Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 42 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

• Gold FFM
On 10/10/2021 at 21:30, Mctaff said:

Seems like a direct conversion of the uk price into Aussie dollars, plus the bonkers 33% luxury car tax on top.

Whereas it appears Porsche up their price for the Aussie market, as it’s not a direct conversion

in the uk both cars are roughly equivalent in price once you’ve put a few options onto the GTS to align the  specs…, so I think the Aussie price is a bargain 

i could buy a 75k GTS here and sell it a year later for roughly the same price. Regardless, I’m about to cancel my GTS deposit 😁

Except as far as I am aware, the luxury car tax was initiated to protect the Australian car industry?

What car industry? That has all left these shores and will never return.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, it's delayed, it's Lotus. :D

Still waiting for my Elise soft top from September... I'm used to waiting.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

You're right, we both know you are.

Especially if they are targeting Porsche owners... as they have been for a long time.

• Like 2

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, DaveC72 said:

Plan?  There's a plan?  Nothing heard on the promised November update for i4 orders.  I get that things shift, things change and complications arise.  10 mins to send a mail that says something along the lines of, "if you're waiting for an i4, hang in there, we will be in touch".  If Lotus want to move to a position of better market perception, this needs to change.  Lotus enthusiasts will (mostly) accept this. as we're used to it - not that that's ok - I'm not sure if prospective customers or those new to the brand will be overly enamoured.

I'm still excited, and think it will be a great car, especially in i4 guise, but getting just a bit hacked off with the absence of info and comms.

I'm not sure where the promise of Nov came from.  When Lotus did calls to people about V6 FE or i4 choices I thought they'd told people it would be early 2022 for next contact about process for i4 FE or Base V6/i4.

The V6 FE people have been told to expect a substantial update later in January on various matters, including indicative dates, finance options, delivery options etc and this will be part of an update to all deposit holders.

I agree comms has been poor and they need to step up.  I know Lotus are aware of the mood amongst many of us and are now taking steps to improve.  Let's see what comes later in the month.

The good news is approvals, logistics and production are on track for first customer deliveries in June.  A month later than originally hoped, but they plan to ramp up more quickly to catch up.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hedgerley said:

Next week's Autocar if anyone is interested....

Have to visit a newsagent. Lotus must know that this article will be published, may be that will create some sort of incentive to release some info?

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
38 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

The promise came from Lotus themselves.  At an event.  And a follow up email to me. 

I'll find the post I put up at the time in a bit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2022 at 06:34, DaveC72 said:

Plan?  There's a plan?  Nothing heard on the promised November update for i4 orders.  I get that things shift, things change and complications arise.  10 mins to send a mail that says something along the lines of, "if you're waiting for an i4, hang in there, we will be in touch".  If Lotus want to move to a position of better market perception, this needs to change.  Lotus enthusiasts will (mostly) accept this. as we're used to it - not that that's ok - I'm not sure if prospective customers or those new to the brand will be overly enamoured.

I'm still excited, and think it will be a great car, especially in i4 guise, but getting just a bit hacked off with the absence of info and comms.

This why I canceled my order last year I was supposed to get a I4 Emira and a first edition at that but the wait not a lot of info and honestly as a new person coming to the brand hearing others say that this okay I couldn’t do it to my self also the car interior I saw it and it is not okay for me at this price point sorry 

• Gold FFM

What were the issues with the interior? Other people that have seen the models that have been circulating for viewing, have said that the interior is a definite step up.

Interested to know what you thought was not ok? Other people may be as well.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

3 hours ago, Mrandres6935 said:

This why I canceled my order last year I was supposed to get a I4 Emira and a first edition at that but the wait not a lot of info and honestly as a new person coming to the brand hearing others say that this okay I couldn’t do it to my self also the car interior I saw it and it is not okay for me at this price point sorry 

At this price point? I’m interested in what other cars you are comparing the interior to at £60-£75k. In my opinion, unless you spend £200k+ the quality of interiors do not step up

I’m in the USA we have C8 corvette here true performance  which you guys have also coming to the UK at 82,000 pounds and the Porsches here that competes with the Emira which are actually sold and have a proper dealer network and interior options now in the UK is different also there not a lot on information about the Emira no one has driven the Emira except for Jensen who is paid to be there now they don’t communicate well with the people who are buying the car Except for simple emails that are general that they’re sending for everyone across the board the same information that you’re a priority customer that’s not very helpful honestly from what I’ve noticed through this entire forum is that everybody here just likes his vehicle for looks handling which in the real world where it’s gonna be driven most of the time you guys will never use it fully and performance is okay not great  and not the best utility and usability for every day use

• Gold FFM

@Mrandres6935, what has any of the above reply got to do with the interior of the Emira? I have seen the C8 in person and while I have not seen an Emira, I still think that it looks much better. The interior of the C8 did nothing for me.

If you like the C8, good on you. I don't know if you have ever driven a Lotus? You can have a lot of fun with all the available power.

Anyway, best of luck with whatever decision you have made. Be aware that by the sounds of things, you have made that decision based on very limited information.

@Mrandres6935from reading your posts since you join it was obvious to me you would be buying a C8 over a Lotus.

As to interior, each to their own, but the C8's hurts my eyes and that long line of buttons looks like a zipper to me.

As I have said before, wish you well with your C8. Go drive it.

Oh and by the way you will read I'm not an Emira fan boy.

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, Eagle7 said:

Reading a report on another forum of members who were invited to a special day at Hethel to see everything and how things are moving along.  The report is extremely good, and there is specific mention of how the seats are MUCH MUCH better (his words and emphasis) than the one's that people have seen in the blue and gray cars.  The comments about how much effort is being put into the quality of everything in the interior are great to read.  The first press review car is done and ready, and will be shown on Top Gear.  There's a countdown clock everywhere in the factory of 45 days until actual production of customer cars begins.  There are cars in all 6 of the FE colors.  Monday the 24th there will be a big update on the Lotus website, including a completely new configurator that will allow you to choose studio or outdoor lighting, and even see your config on a car going up the Big Sur highway in California.  Colors on the new configurator are supposed to be far more accurate.

He and the others that were invited, got to meet and speak with Matt Windle at a luncheon, and they also met other members of executive management, including Scott Walker.

One of the guys who attended said this as a result of all he saw "If any one out there is on the fence..... get your money down now...... or you are going to be at the end of a long list"

Greg and Andrew were there on Thursday.  @Evotion and I were there yesterday.  Extensive tour of production areas, saw loads of pre-prod cars (including all 6 FE colours), heard running cars (including on track), long chats with senior management.  Greg's write up covers a lot.  Ade and I will be posting our thoughts today/tomorrow.

• Like 1

@Mrandres6935 You think the dealer network for the Emira is poor in the USA? There is only ONE dealer (West London) and ONE service centre (Manchester) in the entire UK for the Corvette C8. That’s just not a viable proposition for the vast majority of their potential customer base here. Emira all the way for them!

Coming via Aston and Porsche the interior is a small step down sure, but I thought it was great! 

if they have 6 painted [real] FE cars why on earth do I want an updated configurator showing me rendered [fake] images of the car??!

Just publish some photos of the real cars ffs!!!

tom… what’s the green like? Are you sworn to secrecy??!

Edited by Mctaff
  • Like 1