Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira UK Roadshow - Page 24 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira UK Roadshow

Evotion

I had my heart set on yellow but now looking at the great sample photographs provided by everybody above, It looks like the non metallic yellow will dull the sharp angles on the Emira too much for my liking which is a shame. I think the metallics look very luxurious, revisiting the configurator I can see they have tried to show this on the yellow when you compare the door and front arch lines between red and yellow. Sounds like we will see painted shells before we have to truly bite the bullet on the colour anyway so one to stress about another day. Great pictures again, thank you  

4611714_Screenshot2021-10-29at23_42_49.thumb.png.c71dd9c95c9f18d8ebbefb00e030f9c4.png1002339785_Screenshot2021-10-29at23_42_37.thumb.png.6ba04145f4656e468b7d44b0f3f1b22d.png

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Great photos, many thanks everyone. I agree the Nimbus looks the most consistent in varied lighting, but that Red 💥 really striking and just think the green with no top black-pack and gold wheels would be classic. Lots of time to choose though. 🤒

3 hours ago, Demolitionman13 said:

I was at Hethel this morning and I turned the green shell over. On the label it said Verdant green (Empire green). 

I noticed the nimbus shell also said (pebble grey) and the magma red said (gamma red) but couldn't find any reference to them with a quick Google.

10 hours ago, Demolitionman13 said:

I was at Hethel this morning and I turned the green shell over. On the label it said Verdant green (Empire green). 

Makes a lot of sense.  I've been through every Empire Green (previously called Imperial Green) photo I can find, and it looks exactly like Verdant.

• Gold FFM

Events at Hethel ran to 30 Oct.  There were extra venues/dates added as well in Essex and London in Oct/Nov, as well as the planned events in Altrincham and Silverstone.  If you have a deposit or are on the "keep me informed" mailing list you should have had an email about the extra dates 1-2 weeks ago.

Argh. I was pretty set on the Yellow. The red looks a lot brighter than I initially thought, and the blue looks really good as well. Whilst the yellow looks quite underwhelming. 

I had that yellow on my Evora 410. It’s ok but I never was blown away with it being a flat colour. Metallic looks much better IMO in the right colour. Yellow really suits the car though. Maybe they will do the solar yellow again down the road buts it’s a difficult one to spray. 

29 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

🤘

Ha ha ooops.

49 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

Weird.  I always thought the Yellow looked epic on your car Wayne.  Horses for courses.

I agree - it did - yellows really suits the car. Just a shame it wasn't metalic to give it the pop and shine to show the curves off more. Its a really flat yellow. Draws a lot of attention though.

Edited by bosshog

Just walked past Lotus Silverstone as they were unloading the blue Emira from the race transporter. They’re very busy setting up, so I left them to it. Good news for visitors: they are borrowing the car park opposite, which will help enormously.

• Like 1

Will post a pic later… but I have saffron yellow on my exige, and my friend has Norfolk mustard. Mine is a flat colour and his metallic… in photos you wouldn’t know one was metallic and the other not… only in bright sunlight does the fleck really show.. and even then, saffron still looks great

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Speedluvver said:

Will post a pic later… but I have saffron yellow on my exige, and my friend has Norfolk mustard. Mine is a flat colour and his metallic… in photos you wouldn’t know one was metallic and the other not… only in bright sunlight does the fleck really show.. and even then, saffron still looks great

Norfolk Mustard isn’t a metallic paint though.🤔 

Maybe your friends is a different shade of Yellow? Wouldn’t be the first one to be misdescribed by a dealer in an advert…..and the owner then leaves thinking it’s one Lotus colour when it’s another🙄 

1 hour ago, stephenwhyte said:

Norfolk Mustard isn’t a metallic paint though.🤔 

Maybe your friends is a different shade of Yellow? Wouldn’t be the first one to be misdescribed by a dealer in an advert…..and the owner then leaves thinking it’s one Lotus colour when it’s another🙄 

Or cos I always get it wrong… it’s spice not mustard….

• Haha 2