Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 66 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
9 hours ago, Boba said:

Thanks, but this doesn't look like a review. Just riding around the city)

Well at least there's some V6 auto driving footage.....

• Like 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• Gold FFM

It's not my video and my V6 Auto is still running in/unlikely to get tracked.....

• Like 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

Mine is now just run in. Starting to use higher revs but it is illegal in the UK for us to even hold a phone when driving so I’ll get my son who is a Lotus Exige owner and will understand, to video some (legal) road driving in sport mode once weather improves enough so will not be any time soon I’m afraid!

Either that or I’ll dig out the Go-Pro…….

• Like 2

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 3 weeks later...

Visited Bell & Colvill a few weeks ago and sat inside the Emira. What a stunning looking car. Lotus have always made pretty cars but the Emira screams "race me!", really purposeful. I guess the running costs & maintenance would astronomical.

9 hours ago, Beady said:

New car day - collected Saturday. Tedious running in period now … love it ! 

Lovely!

Given your history with the marque, after 1000 miles with the Emira, I would be very keen to hear your thoughts on the relative strengths and weaknesses.

The Emira really got better and better from Day and certainly after a 2k miles and then again with the Larini exhaust.

I've never known a car that gets better and better like this.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

On 17/02/2024 at 23:28, Veloce_Rosso said:

Visited Bell & Colvill a few weeks ago and sat inside the Emira. What a stunning looking car. Lotus have always made pretty cars but the Emira screams "race me!", really purposeful. I guess the running costs & maintenance would astronomical.

First service was £506 as shown in my latest video.

Overall, relative to performance, I believe that is acceptable.

What happens when/if things go wrong in 1 to 3 more years would just be speculation but a longer term Evora owner might be able to shed some light on longer term running costs and what tends to need work.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• 3 weeks later...

My Evora was new in May'21 and no issues whatsoever in the first 3 years. Nearly at 14k.

Servicing costs:

1000 mile - £83

1st Yr- £275

2nd Yr- £465

Due its 3rd year soon so will be interested to see what that is and if any warranty issues identified.

• Like 1

My Evora was brand new in April 2018, a sport 410.

Apart from standard servicing costs (as per @MrBlueSky) it has cost me nothing in repairs etc, as nothing has gone wrong with it. It hasn't missed a beat.

However, as the Emira is, according to Lotus, a completely different car to the Evora with hardly any components shared (apart from the engine and gearbox) we can only speculate how the Emira will last. My speculation is that it will do just fine.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting wheels!  Only a mother could love them. Probably paid silly money for them as well!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023