Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora prices post Emira launch - Page 6 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora prices post Emira launch

Cdm2018

I initially was all caught up in the hype of the Emira but then I recently did the Porsche (911 turbo/GT3) Experience at LA https://www.porschedriving.com/los-angeles which I highly recommend and was a blast. You literally drive them as fast as they will go and your skill level. The 5 times I did the 911 turbo launch was ridiculous. I hit 2.4 (0-60 twice.  I feel the Emira will have the looks and price but not the performance I was hoping for that can be offered by other cars on the market.

Now that said, the market is a big blunder when it comes to new/used cars of any type available and everything is pre ordered out to 2022. I'm actually going to try negotiate a good deal for a new/almost new manual boxed Evora to get me by for a couple years to see what happen with EV and prices when the demand slows down on new cars. I've had my eye on the Evora for quite some time. 

Does anyone feel the loaded 2020 or 2021 Evora carbon pack GT could be negotiated for 100k still?

240592197_10222372911686536_1423835590016047512_n.jpg

Edited by moto_geek
  • Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 28/08/2021 at 22:19, r3nault said:

If classic status is achieved, do you really think a 400 is double an NA?

Really good well sorted early NA's are going for anything up to 35k now.  I think late model 400's, in low mileage great condition will make 55k all day long, GT410's 60-65k.  The thing is the Evora looks great and IS super rare, the success of the Emira could be it's downfall re residuals. But time will tell of course, anything we say here is just guesswork.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

With the current state of the market, people would be nuts to let a 2021 Evora go for USD100k so if you can get one near that, you should. Price may do a bit of a landing in 2 years time but the alternative is probably to not have a car..

• 4 weeks later...

3 models Vs 1 model on the production line. In addition, it's lanuch editions and only customisation for owners is paint colour, interior and transmission. Things should (should) roll out much faster. 

• 6 months later...

@au-yt if I wasn't happily married I'd ask you for a dance!

I think, no believe, the Emira will be a huge success. But will I swap my Evora for one? No.

I am tempted to have an I4 base to sit alongside my Evora Sport 410. One has to do the shopping in something and the Emira will be perfect for that. I will even have a choice of 2 cup holders for my iced frappuccino mocha with cream and toffee sauce to sit in. Super!

Now, an Emira I4 GT4/3 special, stripped and full of carbon ... That could sit next to my Sport 410 for sure.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

20 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

@au-yt if I wasn't happily married I'd ask you for a dance!

Now, an Emira I4 GT4/3 special, stripped and full of carbon ... That could sit next to my Sport 410 for sure.

Thank you at least one person agrees with me, not sure may will, but hey, may lotus sell many.

When I first heard of the "new" lotus being developed, I was even advised then to keep the EVORA as the new car will be a more "shopping" mass market car, but by account it still has LOTUS DNA.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, au-yt said:

When I first heard of the "new" lotus being developed, I was even advised then to keep the EVORA as the new car will be a more "shopping" mass market car, but by account it still has LOTUS DNA.

You have just described the Emira.

Slower than an Evora 400, similar performance to an S2 S. Heavier than the 4xx cars. But hey, it has proper cupholders and lots of screens but only 2 seats so many Evora owners could never buy it ( but will! ) Oh the hyprocisy of those Evora +0 naysayers lol.... .

• Like 2

The small print.

It's a fair point, and a tricky line to walk I think, we looking for their insights in to the vehicle and how it makes them feel (when driving it) but you're right, we aren't looking for their design criticisms -  such as Carwows 5 things I like / 5 things I don't like; they add naff all.

I've not seen an Emira in the flesh yet, so I am reserving final thoughts and opinions until then, especially on the interior.

I was very tempted by the Emira when it was first unveiled but then cooled. Since then I keep wondering if I should have dived in but my head has finally won out over my heart. Despite owning an Evora, I’ve never been totally sold on the looks and feel it has quite a few awkward viewing angles on it. The Emira looks, however, I’m completely hooked on and just think it looks so much more resolved than my Evora. 

As for the Emira interior, I’m not a fan of touchscreens in cars and, lack of oddments storage aside, I actually much prefer my Evora. I realise I’m probably one of the few with that particular view but I just think it’s a nice place to be, with very few distractions. I have managed to concoct some oddments storage of my own, on the outside of each seat base and netting attached to the tunnel on the passenger side, which all helps though. The area where the +2 seats are is obviously useful but not easy to access whilst driving. 

When all is said and done the Emira, very pretty though it is, just wouldn’t give me any significant improvement over my Evora. And as others have said, I’m sure the rarity value will play it’s part in future Evora values. I desperately want the Emira to be a huge sales success but mainly because I want Lotus, a marque I’ve loved for around 60 years, to grow and prosper. That success, though, will surely have a downward pressure on residuals won’t it?

• Like 2

Old models always drop when a new model comes out but as we are now in a totally different world perspective motoring, its anyone guess

Another thought if I may, I se the Emira appealing to a different market which is what LOTUS wants and that's a good thing for the life of the company.

However my best description for lots of the new buyers, is non enthusiast flippers, keep the car for 12 months to three years now whats next......

• Love 1