Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira UK Roadshow - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira UK Roadshow

Evotion

Hmmm. Once again Lotus looking rather amateurish on the customer communications front. I still haven't heard from Lotus or Parks about the date for the Scottish roadshow. Assuming the 16th October date on the booking page is for non-deposit holders, I am left to infer that the deposit holders date is most likely on Friday 15th, which I can't make, or Sunday 17th. So, booked a slot on the Saturday just in case.

There is some stuff on the Lotus site about the 'new retail identity'. All well and good, but how about getting the marketing basics right first, like communicating properly with your deposit holders, eh Lotus?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'll happily cancel the Colchester date if Silverstone have a separate event for deposit holders. I want to take my time and have a chance to sit in the car! 

9 hours ago, Bibs said:

Deposit holders will be contacted with dates for viewings at each dealer, those dates shown are extra days at each dealer than can be booked by interested parties who don't currently have a deposit down. 

I do hope that's true but at the moment I'm not holding out much hope. From what I've read, B&C deposit holders are booking on that roadshow link. Given the roadshow starts in 11 days time, if that's not for deposit holders then (you would hope) they would get to look at it before then, which isn't a lot of notice. Seems all very last minute/panic stations if true.

Any B&C deposit holders able to confirm/deny?

i suspect some/all dealers may have spoken to deposit holders, I was told beginning of this week by CL about CL Emira roadshow Monday 18th for deposit holders

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Just had an email invite from lotus, so have booked at Hendy Exeter. I have not(yet) placed a deposit  

It’s understandable that some who have placed deposits may be feeling peeved that the roadshow booking process does not appear to distinguish between them and others who may be interested in seeing the Emira. (Yes, I’m one such.)  From the perspective of Lotus marketing though, I see little reason for drawing any firm distinction on a “deposit made” basis.

A viewing may cause a depositor to request a refund, or someone not having placed a deposit to decide to purchase – and, I suggest, having viewed, being rather more likely to follow through to actually buy than any pre-viewing depositor. There are only shades of grey between them, no black and white.

Those who have placed a (non-committing) deposit have already received a considerable benefit: a place in the queue for receiving their car, should they actually buy.  Why, prior to any real commitment, should they receive preferential treatment at this stage? It seems a valid observation that giving a viewing to a deposit holder has the potential to discourage an actual purchase whereas one for a non-deposit holder may get Lotus an additional sale!

PS: Just received a B&C confirmed viewing slot.

Edited by mdavies
  • Like 2

Fair point.

I have been told that the official Lotus invite to me will come in the next 24 hours.

Seems like the link was found/leaked and been over used. 

I always look at the positives, as you know, so great to see Lotus comms of any type and a new wave of people being interested to see the car.

All will be fine. Remember, it will still be a static car and you might not even be able to start it, never mind drive it. People like me will learn little from seeing it again so I do actually see this as being more for the those who did not manage to see the car the first few times.

Might see a whole new wave of depositors.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I got sent an invite as on the "keep me informed" list - all booked with Lotus Hamilton and looking forward to seeing the car. Maybe it will tempt me to commit to buy.

So not sure it was "leaked" in my instance, the email was sent to me with the Link.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 minute ago, Mctaff said:

Putting a link live before it should be accessible is in the website development 101 camp

I do hope the incompetence is contained to website development and marketing 

It is supposed to be a brave new era for Lotus, but as a serial owner and fan for over 2 decades, so far it is looking to me more like the Lotus of old: great people, great engineers, great cars, clueless sales and marketing.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Lotus tell me it was leaked.  Sending emails to "keep me informed" people before deposit holders was asking for trouble, when deposit holders have been told repeatedly that info was coming soon, coming next week, no the week after.  Lotus have been keeping the dealers in the dark about absolutely everything to do with the car, the roadshows and the spec/pricing info, so they've been wrong-footed by this too.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, duncx said:

Blimey, on that basis we will all need to stump up the full non-returnable £60-90K with no more than a fleeting glimpse as we stumble past in the swirling crowds :lol:

duncx, very briefly as TomE has just covered matters fully, just a "thank you". You illustrated and confirmed the theme of my entire earlier posting and, indeed, of the few words that you chose to extract.

Your intention to purchase, and those of the "likes", are no more than conditional - "subject to contract", as an estate agent's board would have it. You imply that you want a decent look at the car - not merely a glimpse from amongst a crowd. Hence, whatever its quality, your viewing has the potential to result in you withdrawing your deposit. Else you would not require a viewing. A very sensible and commendable position to take, if I may say and one I would certainly endorse.  Personally I would go further and sign nothing until after at least seeing several road tests and probably insisting on one myself.

You and I are on the same spectrum of greys that I referred to.

Edited by mdavies

Seems crazy that the easiest place to see the Emira was taking the family on a weekend trip to Goodwood! I’m so glad I went: the whole day was wonderful. No queueing for the car park either.

Aside from the Evija tour last year, the last dealer car launch I attended was the Mini Metro in 1980. It was mostly memorable for the presence of a Tony Pond works TR7 V8 rally car.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Just got my "priority" invite from Lotus.  

Dear Dave,
The wait is over and we are delighted to invite you to come and see the all new Lotus Emira at a showroom near you. Please click on the button below to see the event schedule and to confirm your place today.
An automatic confirmation will be sent to you once you have registered.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about the event, please do not hesitate to contact your local retailer. 
We look forward to seeing you. 

Lotus Event Team

Took me to a micro-site, different to the one posted earlier.  Nothing at Hendy Eastleigh, so it's back to Poole I go... which is where I bought my first Evora.  Karma?

• Like 1