Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 11 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

Ha.  The blue looks amazing there.

Do you yet know how the order books are filling out in the USA?

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

They are filling up quickly as well I’m in the USA and as reviewers post how the car performed on the road and track it will add more but the price in the USA is need to be seen the Z06 corvette is coming and that’s a 458 Italia or 80k-85k honestly it’s been tough even for me

Edited by Mrandres6935

Each shift is about 4500 cars. UK get 660 or so on each shift and we believe there might be two shifts totalling about 9000 cars globally for the First Edition.

That is 1300 allocated to the UK and I assume something similar or a bit more for the USA/Canada.

We know UK deposits are around the 3000 area. Which should translate about right after drop outs. 

I was wondering what the US/Canada figure is for deposits.

On 13/08/2021 at 11:28, IwantOne said:

Sure but your Mac probably has a CPU that consumes quite a bit more power than the SoC you'd find in a infotainment system. Even high end SoC's in smartphones consume about 5 watt at most. Also you have to remember the chips themselves generally have no problems running at 100 degrees.

In a car there really shouldn't be any need for active cooling, let alone watercooling.

They have chips on space craft and they work in extreme temperatures - hot and cold.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Denno said:

You think around 1700 will drop out in the Uk then?  

About 1300 UK cars in the First Edition spec is my guess.

Then the next edition will be made with more customer options from the start. Too early to decide how many shifts Lotus will put on to that as demand has not fully been gauged.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Not sure I agree with your numbers Ade.  660 cars for UK was for 2022 on a single shift, and with deliveries only starting in April and with a ramp up period.  4500 is capacity for a full year once at full productivity.  I'm not aware of any quota being stated on First Editions, in fact I think Matt Windle hinted they would see what demand looked like.

They will have to decide when own-spec cars start being delivered but I don't believe they have determined that yet.  Might it mean some of the later First Editions will still be being delivered when own-spec deliveries start?  We don't know yet.  It's an important question Lotus need to answer for deposit holders who are deciding between FE and own-spec.

Typically you'd expect a 30-40% dropout on deposits when people are asked to commit to orders.  I think Lotus are working on a 60-65% conversion assumption.

Well actually they do, as the space ships fly. The context for the space ship is the same as the car - the conditions, whether in the engine bay of the car or the control panels of a spaceship need to be regulated to allow the chips to work.  So we're all good as the conversation was around the conditions for the chips to work, i think, unless I've confused myself. Again...

Anyways, I have no doubt ECU chips will work fine in the right environment that lotus will have researched in the engine bay, or anywhere else suitable and environmentally managed, on an Emira. It's not their first rodeo after all.

Edited by Bravo73

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The original post by another user was about the chip powering the infotainment being water cooled. That is just pointless as those chips consume just a couple of watts (in essence those chips are very similar to what is powering your smartphone) combined with the fact they should work just fine even at a 100 degrees Celsius as that is what they are generally rated for. Though it might be higher for the automotive industry. 

ECU's consume even less power.

There shouldn't really be any need for active cooling. 

The exception could be for something like self driving systems as those would need a lot more power to processes all the image and sensor data. I don't know much about those systems but you probably could cool those passively as well.

• Gold FFM

Is this another pre-production car @Bibs?

Whereabouts have the photos been taken?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Same car - it’s touring the Globe. Currently in America👍 It’s the dark grey one that was used at the launch….it’s just the camera exposure that makes it look black📸 

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

Ah. It does look black. Thanks for that Stephen.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

@stephenwhytethanks for the insight in taking a photo making it appear that there are two Emiras, and yes when i get home tonight i am going to read up on what you have said as i am very intrigued.

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM

It is interesting as the brake lights seem to suggest it is overexposed from the flaring, but the car colour seems to suggest that the photo is underexposed?

Ok. I give in. No. I do. Really.

Late afternoon / evening shot? Slightly longer exposure overexposes the lights while the car itself is still slightly underexposed due to less environmental lighting. The graining implies a stylistic edit, a cheap cam, or the shadow being lifted (either automatically by the cam or in post) to compensate the average exposure level.

I guess ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Gold FFM

I didn't think about post image processing. Numpty.

I was thinking straight out of the camera. It looks overcast as well. That might also contribute.

I have a different problem. I am definitely getting the red one and the green one but I don't know which one suits the V6 better, as in, which one to get first.

The red is dribble inducing and more unique, especially as a Lotus but green.. well, it is classic and immediately shouts LOTUS.

All other decisions are a bit easier. Colour choice is giving me sleepless nights.