Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Who will buy a 131? - Page 10 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Who will buy a 131?

PAR

33 days to go   I wonder if we will see any actual spy shots rather than possible images.

• Like 1

Had mine down for a good few weeks now but seems like a long time already! let alone waiting to take delivery IF I go ahead..(sure I will though!) Can't wait for more info and pics to start with.🤩

Edited by JCR
  • Like 2

I've now see at least different mock-ups which could border on being somewhat realistic.

One of them looks shite and two of them look good. 

Keep the faith - One calendar month to go from here!  Yee Hiii

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I just checked the Simply Sports Cars website here in Australia. (the Lotus Dealer) 

They are going to bring them here for sale. I wonder if they will only bring ones that are a guaranteed sale or if they will bring in 2 demo cars? One for Sydney and one for Melbourne.

I wonder how long it will be until one actually hits our shores? :coffee: 

I should start a book.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

@Evotion livestream on Lotus cars website; one and half days earlier! Appreciate not seeing car in the flesh, but not sure I can wait any longer. 

image.png

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Ha. true.

It is bad enough now but come July I will need to take some tranquilisers  🤾‍♀️

• Like 2

On 20/06/2021 at 08:52, simonb said:

have deposit on a 4 cylinder, whenever that comes

Choice of a v6 for £80K or an AMG engine for £55K is an easy choice for me, particularly when you browse Brabus (warrantied) upgrade options on the (assumed) a35

Fair shout. Turbos are relatively easy to tweak for more performance.  

I will drive both of course anyway. Will be interesting to see the real world, daily driving difference.

The V6 might have options that you REALLY want that are not on the 4-CYl and suddenly the price gap changes your perception.

Saying that, I suspect that the V6, with the options I want, will be 100k but we will see.

• Like 1

On 17/06/2021 at 09:49, Evotion said:

Will be interesting to hear your whole nuts and bolts review of that.

Did the "review" in the Evora section of the forum 😉

• Like 2
For the few who know the difference

I look forward the new Lotus Emira - for sure it will  be an amazing car. Lotus ended 3 model ranges to be replaced with with just 1 new model - they are not suicidal, it will be a great car for sure.

I for one hope that my wonderful Lotus Exige EX460 Vivid Green will be with me for many years (and trackdays) to come and that there will be no necessity to replace it with an Emira.

• Like 1

On 16/06/2021 at 15:22, AK70 said:

Alright, alright, alright... Digesting the latest news about the Emira, read here in the forum..  So the 4-banger will be a Mercedes AMG.. mhmm that will be something to think about.. not bad Lotus, not bad at all...

I am in the game of buying a last combustion engined car for me that would replace my Evora. I am about to test drive a Cayman GTS 4.0 in the next week.. So I hope we hear and SEE  more of the Emira shortly, so that it saves me from buying the Porsche..  😉 

Side note: my wife said, the Cayman looks good, but it is a Porsche and you are a Lotus guy....I hope she is right.. 😉

Never go against the wife’s advice - it always ends badly 😀

1 hour ago, scotty435 said:

Deposit put down this afternoon.

Fantastic news!

9 hours ago, Ali tuck said:

To go with or replace- I’m intrigued !!

Replace 

• Like 2

@scotty435 I will gladly pay you a small consideration to take custody of your soon to be worthless evora. I’ll be that friend you need 🤗😘

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 23/05/2021 at 17:23, TomE said:

I've been getting emails from Lotus and B&C about Goodwood and the dealer events, so it looks like registering does actually work now!

Has anyone else got any such response(s) after registering on the Lotus web site? I had 1 initial email from Lotus and 1 from Hendy, but nothing since.

I would have thought with less than a week to go they would have been some communication. 

• Gold FFM

I’ve had nothing recently, bit of a miss by Lotus but I guess the last email did give the date for live launch and Goodwood.

I contacted B&C this week as I’d heard nothing more from them about Goodwood arrangements for deposit holders.  So at least that’s now sorted, but it’s the same old issue of dealers and factory not communicating.

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

Has anyone else got any such response(s) after registering on the Lotus web site? I had 1 initial email from Lotus and 1 from Hendy, but nothing since.

I would have thought with less than a week to go they would have been some communication. 

I'm not sure that Hendy's marketing team has had the chance to get fully up to speed with Lotus brand marketing yet. They obviously have big ambitions with the number of Lotus showrooms they have opened recently. There is a bit of gulf, specifically around the Emira launch, between the dealer network and Lotus right now. This may be deliberate on Lotus behalf to keep the Emira under wraps until launch.