Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
** UPDATE ** Emira UK Dealer Deposits - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

** UPDATE ** Emira UK Dealer Deposits

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I can confirm I have received both of  my £500 dealer deposits back from B&C already.

The Lotus main dealer payments I made a couple of weeks back under instruction from B&C.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

The order system checks addresses, and where there are two entries it honours the original earlier date.

Dealers should have already told Lotus HQ about their direct orders so they are on the system.  That way, once you place the new order on the website the two will match and they assign you your original date.

I'm not sure what systems will be put in place to stop flipping.

I paid my deposit to Lotus when instructed by B&C back on 7th July, with an immediate acknowledgement email from Lotus and I have since received my B&C deposit back.  It was all very straightforward.  I understand that not all dealers were as on the ball as Jamie at B&C, but if the date that you placed your dealer deposit is honoured then it should not be an issue.

3 hours ago, Gashead1105 said:

@Bibsshould I wait for the refund before placing a new deposit with lotus?

No, well, I was told to pay the online deposit ASAP. Then tell the dealer and he will confirm with HQ and then you get the dealer deposit back.  

Of course you can ask for you deposit back from the dealer anytime but then your place on the list will be the time you place the deposit online.

Hope that makes sense!

@Evotion Aimee at Silverstone told me a couple of weeks ago that the deposit I paid them early May was definitely all that I needed to do until September/October, and I didn't need to pay the 2k to Lotus separately

Not heard anything from them on this point yet, hence question to Bibs above. Don't want to pay a new deposit and then lose my place with Silverstone for the existing one.

Wait for Silverstone to get in touch Will. They were only only told about this recently so I'd imagine they're bashing the phones getting in touch with their deposit holders to explain the procedure.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

15 hours ago, Denno said:

What a shambles.

Early deposits with dealers have secured customers a place in the queue. It's now being formalised with Lotus prior to orders being placed later in the year and the order of deposits are being honoured.

Hardly a shambles mate but thanks for your input. Useful. 👍

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Matt Windle himself was actually aghast at the response.

They would have been nervous. 

This changes a lot of their plans. They are an agile company.

We can't rule out anything down the line.

Also, yes, the dealers themselves only know what HQ tell them. The dealers themselves have been superb on the whole.

This likely means HQ have been a bit caught out. Not that they have dropped any ball, just underestimated the demand. This is far better than the reverse.

• Gold FFM
32 minutes ago, Denno said:

If you say so 👍

I think the demand for the product is exciting and well beyond expectations. Maybe some reflection on just how great this is for Lotus and UK manufacturing would be in order 👍

• Like 2

Only here once

It is brilliant news for lotus, but mechanically how much is made in the uk? That can be said for so many things today unfortunately...

Laura my dealer up in Scotland is on the ball and in touch by email today with instructions what to do and a form to complete to get my deposit returned from them. 👏

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

I think the issue lies with some of the dealers.

Lotus UK told all of them prior to the reveal how the central deposit system was going to work and what to do about existing dealer deposits.  All dealers were asked to provide details of their deposit holders so their original deposit dates could be honoured.  The central online system went live on the evening after the reveal, as planned.  Dealers were asked to direct people to that and not take more deposits via dealers.

The morning after the reveal I was contacted by my dealer and it was all explained to me.  I paid the online deposit and my dealer refunded my original dealer deposit.  I've had confirmation that my original deposit date is being honoured.

I know demand has been unexpectedly high and that may have caught some people out, but the approach was very clear and communicated to dealers by Lotus.  Many dealers have been brilliant, but a few need to catch up.  There are a few people here and more on other forums frustrated by the lack of dealer contact to deal with explaining this and converting their deposits.

On 24/07/2021 at 10:49, KennyN said:

I paid my deposit to Lotus when instructed by B&C back on 7th July, with an immediate acknowledgement email from Lotus and I have since received my B&C deposit back.  It was all very straightforward.  I understand that not all dealers were as on the ball as Jamie at B&C, but if the date that you placed your dealer deposit is honoured then it should not be an issue.

Exactly the same for me but with Oakmere for my pre-order.

Very straightforward, no fuss, definitely not a shambles. No complaints here 👍

• Like 2