Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 24 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

Has anyone seen it at good wood and can explain the stick they have in the pictures? I assume this is an auto stick. Not sure I see the point anymore. We’re there paddles?

13 hours ago, Nathan Pitman said:

Hmm, Bhp for v6 not declared there. Would be lovely if it was 430. 

416 HP as Matt Windle told me in our chat on my video.   There is of course scope for it to reach 430, maybe 450 as time goes on.  

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, Giniw said:

(again a nicely chosen thumbnail)

What is going on with that wing @6:37?!? I was waiting for it to fall off.

I have since seen the hydraulic/air? rams that control it. I'm not an aerodynamicist, but on a road car, that's possibly the silliest wing that I have seen since some of the photos of those wacky mods that come out of Japan iirc.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Thanks Bibs.

Opened it, read it and watched the video. Still think it's silly.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, PAR said:

I mean this. It doesn’t look like a manual gear lever.

DB121230-ECDD-4C9B-8765-6E2FCF23206F.png

That’s the auto stick.  I’m guessing it does up/down shift as well as D/N/R.  There are steering wheel paddles too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

2000 deposits having been placed globally

Globally?  That is the UK !!! 😃

Chine released a few days ago. Not heard about the response yet.

16 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Oh and the yellow Evija has to be the most stunning car of the 21st century.

Yep, and that triple layer paint was breathtaking. 

I hope they kept some samples for a later Emira.  I'd have that for £3k extra. At £5k I ;d have to have a serious think.  Bargain to how much Ferrari charges for their Giallo Triplo which is very similar.

Ha, too late now methinks and couldn't get to that anyway, well, maybe 3 x i4s but the V6 is the big boy.

• Gold FFM
On 08/07/2021 at 07:08, greymira said:

Will people buy the AMG with a manual?

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

I take it, when you get an Emira, it's going to be grey? And the AMG only comes with a DCT if you haven't already read that somewhere on here.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say in there as well. :) 

• Gold FFM
On 07/07/2021 at 23:39, IwantOne said:

First post. Signed up because I just love the design of the Emira. I always thought the Elise was cool (and cute) though I never really wanted one (or any other Lotus) mostly because they are a bit too hardcore for me.

As I said I think the car looks amazing. Really clean lines and a nice shape. I think this is the kind of design that will still look good 20 years from now.

I don't understand why some people complain about the power. 360-400hpnos more than enough. Maybe not on the track but I'm happy Lotus isn't joining the insane horsepower race. It's just not necessary. There's not a lot of fun in driving on the road if pressing the loud pedal for 4 seconds puts you at twice the allowed speed on most roads (at least where I live).

I was also very surprised with the price that was announced. I'm not that rich but the announced price of around 60.000 pounds is within my reach.

Unfortunately it seems the v6 (the one I'd want, not so much because of the engine but the manual gearbox), is going to be way more expensive.

I mean it's understandable, both the 4pot and v6 are very comparable to the cayman and cayman gts 4.0 so why not price it that way? It's not like there is much choice when you want a "affordable" mid engine sportscar.

That said, I'm disappointed the 4pot won't have a manual available. I know 90+% of the potential buyers won't buy a manual but still.

It also makes me wonder about the value proposition a bit. The base model I think is good value for money (apart from the lack of a manual) if it's truly priced like a base cayman. I can see people buying it over the Porsche for the looks. But the v6? Looks like it will cost (significantly) more than the cayman gts 4.0 and at that point I think a lot of people will get the Porsche because it's a Porsche and you get a 911 engine and not Toyota engine that has been around forever. This isn't a dig at Lotus but just the way a lot of people think. If they want to sell 5000 a year I think it's needs something over the Cayman otherwise a lot of people will just pick the more well known badge (and the fact they can get in seviced at a lot more places).

PS. I wonder what the pricing will be like outside the UK. I just looked up the pricing for the Elise, Exige and evora in my location and even the Elise is close in price to what the Emira is supposed to cost for the base model. The Elise costs more than a base Cayman... The Exige and evora are actually over 85.000 pounds, much more than what the Cayman 4.0 goes for (72.000 pounds).

Anyway I can't wait to a Emira in the flesh. The design team can be proud for creating something so beautiful.

Have you any sort of spec in mind? Colour etc?

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

• Gold FFM
On 12/07/2021 at 03:37, LotAT said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it already or not:
The 4-cylinder Version will have 360hp as per the eBrochure on the official Website.

Also there is a new video on the Website:  https://77448790ecdce6d45774-3819184e75e4b8f6b5369812f0a4785e.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/emira/1121_ProjectGamma_30_ONLN_v002.mp4

Lotus_Emira_eBrochure.pdf 10.4 MB · 44 downloads

So are you thinking of getting an Emira?

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

Do you think they will do a roadster / spider convertible version? Seen a few mock ups already - I traded my 718 GTS in for a 911 GTS but I’ve just cancelled it, I’m thinking of an Emira but would prefer a soft top (or even both?!)

spacer.png

Edited by j600com
Typo

In one of the interviews they say they aren't doing a roadster/convertible/etc. But who knows, they may change their mind? It's possible they need the roof for structural reasons though.

Edited by JJ
Spelling

• Gold FFM

The big issue with making a convertible is the A pillars and across the top of the windscreen so that it won't crush in the event of a rollover. Highly unlikely that you would roll an Emira, but anyway.

I presume it is the entire crash test regime again as well?