Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Radford Motors + Lotus - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Radford Motors + Lotus

Final "Final Edition" for the Exige.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Not really, it's based on the Evora chassis so should this be the substitute for the non-existent Evora Final Edition?  :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm in love... 😍

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 06/05/2021 at 21:02, stephenwhyte said:

I know I’m sticking my neck out here......  but this is all wrong in my eyes😰

You're not alone, but we're a very very small club it seems. You're Chairman 🤣

I think it looks like a purposeful racing car that's been prepared for a press shoot. Could see the appeal in that context but not in the 'ultimate craftsmanship, luxury and driving pleasure' context it's being marketed in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing. Ant Anstead collared us at the A3 Starbucks the other week (three Lotus owners having a chat prior to a run out). He asked what we thought of the Radford and he did not get very complimentary comments, which rather surprised him. None of us could really see the point of the car.

I wish them well but I will be very surprised if they make it much beyond the first car. 

I will be intrigued how they squeeze 600bhp in road trim from the Toyota.

Justin

• Like 1

The point of the car is just because. It's a small team passion project that if successful they hope will lead onto more things for them. It's not meant to shake up the automotive landscape. 

They say they've sold most of the cars already....I hope it's true but I'm sceptical.

I was also very interested (and doubtful) on how they were getting 600bhp out of a non turbo 2gr-fe, but on further investigation it doesn't sound that unbelievable. The standard gearbox is a limitation, so they've replaced it with a paddlshift one. The other thing is the price they are charging for the full fat version means they can afford to spend money on the engine also.

I suspect photo's don't do the car justice, as I wasn't taken by the green or gold leaf versions, but the JPS is gorgeous. So if it's that colour dependant, then it probably also looks much better irl than in pics.

So glad they issued a clarification that it's based on an Evora GT chassis... and yet the people most closely involved say

"Although we started with the Exige platform – the B-surfaces are Exige – this is totally different. It’s longer and has new wishbones, new suspension, new arms, new uprights, a new exterior and a new interior.”

Jenson: “The only thing remaining from the Exige is the chassis and the bottom end of the engine; the rest is totally coachbuilt.”"

I'm interested to get a definitive answer, but my guess is it really is an Exige chassis. The horizontally mounted radiator with fans mounted on top, and the choice of windscreen wiper are clear clues based on hardpoints under the skin. Guess the interior will make it clearer!

Edited by Brendonian

Good points. I think the US market is their primary one, and the only Exige they have seen on the streets is an S2 from no later than 2011 or whatever it is. And the Evora is the only remaining current model. So maybe the "Evora" tag crept in in an attempt to prevent confusion (but has obviously only added to it).

My guess, especially with the weight claims are that is an Exige chassis, modified as Jenson says. I'm surprised that doesn't present some issues with getting it road legal in the US though, but perhaps there are none, or perhaps they have some low volume/niche dispensation or something. 

I'm sure the jps one would look even better without the ducktails though.... 😍

• Like 1

If I had the money, I don't, I would be having lunch with Mr. Button and handing him an envelope stuffed full of cash. I think this is a stunning car personally and would happily take one in Gold Leaf colours of red, white and gold. I love it and think as a "recreation continuation model" it's just stunning.

Can understand why some don't like it, and that's fine with me, we're all different.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

You and me both! Though I'd chose either the Classic as a manual or the all out JPS, not the Gold Leaf.

Mind you, I haven't seen a price or estimate and wouldn't know who to contact if it turns out I could afford it (after selling some body parts). I guess if you have to ask, you know the answer...

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

3 minutes ago, Escape said:

I haven't seen a price or estimate and wouldn't know who to contact

iirc around £600k!!!  :shock:

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I've also seen the 0.5 million figure, but unsure where that came from, for which version, in which currency (£ or $) and incl or excl tax, which all does make a difference.

Luckily I have another project I'm very eager to begin, at much lower cost. 😉

Filip

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Does anyone have any burning questions they'd like asked, happy to assist!

Just the one: when can I take it for a test drive? 😁

Well done Bibs, looking forward to your report and pictures!

Filip