Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira UK Roadshow - Page 7 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira UK Roadshow

Evotion

2 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Just wait til the GT550 i4 is released 

It'll have massage seats. An air scarf. A fridge in the boot for your Prosecco and canapes and a double sized vanity mirror so you can check out your gold medallion and groom the hairs on your chest! It'll sell in the thousands.

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

If they get their production flow correct - all will be built down the same production track - even the 4pot.

I agree.  I don’t think they’ll build only V6 FE until all are complete and then switch to i4 FE.  I think they’ll build them in parallel once the AMG development is done.  It’ll be too big a constraint to only do one variant at a time.

• Like 1

As already stated, once they get their assembly teams and any automated routines up to speed, dependant on the line configuration and component delivery to build cells they may well choose to run all through one line. Although wouldn’t be surprised to see V6 manual/auto continue on a separate (over time) lower volume line. Hope to get the opportunity to see it some time.

Building of the base spec car is in early 2023 so delivery of the FE i4 has to be around autumn 22 at the latest otherwise everyone would just custom spec them. I’m sure they would like to do a launch run of I4’s that are virtually standardised, the same as with the V6.

I expect the start dates for production to be fairly settled (spring / fall 2022 for v6LE / i4LE); however if there are healthy orders for a £70K+ Launch Edition, why would you start to slot too many £60K base edition cars into production, I am sure that there is a healthy margin within the "extras"

I hope that i4LE cars are delivered in 2022 (be good to get that delivery slot, although there is less urgency to get a sports car in winter) but if demand is good would not be surprised if base car delivery slips a bit

If the I4 FE is autumn, with winter approaching then i am to wait another 6 months and get a custom spec instead

the big risk, more so for “new” lotus buyers is that is a long time to wait so might then get something else in the meantime.

the big sell to non lotus enthusiasts right now might wane in 12-18 months when other shiny new alternative might also be available.

construction and property consultants : My company

5 hours ago, Beady said:

If the I4 FE is autumn, with winter approaching then i am to wait another 6 months and get a custom spec instead

Yeah, others will do the same, especially if there is a delay anyway  - plus Autumn plate change.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

On 21/09/2021 at 11:26, Evotion said:

Given the importance of that request, I would recommend contacting Lotus directly.

If they can't get you in situ to place a wheelchair in there then they can surely do those measurements for you.

Unfortunately, I tried both e-mail and social media and haven't got any reply so far... Do you happen to have some specific contact there I could reach out to?

After hearing that deposit holders on here have all had emails to book the road show I decided to chase my invite.  Had an apology email and managed to get booked in at my chosen dealer which still had some slots left luckily. Doesn’t fill me with confidence though that they literally forgot to let me know!

Edited by Denno

Future wish list - Exige V6

So, somebody on FB in the "Emira Owners" group stated that colour samples and leather + alcantara will be showed during the road shows. Don't know where that info came from, but is somebody else aware of this? 

I asked about colour samples and was told that there will definitely be some on the roadshow. I have a feeling that the nice lady said 'panels' but that might be just my wishful thinking, I'm hoping for painted doors at the very least :lol:

• Like 2

I am expecting them to be a sort of bowl shape.  If you have been to a Mazda Dealer recently you will know what I mean.  Shows the flat and curves, and you can take them outside in the day light if you wish.

• Like 2

I am expecting the same, I seem to remember hearing/reading that such samples were referred to as frogs, although I may be wrong, I have been wrong before!

It will be tricky for those of us going to the Manchester Airport deposit holders roadshow on 4th Nov as it is not until the evening and the dark nights will be with us by then and orders have to be confirmed the next day. So, our choice will have to be made under artifical light only, unless we are able to call back at the public event on the morning of the 5th when there is some daylight. Not ideal really if you are torn between two or more colours and don't have the time to run backwards and forwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snorkel said:

So, somebody on FB in the "Emira Owners" group stated that colour samples and leather + alcantara will be showed during the road shows. Don't know where that info came from, but is somebody else aware of this? 

Asked the question when I was called,re paint colours and was also told samples would be available at roadshows. Hard to finalise a colour based on configurator renders. 

Edited by DJW
  • Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• Gold FFM

I got mine for Wed 29th and there is no more info in it than the initial confirmation.  It just has the date, time and location and reference to drinks and nibbles as well as seeing the car.

Emails from Lotus seem to be getting diverted to Spam/Junk for quite a few people - worth a check.

Does anyone know if the blue car doing the tour has been retrofitted with production spec. seats and ride height ? The seating position in the car at goodwood was awfully high.

Edited by Jl47

Nobody really knows anything - not even the dealers until the car arrives.

We will find out tomorrow.

18 hours ago, EmiraSi said:

I'm booked in at B&C on Tuesday

I am there from 12.00 onwards. I will be one with a stupid grin, over-excited, twitching and foaming at the mouth - and obnoxiously loud. 😄

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Surprise surprise a blue one.  Looks like the attendees will have a decent chance to have a good look. How long did you get to sit in it/get in/out a few times.

The pic of the rear shows (I think) the least good point of the car.