Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 13 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

1 hour ago, duncx said:

The strain was becoming overwhelming and I've cracked early - dealer deposit placed :lol:

Nice one Dunc, what's it going to be? i4 or V6?

I know Dave but I have a plan based on the 'more usable daily' promises from Lotus - I'm not planning on selling the Cup :)

Phil, absolutely no idea, let's see what's on offer and at what prices eh? :lol:

Edited by duncx
  • Like 2

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/lotus/emira/

Give me the Emira's performance specs

The 3.5-litre V6 will produce 394bhp with either a manual or auto transmission, while the AMG motor, which arrives later, is good for 355bhp and drops CO2 below 180g/km. Lotus is targeting a sub-4.5-second 0-62mph time and a top speed of up to 180mph

If this is all true its very disappointing! I was hoping for 450bhp minimum, guess I will wait for the S2 or a decent special edition

Edited by j141
  • Like 1

Underwhelmed....

need to see one in the flesh, then drive it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, j141 said:

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/lotus/emira/

Give me the Emira's performance specs

The 3.5-litre V6 will produce 394bhp with either a manual or auto transmission, while the AMG motor, which arrives later, is good for 355bhp and drops CO2 below 180g/km. Lotus is targeting a sub-4.5-second 0-62mph time and a top speed of up to 180mph

If this is all true its very disappointing! I was hoping for 450bhp minimum, guess I will wait for the S2 or a decent special edition

OK, I'm waiting for the R version as this car whilst it looks stunning is slower than my 410 Sport.

Suits me, 2 years to save for the car, I'll be 56 and about to retire with probably my last ever bought sports car!

Well done Lotus. A cracking car. Looks superb inside and out. Well and truly chuffed for you. Still pissed you fooked up the 131 invites and I could not get in. I'll get over it!

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 minute ago, Mark030358 said:

Underwhelmed....

need to see one in the flesh, then drive it.

When  was the last time you were in Specsavers?   :wine::rofl:

11 minutes ago, j141 said:

It's going to be around for 5+ years, so 394bhp at launch, 410 S, 430S+ and something like 460 for R I bet.....

I will have one. Just not one at 394bhp.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Knowing nothing of prices or powers as yet (just finished watching the launch), any thought of weakening and having one without a gear lever, should it be more desirable or accessible in some way, were scotched by seeing Jenson Button change gear.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

When  was the last time you were in Specsavers?   :wine::rofl:

I agree with Mark, it looks nice but thats where it ends, sub 400bhp  4.5 sec 0-60 no thanks

Edited by j141
  • Like 1

Really enjoyed the launch and look forward to seeing all the specs and prices but, oh those wheels on the blue one 🙄.

By far too ornate for my liking and takes the eyes away from the cars lines on the side view. 

• Like 2

I like the interior a lot, yup the ergonomics are very Geely-Volvo but that is no bad thing.

1 minute ago, j141 said:

Im holding out for the Emira GT430 Sport :rofl:

it will be call GT440

• Haha 1

Other than the Evija if this is their only car going forward I expect there will be shit loads of variants of all tune levels and trim, 4 cylinder light weight aimed at the Elise/Exige crowd and the V6 aimed at the Evora crowd etc etc

Edited by j141
  • Like 1