Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 14 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

6 minutes ago, Mysterae said:

I can see why they didn't want to call it the Esprit reborn.

Maybe just "Esprit" :rofl:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I’m slightly underwhelmed and can’t figure out why.   The black one, when moving at least, lacked aggression at the front.  The interior looks good but the instrument binnacle looked like it was lacking any real shape - lacking character perhaps.  I reckon sitting in my Evora with the Oyster wraparound leather is more of an event.  All just my opinion of course.

I don’t doubt the quality will be a massive step up, and the looks will probably grow on me, but I wonder whether Lotus played it a little safe with the styling to make it have such a wide appeal.   Right now I’m pretty happy (and lucky) to have a lovely Mustard S1 Elise and Quartz S1 Evora LE in the garage.  

That said I’m at Goodwood on Thursday and Friday so things may change - and probably will 😂😂😂

I think the wheels on the blue one will be optional - I reckon the black one had the standard wheels fitted, they were perhaps an inch smaller too?

I was expecting a 380hp i4 and 450hp V6, seems to be a lot less than that, not much of a headline grabber…

2 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Wow! Looks like they got it just right!

Lotus-Emira-Side.jpg

buddsy

It’s not for you. Not with that level of technology. 

• Haha 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Excellent presentation! And what a car! Good for you Lotus!

Looking forward to configurator and test drive ;-)

• Like 1
For the few who know the difference

1 minute ago, Daveb99 said:

I’m slightly underwhelmed and can’t figure out why

My view as well, have to see the detail specs and what other versions may be on the horizon, can't see me replacing the gt430 for the Emira in the 'near' future, but will see it at Goodwood.

• Like 2

It looks good and has a bit of Ferrari 458 Italia at the front. But as others have said I am not sure of the whole package, it looks a bit awkward in places and I just don’t think it will be raw enough to replace the exige and evora gt’s.

maybe when I see it at goodwood I will change my mind however.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Maybe people didn't catch the comment by Jenson when he was driving or just afterward when he said that it does not feel like the car needs more horsepower really and that it will beat many other cars?

Maybe that was a Jenson Button lookalike?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

24 minutes ago, Daveb99 said:

I’m slightly underwhelmed and can’t figure out why.   The black one, when moving at least, lacked aggression at the front.  

I was expecting a 380hp i4 and 450hp V6, seems to be a lot less than that, not much of a headline grabber…

I couldn't agree more! I'm no professional but I feel the Evija front just doesn't work well with the proportions of the Emira. On the Evija it benefits from being very wide and the lower design creates more aggression. This seem to be some weird mix between that and an Elise and it looks way to cute. I will need to see it with some added splitters, or a more aggressive race version to be in love. 

The power while I knew would be exactly illustrated is still a major let down. This car at 475hp to 500hp would have been the real deal (GT3 positioning at a lower price point). 400hp on anything costing more than 80k unless you are a Porsche is a hard sell. So I wish them the best on that..

I hope the US gets a special gt430 like version otherwise I don't see the need to upgrade 

Edited by BoostedTrav
  • Like 2

Hmm I’m not sure how I feel about it.  Some angles I’m: “take my money now!”  Other angles I’m: “meh”.

The blue one definitely shows of the lines and sculpture much better than the black one.

The i4 power level is about what I was expecting but I was expecting the 410/430 version of the V6 engine to be released. Maybe with newer regulations etc…  the old engine can’t be made to go higher?

I was also hoping with it being a dedicated 2 seater rather than 2+2 the weight might be closer to 1300kg. 

• Like 1

Appears first cars will be v6 only. Hmmm was quite happy with thought of base 4 cyl car as daily runner I could leave outside. 

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

5 minutes ago, DJW said:

Appears first cars will be v6 only. Hmmm was quite happy with thought of base 4 cyl car as daily runner I could leave outside. 

It’s a Lotus.  What are you thinking.  You know the footwells will be damp in the morning 🤣

• Haha 1

Good to hear Lotus will be calibrating the Merc engine and gearbox to how they want it.  Hopefully they’ll take out those fake pops and bangs.  

Edited by electro_boy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daveb99 said:

It’s a Lotus.  What are you thinking.  You know the footwells will be damp in the morning 🤣

Yep my first Evora I used as daily driver had that issue, plus boot leaking lol. Sorted in the end 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501