Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Configurator is Now LIVE - Page 8 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Configurator is Now LIVE

Frickin_idiot

I placed my deposit on the 6th July, before the Hethel reveal, and I've not had the 0330 phone call. I got the email from Lotus to book my 'priority viewing' on the roadshow but that (and of course my deposit confirmation email) is the only contact I've ever had from them.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
32 minutes ago, Evotion said:

Yep, only about 5k difference is most people's opinion.

This 0-60 thing...  Always feels great but it is only a part of a bigger picture.

I believe Lotus is playing this down and I actually expect the cars to hit 4.0s once the journos start hammering them.  Of course, when the AMG i4 gets to the same sort of 400+ power figure it will be even faster - DCT always is.  

I am not going to wait for that. We could be talking 2024. 

The engineer I spoke to at Goodwood said they were tuning the i4 also for torque - so I expect it to be higher than in the a45 - as we know, torque is as important as power :)

1 hour ago, Emiralust said:

I feel for the sales team not being able to share the FE AMG i4 price as obviously that is a defining factor for a lot of people who can't decide between which engine, that being said you can definitely get a pretty good idea of the price. As I was told a while ago at goodwood the Lotus representative told me that the i4 was sub £60k like we all know and that the V6 was not that much over £60k, being in the conversation I took that as £63-£65k. He also said like we already know that the FE would be about £15k of options at a discounted price, £12k for economy of scales production probably isn't a bad guess.

Therefore your FE AMG i4 is most likely going to be £3-£5k less than the V6 configurator meaning it will be in the £70,995-£72,995 bracket. my guess would be £71,995

I do hope you're right Matt, if I can get the FE I4, add the black pack with stitched leather steering wheel for £75K, its a done deal. I'd much prefer a fully loaded car to a base model, I just like creature comforts and I'm not in this as a purist. Its tight so cant really justify the V6 with the same options, the auto box with all my time in traffic would be essential so it would be tipped up to the £80K mark plus a lot more taxes. I know for some the cost isn't the main deciding factor but for me, I could afford the I4 and in time, pay to have the HP increased to where it needs to be. I'm sure there will be a bunch of tuners who will be interested in boosting the Emira's 360HP.

We were always aware the FE cars would come first and they would be quite a bit more but I'd hate to hear of lots of people walking away from such a beautiful car as is being discussed, just down to a lack of relatively basic information. Just release a bit more pricing info please Lotus.........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Errr, the future is electric, apparently!

HaHa- i see that did sound like a really dumb statement on my part - I meant the V6 will be discontinued and the i4 will remain, which seems to be the commonly accepted view.

However its a fair point - so if you have to wait until 23 for a base car, when is the Electric sports car due?

• Haha 1

construction and property consultants : My company

The new factory in China will surely bring out a different range of electric Lotus cars, an SUV most likely coming first, but its been said sports cars will be made in Hethel. I don't know if the new facilities could accommodate making a new electric car , Evija excluded, alongside the Emira but I imagine they'll keep Emira going for as long as is financially viable, and Mercedes will be keen to have income from AMG for as long as possible too.

The biggest issue I can see with product development, special versions etc is most likely going to be due to restrictive emissions rules making it harder and harder to produce higher performance cars. 

6 hours ago, philnotts said:

Did they mention when you have to pay the extra 3k and how long you have before your spec, chosen through the link, is locked in?

Yes, by November 5th.

Which is irksome for those of us who don't get to see the car until the 4th

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Claymore said:

I think there will be a lot of people who were enticed by the starting price feeling the same today?

I suspect you are right.

Of course, Lotus might well be happy if most people go for the V6 now and that takes up 3/4 of the FE allocation.  I do feel sorry for those just wanting the i4. There is less clarity now and understand the concerns of waiting longer for a car with so many unknowns.

However, one positive 'might' be that due to the longer waiting time for the FE i4 and own spec cars at ;east these people might be able the drive the V6 to see if they love the car in principle.

I can only suggest keeping it simple. 

If you want a manual get the FE V6.

If you want the DCT and its daily driving prowess, wait and get the i4.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, DJW said:

Also had the £3k call with do I want to lock in configurator spec for V6FE or for i4FE.  As per others asked what is price of i4 to be told don’t know, to which my reply was how do you expect me to make a decision when I’ve only got half the info….. all done in a pleasant manner and had a joke with poor sales lady that it must be a nightmare for her on these calls with limited info. 

Asked if colour swabs would be available at dealers with the car tour, to which answer was yes.  All good as I pointed out I couldn’t make a decision on colour based on configurator. 

Also pointed out it’s been shared the base i4 in 2023 will start at £60k. Asked what the V6 would be.  Unable to answer. 

Then asked there is mention of new colours for 2022.  What are they, when will they be announced and can they be used for FE.  Again unable to answer. 

Not the most organised sales approach is it 🤪

These are some of the many questions I've already written down to ask the Lotus folks at the roadshow.  Along with what are the prices of the packs/options and the discount for FE versus adding the options individually.  I'm very probably going V6 FE but would like to understand about own spec and extra colours.

