's pdf output.

21 hours ago, hml_xy said:

Everybody that was hoping to get some tickets from me. "Sadly" I was able to get a credit from the ticketing office of FOS for the full balance.

Means I haven't got any tickets to share or sell anymore, but also won't be able to attend the festival myself. 

See you all hopefully 2022!

Sorry you won't be going Heiner. I know it is annoying when you have been looking forward to something. At least you are not out of pocket and thank you for offering the Sunday tickets when they were spare, that was very kind of you.

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner