Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AMG Emira - Page 5 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AMG Emira

Greg | ValetPro

1 hour ago, Evotion said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I was just told that the AMG i4 Emira will now NOT be coming out until January 2023 - not the Autumn of 2022.

i guess the next question then is what impact that has on own spec V6 cars. eg could own spec V6 now be available later in 2022

anyone have any insight into total number of deposits taken so far? then if 50% of those wanted i4 it would give an idea of V6 buyers v likely 2022 production numbers

construction and property consultants : My company

40 minutes ago, Speedluvver said:

Did they say why? Parts shortage ?

32 minutes ago, Jimbobc said:

That’s worrying if it’s fallen back so quickly 

Heard it from Jamie and Scott. I didn;t specifically ask why but they did say that Lotus are concentrating on getting the V6 out.   Jamie said no second shift and Scott said there will be so still confused on overall Emira First Edition numbers.

On 02/08/2021 at 09:36, freefall_junkie said:

If the V6 is, say, over £10k more than the AMG then it becomes a much harder choice for me.

I think it will only be £5k!

6 minutes ago, Beady said:

eg could own spec V6 now be available later in 2022

No.  That was not mentioned at all.

7 minutes ago, Beady said:

anyone have any insight into total number of deposits taken so far? then if 50% of those wanted i4 it would give an idea of V6 buyers v likely 2022 production numbers

Scott said that they are now looking to increase production to meet more of the demand, up to 1100 or so cars for the UK.

Jamie, on the other hand, said 10 minutes before that to me that there was no second shift as  Lotus are keen to get the FE out and not 'overdo' it - as in seeing how that goes before the higher risks that come with increased production levels.

Either way. new depositors are looking at mid to late 2023 now!

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I don’t think Toyota will have any concerns, average annual vehicle production usually over Nine Million‼️although lower in recent times, they make most of their own engines and not just for cars. If Lotus go double shift for additional V6 alone that’s about 40 hours extra production and no chips required 👍

• Gold FFM

I wonder if the i4 delay is because of higher than expected V6 FE take up and relatively few deposits cashed in so far?

I’d heard the V6 FE versus i4 FE/own spec split was running 70:30 not the initially predicted 50:50

Yeah, you heard it on here! 😄

The original poll suggested a very close 50-50 split.

Now that we have more info and people have learned of the timing the bias has moved strongly to the V6. Basically, if you want a V6 Emira this year then the V6 is your only choice. I'd expect it to widen out further to 75-25.

The i4 will come back with a vengeance in 2023.

They’re really going to struggle holding on to a lot who placed deposits based on wanting FE i4’s and also the thought of £60K basic specs, those own spec cars could be almost two years away with how things are getting later and later. First it was 3 months after the V6, so July-August. Then it was Autumn. Now it’s some point in 2023. 

Maybe AMG can’t make them soon enough?

Yeah,. seems like 2023 will the true Year of the Emira.

They will be a very rare sight in late 2022.

Very fruit rating  for those with hearts set on an AMG i4 after all the excitement,

Hopefully, the persevere. Time goes quickly and they will find themselves at the front of the queue for the 4 cylinder car.

2 hours ago, Nimbus-in-Notts said:

They’re really going to struggle holding on to a lot who placed deposits based on wanting FE i4’s and also the thought of £60K basic specs, those own spec cars could be almost two years away with how things are getting later and later. First it was 3 months after the V6, so July-August. Then it was Autumn. Now it’s some point in 2023. 

Maybe AMG can’t make them soon enough?

Exactly this, was looking forward to seeing the car tomorrow but this drip feeding of information is getting silly. I will not be keeping a deposit in place for a 2023 car!

Welcome!  Do not give up. Keep the deposit as passive 'savings'. You may want an Emira down the line.

4 hours ago, TomE said:

I wonder if the i4 delay is because of higher than expected V6 FE take up and relatively few deposits cashed in so far?

Hi Tom, Jamie said tonight it was also to do with getting as many V6 models built as possible before emission changes in the future. 

Funnily enough, myself & @Speedluvverhad the exact same experience as @Evotion where Jamie said yes the i4 is going to be put back for the reasons (mainly stated above.) But then Scott said no it’s not being put back. So perhaps we should wait for official announcement as might just be a brainstorm for now.

Yep, we were told by Jamie it was 2023… then by Scott it was categorically 2022.

Who knows 🤷‍♂️

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM
35 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Who knows 🤷‍♂️

In this situation - Scott :) 

Interesting about the "build as many as possible before emissions changes" point, as the upcoming changes likely to affect the V6 aren't until 2025/26 so wouldn't be a huge reason to shoehorn in V6s and delay i4s.

I bet they make more cash on the V6, so push it whilst they can with the pent up demand for an Emira, any Emira.  Sound business logic to me.

Also, suggests to me we may get some Emira FE V6 owners swapping out their cars in 2023 for an "own spec" I4.  That works for me to get into a used FE V6 as still not sure re buying new again!  :)

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Yes, you've got to assume the V6 costs them less than the AMG but they can price it higher, at least for the time being.  I suspect that's also why they haven't announced the i4 FE or V6 base or individual options prices yet and probably won't until the i4 book opens at the end of the year (or later).

I have kind of accepted I would be a 2023 i4 anyway with not being an early depositor. It’s a long time to wait  but I’m looking at the positives. Can see the reviews, have a proper test drive, see the exterior colours and interior differences etc so will most likely just leave my deposit in and wait it out. 
Also if the market crashes and there are suddenly £40k used examples available I’d just buy one of those knowing I’ve saved a big chunk of depreciation not buying new. Win win  all round by being patient :)

Future wish list - Exige V6

For me I fancied the V6 but not with a manual or the IPS gearbox - I'm used to, and enjoy DCT in my V8 M3. I prefer the expected sound of the V6 but the AMG 4 pot with low down torque entices me in -different experience to a N/A engine.

I put down a deposit on 7th July and was in the first 500 to receive a V6 FE if i wanted one, I'll still wait for the I4 FE. I'm used to waiting I have an electric Ribble bike on order for the past 9 months and still no expected delivery date.

If I've learnt anything during Covid its patience i'd prefer my Emira in Spring 2023 rather than Winter 2022. Having said that when I do see an early V6 Emira attracting lots of attention I will will question my judgement on waiting :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TonyShepp said:

I prefer the expected sound of the V6 but the AMG 4 pot with low down torque entices me in -different experience to a N/A engine.

The V6 is supercharged and has plenty of low down torque in the Evora and Exige so do not see why it would different in the Emira.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

58 minutes ago, Denno said:

so will most likely just leave my deposit in and wait it out. 

100%. You will be very happy you did that - come the time.

48 minutes ago, TonyShepp said:

electric Ribble bike

Sweet. They look great, hardly tell they are even electric. In the market myself. The Porsche eBike in Guildford looks the nuts but, my god, it is expensive.

13 minutes ago, TonyShepp said:

Then perhaps to us "Lotus newbies" Lotus would want to invite us to drive an Evora V6 Manual and Auto to be better informed on the brand. Maybe I ask Nottingham when i see them in 3 weeks time.

Damn right!  Surprised you haven't already :)