Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus:A new dawn on channel 4 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus:A new dawn on channel 4

pete

Thanks for the heads up. I believe there is also some Goodwood content coming up in the week.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

I hope there is some way that the show can be posted up here as we don't get Channel 4 down here and I would like to see it.

Is there anyway that I can watch it online? I'm a numpty hen it comes to things like this.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

I just went to the website. I can't even register. :( 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

@ramjetI expect you'll need to use a VPN to make it appear that you are in the UK.  There are plenty of free options, but I wouldn't guarantee how secure they are.

6 hours ago, ramjet said:

I hope there is some way that the show can be posted up here as we don't get Channel 4 down here and I would like to see it.

Is there anyway that I can watch it online? I'm a numpty hen it comes to things like this.

You’ll be able to watch it via https://www.channel4.com. But you might need a VPN to fool your computer/device into thinking that it is in the UK. 

• Gold FFM

Like I know how to set up/use a VPN. 🤣

• Haha 1

‘Tis easy peasy. As simple as installing a bit of software (or downloading an app) and then remembering to turn it on.

If in doubt, ask your IT support (aka children/grandchildren). 😉

FWIW, I use ExpressVPN.  

• Gold FFM

I'll have a look and see if I can understand it all. No kids or grandkids to ask.

• Gold FFM

So I have actually sorted it out. Now just need to find the show. When is it on?

Bugger. Just found it 2:45am. I won't be watching.

• Gold FFM

That's what I am going to be looking for. :) 

• Like 1

It was quite a nice one, wasn't it? Nothing we didn't know already (right?), but it was cool to actually see the people who'll be building our cars. :)

It looks as if they have a lot of catching up in production etc to turn Lotus into profit making company. So they are outsourcing the trim shop to somewhere as well. Was interesting to watch, but somehow I would be more worried about their future now. 

7 minutes ago, dooie said:

The program was a nice introduction,

Need to see them complete the development/testing and starting proper production.

• Like 1

Anyone else pick up on the blue mule when It was started. I believe that was the AMG unit. Appreciate the exhaust won't be a production type.

Was interesting to watch and how close the deadline was to finish the two for Goodwood!.

Cant wait.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

No DRM apparently. Using Opera which has VPN built in, but then I ran into the DRM thing so I quit. Life.

Really interesting program, although I would have like to see Matt Becker on talking about the engineering side.

The thing which really struck me though was that Lotus are clearly still at an early stage in getting the new factory up and running. I can't wait to get my hands on the car, but it does make me question whether I would want one built in the first few months of production. Early quality issues are inevitable so would it be wise to wait another 6 months or so while Lotus learn how to build it properly?