Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira UK Roadshow - Page 6 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira UK Roadshow

Evotion

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Evotion said:

The Lotus dealers will always be there to personally help people with the configurator if needed. They will be fully trained on price, specs/options - they just won't know other info such as build dates.

I assumed as I have ordered a V6 that it is the V6 that is mentioned.

As I have also ordered an AMG i4 car and heard nothing about that I am assuming the email was just for V6 customers.

If a person who is only getting an i4 got this exact same email then, yes, that is an oversight though of course we do know that i4 configuration is likely not until January 22.

I have got the same emails as all of you so clearly  having a second deposit is not important at this stage.  I will need to make sure that I do get those i4 emails as well as if it done on one email basis then actually I might be missed. Umm.

Lotus dealers have no more information than we do.  They'll get the specs, pricing and options when we do.  They are going to be relying on the Lotus staff to talk to customers about any tricky questions.

Everyone has got the same email, as Lotus don't know who wants V6 versus i4 (at least in UK).  It's badly worded.  It sounds like they want to establish who is going for the V6 FE cars and start getting those specified.  But many will need the info on i4 and own spec pricing/options and delivery timing in order to make that decision.

Second deposit is still refundable, so I assume if that allows me to cancel at some later point it will also mean I can change my mind on specification up to the point I commit the order.  That probably includes colour, interior, wheels etc and might include engine/gearbox - though with a potential implication on delivery date.

I've got a long list of questions for the Lotus folks at the B&C roadshow! :) 

I popped over to B&C this morning - no news.

I was told that people can go over the configurator with a B&C staff member but that is obvious really.

They won't know any more about the car per se but it is nice from a customer relationship building point of view to 'assist' us.

I agree with your assumption Tom so I wonder what the point is really. Oh well, I'll be configuring the V6 and parting with the 3k asap.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

9 hours ago, Whitey said:

where is Rybrook Bristol and Birmingham - have they already left the Lotus dealer network?

A little confusing as they are not on the opening list but if you click on the daytime visit option they are both there. I booked for Bristol Sunday 10th October.

9 hours ago, aEdMIRA said:

I've asked my retailer and Lotus this and then I thought, what an idiot. I could just ask you guys as this is my first new Lotus! Let's say they call next week and I have to decide a colour; my configuration depends on exterior colour, so after I pay the other 3k and in a month or so decide I don't want grey, I want red - will I be able to change the spec or will it be too late. When I ordered my AMV8 launch edition about 16 years ago we only had 2 choices, inside colour and outside colour, but this is more configurable!

Hi There, TomE has just touched on this in his post below, I would say you aren't going to be held to your first configuration, the only difficult swap i would imagine being trying to switch from 4cylinder to V6 if your order was placed as 4cylinder and if you are an early deposit, since the V6 engines are being built first

4 hours ago, TomE said:

Second deposit is still refundable, so I assume if that allows me to cancel at some later point it will also mean I can change my mind on specification up to the point I commit the order.  That probably includes colour, interior, wheels etc and might include engine/gearbox - though with a potential implication on delivery date.

am after an i4, so will be interesting to see whether I just get a brief call, and then re diarised

Given the hype, I think some may switch to V6LE to be first.  This sounds like a great flippers car, as I suspect it will lose little money between release and the opportunity to buy a regular car to custom spec

On 19/09/2021 at 07:56, simonb said:

am after an i4, so will be interesting to see whether I just get a brief call, and then re diarised

Given the hype, I think some may switch to V6LE to be first.  This sounds like a great flippers car, as I suspect it will lose little money between release and the opportunity to buy a regular car to custom spec

i4 for me to as I wanted the DC box but as it now states from “Autumn” could end up taking delivery in Winter 🥶 So thinking of switching just as you state. With the V6 manual set up already well proven what could possibly go wrong ⁉️

28 minutes ago, bosshog said:

Just been contacted by Lotus and they tell me there will Hethel/more local options to viewing the car coming soon for those of us in Norfolk who can't get over to the other places. 

Perhaps they’ll suggest standing on a bridge overlooking the A11? 🤣

• Haha 1

Or if you spot one on a local road, jump (carefully) in front of it, then jump in the passenger seat?

Folks, with the roadshow beginning soon, I've got a favor to ask. Could somebody attending get a measure tape and check the dimensions of the space behind the seats (preferably with seat set up normally and with it moved all the way forward), at its narrowest and broadest points? I'm still trying to figure out if my wheelchair's going to fit there and it's not yet confirmed if we are going to get a demo car at all over here... 

Given the importance of that request, I would recommend contacting Lotus directly.

If they can't get you in situ to place a wheelchair in there then they can surely do those measurements for you.

• Like 1

So your car will arrive in the Autumn.Fall but did you have to spec it now or did they tell you they will call you back in a few months?

OK, that makes some kind of sense. You will be  one of the first getting the i4 then, which is cool.

Seeing V6 cars on the road will be painful! :)

I hadn't thought about it before but I assume this means that they are not dovetailing the two builds but finishing off the V6 and then building the i4 cars.

I wonder if they had seen 85% going for the i4 that they would have switched the builds.

Running two builds in tandem would add some further complexity to the process, although this may be the case for a shortened period as they switch over. There will be some differences within chassis re component mountings and the assembly routine will differ. Much simpler to complete one build type then make a complete switch, any changes to automation and certainly the learning for manual build routines can be handled as one action. I’m guessing even with some automation supporting they have a lot of “New Labour” to train as they are used to making 1500 cars p.a. Just hope the test and final inspection isn’t by a guy named Blair

• Like 1

By 2023 Lotus will have had over 12 months experience building the Emira. A skilled production workforce fully recruited for the ramp-up. Supply chains fully tested etc. I doubt tandem production on double shifts will be a problem by then to be honest, but can very well understand why they would not want to jump in head first at this stage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

9 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Or if you spot one on a local road, jump (carefully) in front of it, then jump in the passenger seat?

Saw the multi coloured MULE today but was frozen on the spot.

• Like 1