On behalf of all the potential i4 owners (and I see a lot of interest from people new to Lotus, which would be great to see Lotus win over) I would also like to see info on i4 FE pricing soon.  Plus US pricing and other countries.  Dribbling it out comes across as Lotus only being interested in selling what they've got, rather than understanding the buying behaviours of people they are trying to bring in to first time Lotus ownership.  The comms to deposit holders has been a mess too.

• Like 2

Just a thought - we have all assumed the i4 will be cheaper than the V6 but did anyone ever get this confirmed or is it still hearsay?

The Lotus Cars Emira page lists the base car at £59,995 but does not state the engine.

The First Edition states "From" £75.995 which is of course the V6 when you delve into configure.

This kind of suggests the i4 LE may actually be higher? 

construction and property consultants : My company

Is it me 🙄 I just cannot get into the configurator last night or this morning ⁉️

I think it’s a caching issue. If you open an incognito window in your web browser it should work fine.

On an iPhone/iPad to fix you can go to the Emira page, turn internet/WiFi off on your device then refresh the page (which will complain no internet), then turn WiFi back on and refresh the page again.

Edited by Mickle

On 20/09/2021 at 19:36, Claymore said:

Maybe it’s just me but I’m feeling very unimpressed currently.  I got all excited when I saw the Emira and it’s pricing was going to start below £60k.  For me this car is all about the looks, the sound and the way it drives.  I don’t even care if it’s got a radio let alone heavy electric seats.

We we’re emailed telling us we were priority customers and would know everything first and then I’m told by a mate the pricing etc is all over the internet.  Nothing communicated to me from Lotus and so much for you’ll be the first to know.

So I now find myself needing to wait to some point in 2023 for delivery and I’m going to be asked tor more money with only the most basic of information. I don’t know how much it will cost me to spec the car in colour and interior or if that price will be fixed or change over time. I don’t even know performance for the I4 or how it will sound.  And there is the wait.

Really struggling to stay in despite how much I wanted this car.  I think there will be a lot of people who were enticed by the starting price feeling the same today?

Hello I agree as well October 1 is for the USA pricing but I’m looking at a corvette C8 as well I love the look of the Emira but there is lots of information that I’m learning more on all the forums instead of lotus giving us information and honest the performance for the I4 FE that I’m ordering doesn’t make sense and that’s the faster car the v6 is not I’m waiting till October but if the pricing for FE I4 is above 80 I can’t do it it just won’t make sense and no front lift so also a issue 

Edited by Bibs

I am utterly confident that Lotus will pitch it very competitively in the USA - both against the Cayman and psychological price points.

The C8 is a beast but, my god, sorry, have to say, it is pig ugly inside and out. Just sayin' [hides behind the desk]

• Like 1

I hope they will honestly the corvette is not a bad looking car it’s not perfect but The technology the car has is very good and the performance is very good and this is the base corvette not a super car the Z06 will be super car  and still start at 80-85 and that is released next month that will shake up things for sure the Emira is a very beautiful car but that’s it take it’s performance in to account and the technology it has it’s not much honestly If they are trying to take the Porsche approach that’s not very smart Porsche can do it because they are established lotus is not that big in the game unfortunately

Oh yeah, no argument the C8, performance wise, is incredible value for money.

To be honest though, it makes me wince.

My missus fancies a late 50s/early 60s S1, or maybe an S2, Corvette.  This car is actually a lot cheaper than a C8 over here. Speed ain't everything! 😃

I think its one of the sexiest cars ever made. Who'd have thought the US could pull that off!? 😄

1958-chevrolet-corvette-c1-pro-touring-is-a-work-of-art_9.thumb.jpg.50515959c3fc2dc4ce967b64d0f84562.jpg

• Gold FFM

There’s one jokey response to the old cliche “Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious” that goes “Loads Of Technology, Unique Styling”.  Corvettes definitely fall into the “unique styling” category.

I do like those classic Americana fins and chrome era cars but they were of their time and styling has moved on.

On 22/09/2021 at 15:06, Evotion said:

Oh yeah, no argument the C8, performance wise, is incredible value for money.

To be honest though, it makes me wince.

My missus fancies a late 50s/early 60s S1, or maybe an S2, Corvette.  This car is actually a lot cheaper than a C8 over here. Speed ain't everything! 😃

I think its one of the sexiest cars ever made. Who'd have thought the US could pull that off!? 😄

1958-chevrolet-corvette-c1-pro-touring-is-a-work-of-art_9.thumb.jpg.50515959c3fc2dc4ce967b64d0f84562.jpg

Hello so here in the states I have kept me deposit so I don’t lose my place in line but honestly if I’m buying a car I need real world practicality and also great performance if I’m buying a performance car not to be slow that’s unrealistic especially if the pricing doesn’t make sense when you buy a vehicle A super car or sports car you don’t stand outside the car and look at it all day you drive it and light weight cars handle nice yes